Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Any tips here for renting a confirmed reservation during Christmas break? I've used rental site in the past but seems like this year they aren't renting very quickly. Thanks.
No tips from me. I have never rented points, though I have swapped for Disney cruises. But I always just claim reservations someone wants and not confirmed reservations.

Looking at Jet Blue flights from HPN and BDL in in April 2024 and the AM flights are listed in the $400s per person and the plane has a lot of seats. Does anyone know if or when Jet Blue drops the prices on these flights?

Looking at Jet Blue flights from HPN and BDL in in April 2024 and the AM flights are listed in the $400s per person and the plane has a lot of seats. Does anyone know if or when Jet Blue drops the prices on these flights?
Prices out of BDL for April break are insane!…-

Prices out of BDL for April break are insane!…-
I ended up booking HPN and moving my dates around, but I did see they added additional flight at HPN on a Friday morning so the seats were 234 person . Maybe they might add more to BDL, if my prices go down or another flight opens I'm guessing I can rebook and keep the travel credit.

Hi All, just a heads up in case you’re, like me, unaware of one of the recent laws in Florida. Rental cars might not rent you a car if you are from Connecticut and don’t have a Real ID license.

I was reading the law and technically you should be fine with the regular one, but I guess the rental companies want to be on the safe side of it.

The rental didn’t mention it, but when I was picking up the car they didn’t accept my license. Fun times lol. Had to get an Uber and it’s going to mess some of my plans for the week.

My license is up for renewal in a few months and I was planning to get the Real ID one anyways, but for now I guess Florida doesn’t want me here. They seem happy to take my money, though.

Hi All, just a heads up in case you’re, like me, unaware of one of the recent laws in Florida. Rental cars might not rent you a car if you are from Connecticut and don’t have a Real ID license.

I was reading the law and technically you should be fine with the regular one, but I guess the rental companies want to be on the safe side of it.

The rental didn’t mention it, but when I was picking up the car they didn’t accept my license. Fun times lol. Had to get an Uber and it’s going to mess some of my plans for the week.

My license is up for renewal in a few months and I was planning to get the Real ID one anyways, but for now I guess Florida doesn’t want me here. They seem happy to take my money, though.

Interesting. What rental company?

We are here now and rented from Alamo with no issues. I do not have a Real ID, nor did they ask for one.

Interesting. What rental company?

We are here now and rented from Alamo with no issues. I do not have a Real ID, nor did they ask for one.
Hertz. Our Uber driver told me they’re the ones being the most strict about it, but he told us it can happen with the others sometimes. He told us it’s been happening a lot the past few months. Now it’s less frequent as only two states are still being affected by this (Connecticut and Delaware).

Howdy Numeggers! Re: Avelo from Tweed to MCO
They will discontinue the evening flight from Orlando to New Haven in April. Attached is a response from my inquiry.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 24
They will discontinue the evening flight from Orlando to New Haven in April. Attached is a response from my inquiry.
Thanks for the info, Avelo just keeps getting less appealing even though it is closer to me.

I think it just shows most of us are trying to get the pain and suffering out of the way by coming home as soon as possible the day of departure….

I think it just shows most of us are trying to get the pain and suffering out of the way by coming home as soon as possible the day of departure….
I understand. The pain is real. But I just can’t check out that early.

Made it out of cold CT Thursday morning and to the Polynesian Villas for our first stay there. Cold morning this morning but a nice sunny day. Room is nice, a little different when used to staying in a 1br but excited for the Poly Tower to get completed and maybe an add on there. Had a nice visit with my daughter who came over from the Tampa area and stayed at Boulder Ridge for a night

Attachments

• IMG_3726.jpeg
    IMG_3726.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 10
July with my daughters and sister at POFQ. Next trip on points is September at the Riviera with my husband and our 3 youngest.

Bummed to be missing Flower and Garden this year, making sure I have it in my plans next year even if only for a weekend away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter