Cool Pins

Island_Lauri

DIS Veteran
Received a pleasant surprise in the mail today. 2 very cool pins from DVC. The pins are shaped like Mickey heads with blue and white stars on one half and red and white stripes on the other half. The 2 pins are identical. They came inside a card that says "If we look closely, we can see it. The truest spirit of America stands before us in our steadfast belief in brighter tomorrows and our magical faith in new beginnings." "Come home soon. Your bit of magic awaits." "Your Disney Vacation Club Family"

Very nice.

This is the very pin that I tried so hard to get during my stay this past weekend. I hope they went out to everybody. All the CM's are wearing them and they were expecting another shipment any day now, but none were to be found on the racks. Thanks for the good news.

Same thoughts here, hope everyone gets one or a set! They were in high demand when we were at WDW last week (10-6 to 10-13) Could not find them anywhere!! Looked at every pin station in all four parks, at VWL, and World of Disney. None to be had!! It would be very cool to receive them from DVC. One cast member at World of Disney gave us the SKU # to order, but I think I'll wait a bit and see if I get them in the mail. Thanks for the info.

I just noticed the back of the pin. It says Disney Vacation Club "In remembrance September 11, 2001" I thought that was the significance of the pin but I wasn't sure because it seemed too quick for them to have designed the pin, had them manufactured and mailed out already.

OH NO!!!

I'm thinking that this is another one of those "hit or miss" efforts that we've seen from DVC. Recent new members have related receiving different types of goodies with their purchase, even when buying similar point amounts in a similar time frame.

I'm very happy for you, and I hope I'm wrong and that all DVC members will be getting this in the mail soon! It sounds very nice.

We are not recent members. Not old timers either. We purchased BWV directly from Disney in early 2000. I imagine that they have enough to send to all members because the card included 2 pins!!

Although I haven't received those from DVC, I am looking at one hanging on my lanyard I bought this past November. And, you are right, they were unavailable and in heavy demand in the end of September this year.

PS - mine don't have the inscription on the back though:(

Usually, we have to wait for a few weeks after things are announced here to recieve anything that DVC mails out so when I got home tonight & found out we got these pins I was surprised, especially since I hadn't anything about them on the boards. They're absolutely great.

I hope they are sending this gift to all members - I've always been a red/white/blue, Americana fan. I have the Mickey Ears pin, but not with the inscription on the back. I'll be checking my mail daily! Thanks for the heads up!

Hope they are sending these pins to all of the members:p
DW has one she purchased on a previous trip to the World.
She has been wearing it almost every day lately.
Asked at the local DS and was told it was only available at the Parks.
Hope we get a suprise package in time to wear these when we go home in 10 days:D

Can one of you Lucky ones post a picture of those pins?

They are neat. I wasn't expecting a package from dvc, and it was stamped so I opened it in the garage...and was pleasantly surprised!

I'm glad for everyone who received the pins. I hope to receive them too but don't expect to. I have read many posts about DVC members receiving pins, but I never have. I feel left out. :(

To those of you have received these (and prior) pins, who in DVC sends them out?

I joined in March 2000 and never have received anything - except the original tote bag - not the licence plate or any pins (but I hadn't heard of anyone else receiving pins). I'm not complaining, I don't expect to get freebies in the mail. I do hope to get these though, it's such a nice touch!:smooth:

Everyone has been asking about what the pin look like - it is very similiar to Gemini14 Icon - except that the blue and white stars take up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the Mickey head instead of just the left ear. Don't have the pin in front of me - trying to remember from memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter