Completed Page Swap - **Complete**

yay:banana: Thanks!!

I was trying really hard to resist, but when I read the screen names of the other four people and recalled their work, I knew I had to.

I think that I would prefer Hollywood Studios because I have a bunch of MGM stuff left over that I'm not sure I'm going to use. Thanks for asking. :)

Too funny.....I have zero MGM.....but I can use either.

Shauna,

It's been a long time since I've been in a swap so I think i need to get back in the saddle so to speak....LOL. If not already taken please sign me up for 12x12
Group A: Chip and Dale.
Group B: Pooh and Piglet.

Thanks for letting us know about this and hosting.

Can I have J4...

:confused3 I have the such a good idea for it (utilizing computer fonts and computer graphics) that I feel like I need to do it...I knew I should avoid this thread...:rotfl:

Can I change my Cinderella Group to Aurora & Fairies I have been playing with my cricut and have made so many paper piecings in the last 2 days..lol

All photo mats should then be two layers on top of that. For example, my base paper is black Bazzill Bling. One of my mats is then a layer of red with a layer of yellow on top of that. Did that make sense? Did it even answer your question? I'm sorry in advance if it didn't.

Ok, so each photo mat should be three layers, does that go for journal boxes and toppers as well?

Ok, so each photo mat should be three layers, does that go for journal boxes and toppers as well?

Each photo mat should be two layers on top of the base paper. The photo placed on top would make the third layer. Toppers and standard journal boxes should be double matted as well. There are more specifics in the element list in the first post on this thread.

Let me know if you still have questions.

So, double-matted means two layers and a base for this swap. I was confused because the pictures in the examples on the thread are only two layers without a base.

Thanks:cheer2: , I just wanted to check early so I don't need to fix everything later.:cool1:

Sorry for the confusion. Those pics are from another swap. I'll post my almost finished pages for my Fab 5 Group tomorrow. I still need to figure out what I'm doing for my title/topper but it shows the mats.

Thanks for asking!

I just stole the following post from 123SA in the Resort thread. She explained everything so well that I am going to use her descriptions. Thanks, Susan!!!!

IMGP4122.jpg

Photomats:
the one on the left, the white layer is 4 1/4 by 6 1/4 so when you put a 4x6 photo you will have a small white boarder or mat all the way around the photo -- this first layer does not have to be 4 1/4 by 6 1/4 -- it can be larger, but it can't be 4x6 or smaller

the next layer is black 4 3/8 by 6 3/8 -- this now meets the 2 layer requirement

the final layer is 5x7 and is not required

Also note that it is embellished, in the upper rt corner there is fiber and a brad and I also counted the zebra printed paper as an embellishement.

2nd photo mat (right side)

First, notice it co-ordinates but isn't exactly the same. When I did my first swap I made my photomats match exactly. Generally, most people make their mats coordinate ...but I don't know if that is a "rule"

Here the white layer is 4 1/4 by 6 1/4, the black layer is 4 3/4 by 6 3/4. two layers. I embellished with ribbon and brads -- the photo is able to slip under the ribbon. This is important to note -- if the photo could not slip under the ribbon, then the whole thing would have to be bigger.

IMGP7744.jpg

see in these photomats with the bugs--The top photomat the light green layer is 4 1/4 x 6 1/4, the next layer I made big enough to accomodate the bugs so that the photo could be added without cropping. I think it is 4 1/2 by 6 3/4 or 7. Notice the bottom photomat does not have 2 layers -- this would not be something I turned in for a swap.

Tags:
I thik of it as one tag with a shadow -- so two layers
in the zebra set--I started with a white tag with a black shadow. I embellished it with the printed paper and the rub-on letters. Finally--notice the hole -- it must be filled in some way. With fiber, ribbon, brad, eyelet and whatever else I haven't thought of.

Journal mats
IMGP4258.jpg

the light green box is the writing area, then 2 mats brown and then green. Embellished with the little plant and inked edges .

I hope this helps and that I haven't come accross as a know-it-all.

Please add me to these groups.

Group A:
3 - Donald and Goofy

Group C: Princesses and Sidekicks/Princes
2 - Ariel & Sebastian/Flounder/Prince Eric

Group E: Good vs. Evil -
2 - Snow White & the Evil Queen

Group G2: WDW Group – 2 page 12x12
5. Disney Hollywood Studios

Thanks

Each photo mat should be two layers on top of the base paper. The photo placed on top would make the third layer. Toppers and standard journal boxes should be double matted as well. There are more specifics in the element list in the first post on this thread.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Ok, the more I read the more confused I am! Is the "base paper" the 12x12 sheet or is it a base layer for your other layers? Does that make sense? This is my first swap. Thanks and sorry for asking the same question that you have already answered! :confused3

For this swap only...

The base is your 12x12 or 6x6 paper. Then on top of the base you put your elements. Most elements will consist of two layers.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking and then just got confused. I have a plan and most of my stuff. Now, to just get started................

I am new to these boards but I am an avid scrapper and would LOVE to get more involved!!

Is it ok for me to participate?

If so I would really like Group A DOnald and Goofy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter