Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Going down on JetBlue out of Westchester mid July and PRAYING that the flights will take off considering FAA is requiring all airlines to have switched over to 5G as of July 1 and at this point 20% have not. FAA supposedly said that flights not complying would not be allowed to fly.
Oh noooo! We are flying down on the 7th. Fingers crossed we can fly out 🤞🏾

Oh noooo! We are flying down on the 7th. Fingers crossed we can fly out 🤞🏾
Let me clarify, if the weather is bad the flight gets cancelled because the older equipment supposedly cannot deal with the new 5G telecom signals in bad weather if that makes ANY sense.

Let me clarify, if the weather is bad the flight gets cancelled because the older equipment supposedly cannot deal with the new 5G telecom signals in bad weather if that makes ANY sense.
Thanks for the clarification!

I guess we will see. We’re flying Avelo so I’m just hoping for good weather all the way since I don’t know if they have 5G.

A number of you have booked on Avelo out of New Haven. I booked a flight back in April for July, never got a confirmation although I received a charge on my credit card. Can't view the flight because I have no confirmation number. Been on hold now for 40 minutes trying to get anyone there today Sunday as I flight to MCO tomorrow on Jet Blue. Have any of you had this experience? Frustrating. Had all kinds of billing issues last year when I flew on them, claiming I did not pay, which I then showed them a copy of the visa charge. They also lost my luggage. Flying on them only as a last resort.

A number of you have booked on Avelo out of New Haven. I booked a flight back in April for July, never got a confirmation although I received a charge on my credit card. Can't view the flight because I have no confirmation number. Been on hold now for 40 minutes trying to get anyone there today Sunday as I flight to MCO tomorrow on Jet Blue. Have any of you had this experience? Frustrating. Had all kinds of billing issues last year when I flew on them, claiming I did not pay, which I then showed them a copy of the visa charge. They also lost my luggage. Flying on them only as a last resort.
So sorry to hear of your issues with Avelo. I have always received an email confirmation within 15 minutes of booking. I hope it all works out for you!

So sorry to hear of your issues with Avelo. I have always received an email confirmation within 15 minutes of booking. I hope it all works out for you!
Thanks. Just saw that New Haven is closed due to flooding. Likely a couple hundred trying to rebook which is why I cant get through.

A coworker of mine booked a trip in August with them and they notified him they were canceling because they weren’t flying on that day anymore. Then three weeks later after he had already booked on southwest out of Bradley they opened up a sale for flights on his original day. He kept his flight with southwest and was pretty turned off by the Avelo experience

Thanks. Just saw that New Haven is closed due to flooding. Likely a couple hundred trying to rebook which is why I cant get through.
We flew back tonight (got off the Wish this morning) and our flight was packed. I was seated next to a young man who said he was supposed to fly home to CT yesterday and couldn’t but a lot of people from his canceled flight were booked on the flight leaving MCO at 4:05 pm today. I’ve never been on an Avelo flight that was 100% full until today.

I don’t know who stole my non Disney fan husband and replaced him with someone else, but somehow he agreed to an Easter/Spring break trip. Our kids have the week after Easter off which is great because my worker who also has small kids has spring break the 3rd week of April, which hopefully means I’ll have no issue getting it off.

I was debating on waiting to see Avelo prices but think I might just burn the rest of the SW and Jet blue points I have. New Haven is much closer for us but I’ve been seeing more negatives lately so I guess we will just do the longer drive.

When does everyone else have spring break this year? We used to always have the 3rd week of April, but it seems the last few years have been the week of Easter whenever it falls. I wish it was still in towards the end of April so we could travel on DD’s bday but I am excited to see Easter at Disney.

Just booked our Easter trip on SW. Avoided Jet Blue bc I don’t want to deal with terminal c on a busy week. I have no clue where the car rental return is and to be honest dragging the kids, stroller, car seats and suitcases through terminal c was not fun in July.

I don’t know who stole my non Disney fan husband and replaced him with someone else, but somehow he agreed to an Easter/Spring break trip. Our kids have the week after Easter off which is great because my worker who also has small kids has spring break the 3rd week of April, which hopefully means I’ll have no issue getting it off.

I was debating on waiting to see Avelo prices but think I might just burn the rest of the SW and Jet blue points I have. New Haven is much closer for us but I’ve been seeing more negatives lately so I guess we will just do the longer drive.

When does everyone else have spring break this year? We used to always have the 3rd week of April, but it seems the last few years have been the week of Easter whenever it falls. I wish it was still in towards the end of April so we could travel on DD’s bday but I am excited to see Easter at Disney.
We have the second week of April off.

Just booked our Easter trip on SW. Avoided Jet Blue bc I don’t want to deal with terminal c on a busy week. I have no clue where the car rental return is and to be honest dragging the kids, stroller, car seats and suitcases through terminal c was not fun in July.
We were apprehensive about terminal c after out first experience but our last trip a few weeks ago changed our minds completely. Baggage claim to rental car pickup and then eventually return were quicker and easier than terminal A! I do have Budget fastbreak which is a must at both terminals.

Last edited:
We have always used SW or JB from BDL but could not justify the flight cost this time being double.….So I just booked Avelo for the first time for our upcoming Columbus Day weekend quick hitter trip for Food and Wine. 😬
Looks like I need to reserve parking?

We have always used SW or JB from BDL but could not justify the flight cost this time being double.….So I just booked Avelo for the first time for our upcoming Columbus Day weekend quick hitter trip for Food and Wine. 😬
We didn’t reserve parking in July and there were plenty of spots available in Lot B when we drove in.

We travelled Thanksgiving weekend last year and didn’t reserve. I’m cheap so we parked in lot C and there was tons of availability.

Any tips here for renting a confirmed reservation during Christmas break? I've used rental site in the past but seems like this year they aren't renting very quickly. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter