• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco final payment problem

Called Costco and got it paid. The agent indicated that DCL’s recent ‘upgrade’ created a disconnect between the Costco payment site and DCL so word of warning if you are booked through Costco and need to make a payment soon, you may need to call Costco so account for that in your planning.
My payments on the DCL site just worked this a.m. so perhaps has been fixed.

How long did it take you to get through to Costco Travel?

I've been trying to make payments for over a week and haven't had any success. I've tried a couple different cards and a couple different amounts. I've also filled out the online form for them to contact me twice, and haven't heard back. It's pretty frustrating!

Reviving this thread since this seems like a recurring issue. We have two cabins booked, one for the grandparents, and one for our family, and we had no issue making a payment against the first cabin, but absolutely nothing worked on the second cabin. Quite frustrating, and it probably means I'll be spending 2 hours on the phone with Costco just to get payment sorted out.

Reviving this thread since this seems like a recurring issue. We have two cabins booked, one for the grandparents, and one for our family, and we had no issue making a payment against the first cabin, but absolutely nothing worked on the second cabin. Quite frustrating, and it probably means I'll be spending 2 hours on the phone with Costco just to get payment sorted out.
Whenever I've called I've gotten through almost immediately.

Oh that's good to know. Everything i've read suggested they're a real pain to work with over the phone, so I had only even booked through Costco being pretty certain we wouldn't cancel or make any changes to our schedule.

Costco isn't generally a pain to deal with on the phone. The real trouble comes when you have a placeholder to use and have to go through them to book the cruise, that is a painfully long wait. But generally, they are fine. In fact once they screwed up on my final payment and they ended up eating the $800 mistake!

Costco does always set final payment for about 2 weeks before the actual date, in part so that if problems occur they can be fixed without you losing out on the cruise.

I couldn't make my final payment online either (a few days ago). It's definitely their issue. I just called them and paid over the phone.

The Costco payment system doesn’t work with the DCL online payment system, so I have been told. I always have to call in to make payments. Happened during a DCL computer system update. The phone lines have not been long like they were during the pandemic.

The Costco payment system doesn’t work with the DCL online payment system, so I have been told. I always have to call in to make payments. Happened during a DCL computer system update. The phone lines have not been long like they were during the pandemic.

If I had to hazard a guess, they could be running into issues with the new two-factor DVC system, or something like that (probably not exactly that, because the two-factor auth thing predates these issues with Costco payments). Something along those lines would explain why we could pay on the grandparents' booking but not ours.

EDIT TO ADD: You can watch the network requests in a browser like Chrome using the developer tools, and I can see that when I hit "submit", it hangs for about 50 seconds before redirecting me to the reservation detail page. It would appear that Costco is waiting for some type of response from Disney, and it times out. This would suggest that Costco has improperly configured their handshake in some way for certain account types.

You're responding to a post from 14 months ago.
Lol yep. It was my original post and as I posted further down the the thread, the issue was something to do with Disney’s system connecting with Costco’s and not something I could workaround myself. I had to call to get it paid. The cruise in question was last August.

Sounds like the problem might have reappeared for some folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter