Countdown to October Trip and Food and Wine Festival!!

Sorrry the rains have been bad down there. I hope it stops for you all, and I really hope it stops before we get down there. ;)

Sorry for all the rain this week. But I've been checking the Weather Channel for Orlando and it's not looking too bad for next week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. I was there this past June; right when Debbie was hovering over Orlando for 4 days. I've NEVER been to WDW and have had it rain as much as it did then. I mean we're talking the entire day now! My umbrella and poncho were my best friends! :rotfl:

Have fun, Linda! Weather should be better for you. Our weather was AWFUL. But we were not deterred. Here are my recommendations:

Fife and Drum in American Adventure: Red Stag Honey Tea Lemonade :faint:

Canada: "Le Cellier" Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter mushrooms :faint:

Florida Kiosk: Shrimp Cerviche :faint:

Morrocco: Beef pocket :faint:

And all the other already known delights such as the Fisherman's Pie, Lamb Meatball, etc.

Eat up, folks! It's all HEAVENLY. Enjoy!

Have fun, Linda! Weather should be better for you. Our weather was AWFUL. But we were not deterred. Here are my recommendations:

Fife and Drum in American Adventure: Red Stag Honey Tea Lemonade :faint:

Canada: "Le Cellier" Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter mushrooms :faint:

Florida Kiosk: Shrimp Cerviche :faint:

Morrocco: Beef pocket :faint:

And all the other already known delights such as the Fisherman's Pie, Lamb Meatball, etc.

Eat up, folks! It's all HEAVENLY. Enjoy!

OMG are you home already???? I'm so sorry about all that rain That's how it was in June for me. What else did you all do??

Well my friends, the time has finally arrived!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning very early to catch a 6:30 am flight. Yes; I know....my room will probably not be ready but who cares???? I've got my carry on packed with a bathing suit and flip flops. :thumbsup2

For all traveling tomorrow or shortly after that...thank you for counting down the days with me. Not sure if I'll get a trip report done while I'm there, not bringing the laptop. But I'll have my Droid so you never know!!!

Here's some pixi dust for everyone.....pixiedust: and see you all in a week. But you realize I won't be sleeping tonight so I'll probabaly be back here tonight! :rotfl2:

You did the right thing last night by going to the TOTWL. Fireworks were late (as you know) and the park was miserable with rain. We had fun, though, mainly because we went late and the crowd was basically gone.

Looks like everybody's going tonight. It actually turned pretty nice just an hour or so ago. Good luck. Our turn to watch you guys from the TOTWL tonight.

Have fun! :thumbsup2

Yes, we were there last night! Crowds weren't bad, and fireworks were even better seeing them inside the park. The candy bags were full for DS's family! DH & I did fine, but all 5 of theirs were full to the brim!

I hope you enjoyed seeing them from TTOWL!

Linda & I never did connect in person, but we did chat a bit on phone!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Ms. WDW said:
Well my friends, the time has finally arrived!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning very early to catch a 6:30 am flight. Yes; I know....my room will probably not be ready but who cares???? I've got my carry on packed with a bathing suit and flip flops. :thumbsup2

For all traveling tomorrow or shortly after that...thank you for counting down the days with me. Not sure if I'll get a trip report done while I'm there, not bringing the laptop. But I'll have my Droid so you never know!!!

Here's some pixi dust for everyone.....pixiedust: and see you all in a week. But you realize I won't be sleeping tonight so I'll probabaly be back here tonight! :rotfl2:

Have a great trip!!!!

We are down to 6 sleeps and I can hardly stand it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have 6 more sleeps as well. We leave bright at early Friday morning at 4am. We'll see if we can do the whole 16 hour drive in one day. We don't check into BLT though until Saturday morning so we can stop wherever we want on the drive down for the night.

Sorry so many people got rained on this past week. Hopefully this week is better for everyone and the rest of the month as well!

RachaelA said:
We have 6 more sleeps as well. We leave bright at early Friday morning at 4am. We'll see if we can do the whole 16 hour drive in one day. We don't check into BLT though until Saturday morning so we can stop wherever we want on the drive down for the night.

Sorry so many people got rained on this past week. Hopefully this week is better for everyone and the rest of the month as well!

We don't check into BLT until Sunday (staying off-site using Starwood points for first 2 nights) Maybe we will see you there! Have a safe drive :)

I feel bad for those who were there as well. It sounds like most of them didn't let it bring their spirits down though.

Ms. WDW said:
At the airport!

Yeah!!! Have a safe journey & a fantastic trip!

Just got back on Friday from a family trip with 9 of us! Had a wonderful time!!!!! Crowds not too bad, but hot weather!!

Think my favorite were the beef skewers at Argentina!! Yum!

Went to the Cat Cora demo, was fun . Had a couple of extra tickets...since my brother and sister in law thought they would pass...omg, silly people.Was able to pass them on to another couple that came to demo, but found it sold out. Hope they enjoyed!!

Have a great time everyone!!

:hippie:

Weather looking pretty good for this week. Beautiful yesterday, today showers in pm and next 3 days sunny. This is according to. Channel 2 WESH

4 more sleeps for us!! I started to pack DD's stuff yesterday. Thankfully we are driving because I am a major overpacker!

4 more sleeps for us!! I started to pack DD's stuff yesterday. Thankfully we are driving because I am a major overpacker!

Only 4 for us as well!

I hope you have a wonderful first trip with your little princess princess:

Started a small trip report on the DVC Trip Board. Don't have my laptop so it's not as detailed as I would normally do. Called...."And the countdown ends.. I'm in my happy place". Come and visit me!

We leave Thursday. One day at the world pre-Fantasy cruise. Several days after the cruise to enjoy F&W!:cool1:

I had a wonderful time. The rain didn't damper my spirit. Arrived on Wednesday and went directly to Epcot. I had the Filet Mignon from Canada, Lobster Roll from Hops and Barley, Creme Brulee from France and the Beef Skewer from Argentina. The crowds weren't bad and the lines were short. I was so tired from getting up at 4:00am that I hit the bed early.

Thursday was a all day affair at MK. Went back and forth to MK to change a hat I bought. I was in my Jack Skellington attire. Such a shame it poured for most of the evening. There were some great costumes. I saw the Stay Puft marshmellow man and a family dressed like characters from Pinocchio. Parents were getting tired and kids were crying. People were complaining (me too) about the distribution of candy. They said because it was raining. Well it was thundering and lightning. It was kind of cool being the Halloween theme and all. I never saw it lightning like that.

They finally gave out candy. 1st parade was cancelled. Fireworks went off after 10pm and the parade commenced before 11pm. It turned out well.

Friday was Epcot day. Walked around and ate the same things. I stuck to what I liked. It started raining around 4pm. Most were at La Cava Tequilia in Mexico, me included. Had a Tequilia Flight. Was good. Ran to the pavilion barefoot for my 6pm Mixology seminar. That was great and then it stopped raining so back to showcase for the 3D party. Desserts and alcohol was flowing. It was really nice. Didn't know there were so many songs with a "candy" theme. Band was good. They gave us 3D glasses that were so cool. You could see Mickey heads. So we wore them at Illuminations and it was cool watching Mickeys burst in the air.

Saturday was AK and HS day. Did Expedition Everest twice and that was it. Left and stayed at HS for a couple of hours. That was to only do Toy story and Rock Roller coaster. Left around 3pm. Back to OKW and hung around Gurgling Suitcase for a few drinks. Went back to HS at 8pm. Caught Fantasmic and then used my FP for Toy Story. Then saw Fantasmic again.

Sunday was football day. I sat at the ESPN bar from 12-6pm. In my glory. Took the boat to Epcot and ate my last Creme Brulee. Then over to MK until 2am.

Yesterday back home on one of the worst flights. The Eastern Seaboard was hammered and there was no way the pilot could avoid it. No beverage service the whole flight. I prayed and sang and startled the poor lady next to me when I grabbed her arm. I profusely blessed the pilot and his crew.

Will definitely do it again next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter