COMPLETE Progress Sketch Swap CLOSED

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high
Due Date: April 8th

-You are allowed to rotate the sketch/map in any direction you want.
-Please try to stay as true to the sketch/map as possible.
-Please use a layer of cardstock as your base. You may completely cover it with thinner paper. It is very difficult to sort them when they bend and sometimes the embellishments get caught.
-Please use quality paper on your layouts. I will not limit your “name” brands, but please use good judgment. If the patterned paper doesn't have a name printed on it, don't use it.
-You are not required to double mat your elements or have to embellish the elements one/two way.
-You can add a mat layer to the photo placements if you like. That is the only alteration to the layout that should be done.
-You may use any kind of embellishment you like on these sketches where they are indicated or in place of a “layer” of paper. Ribbon and fiber are good substitutions for paper layers.
-You may use different embellishments on each of your layouts. Please ensure they are of the same quality.
-Please use generic non gender specific titles – Smile, Happy, Giggle, Sunny Day, Splash, PlayTime, etc.
Momma’s Boy, Good Girl, Little Princess/Prince, 4th of July, Mother’s Day are too specific.
-You will not have to tell me your title selection. It will be the surprise element along with the colors.
-Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. But these should be easier than other page swaps as the placement is already decided for you.
-New to me swappers are limited to TWO groups.
-Please sign the back of your layout.
-Place each group in their own 2-gallon baggie and label the baggie with your real name, DISname and group information.
-Please send postage for a medium or large flat rate box. Do NOT use the Click-it postage from USPS. I cannot use it. It has to be used the day it was printed. Stamps, check or cash are acceptable.
-If you don't mind the delay in return shipping, you may use non-priority to save some $$. Please use packaging I can reuse and send 3-4 extra stamps from what it cost you to mail it to me. Just in case some pages are heavier than others.
-Please include your address in the box. Address label, index card, priority label.
HAVE FUN WITH IT!

I will open up more groups of the same sketch/page map if there is interest.

Group A
jan1012x12d.jpg

A1
1. 123SA
2. rlovew
3. MT
4. ZTH
A2
1. AWM
2. DIT
3. 123SA
4. MT

Group B
feb0912x12b.jpg

B1
1. AWM
2. DIT
3. 123SA
4. MT
B2
1. rlovew
2. ZTH
3. 123SA
4. AWM

Group C
mar0912x12d.jpg

C1
1. 123SA
2. MT
3. ZTH
4. PBF
C2
1. AWM
2. DIT
3. MT
4. 123SA

Group D
apr0912x12d.jpg

D1
1. 123SA
2. MT
3. ZTH
4. PBF
D2
1. DIT
2. 123SA
3. MT
4. AWM

Group E
apr0912x12a.jpg

E1
1. DIT
2. 123SA
3. rlovew
4. MT
E2
1. ZTH
2. AWM
3. MT
4. 123SA

Group F
june0812x12a.jpg

F1
1. AWM
2. DIT
3. 123SA
4. rlovew
F2
1. MT
2. AWM
3. ZTH
4. PBF

List of Titles Used So Far
aim high
amore
believe
be you
celebrate
cute as a button
family x2
friends
home
ice cream
joy
jump
life is good
love
lovely
memories
play
party
shine
snow day
sweetie pie
star
time 4 fun
water works
wild
wish
you rock

Mailed -
I have
I mailed
You have

AWM
DIT
123SA
rlovew
PBF
ZTH

MT

This my take on Group B

The background is textured Bazzill
The shaped pattern paper is from the DCWV Indian Summer
The glitter paper is from DCWV Indian Summer
The green pattern paper is American Traditional Designs
The burgundy solid is The Paper Company (JoAnn's solids)
The journaling lines are stamped Kaleidacolor and clear heat embossed
I forgot to ink the burgundy photo mat so I put a glitter photo corner to embellish it some
The title is orange glitter paper using Graphical Speaking
The fiber is from a swap. ;)
The staples are orange. [hint: I put the smaller pieces together first and stapled one side of the fiber first and then put it on the larger pattern paper on the background and then stapled that side. My stapler wouldn't do the far side otherwise.]

102_4888.jpg

It a little dark, but it looks cool in person. That is green, not yellow.
I did this in 45 minutes from picking paper to finish. I will take more time and get the rest a bit more straight. Promise.

This my take on Group B

The background is textured Bazzill
The shaped pattern paper is from the DCWV Indian Summer
The glitter paper is from DCWV Indian Summer
The green pattern paper is American Traditional Designs
The burgundy solid is The Paper Company (JoAnn's solids)
The journaling lines are stamped Kaleidacolor and clear heat embossed
I forgot to ink the burgundy photo mat so I put a glitter photo corner to embellish it some
The title is orange glitter paper using Graphical Speaking
The fiber is from a swap. ;)
The staples are orange. [hint: I put the smaller pieces together first and stapled one side of the fiber first and then put it on the larger pattern paper on the background and then stapled that side. My stapler wouldn't do the far side otherwise.]

102_4888.jpg

It a little dark, but it looks cool in person. That is green, not yellow.
I did this in 45 minutes from picking paper to finish. I will take more time and get the rest a bit more straight. Promise.

Wow! This is fabulous!

Thanks for the stapler tip - -I probably would have been stumped on that.

Question: Do all of the pages have to use the same paper?

:hyper:

So glad you want to play.

OT-we are going to the museum tomorrow and the boys again brought up that we saw you and your kiddos there. :thumbsup2

AWM, your page looks great. I think this swap will be a great way to get us out of our comfort zones and try new things.

Just an FYI - where it shows a shaped edge or whole piece - you don't have to use the one shown. You can use a pre-made or make your own with the Cricut or edge punchers. You can also use the Bazzill shaped strips on either side of a straight piece to achieve the look.

I love this swap idea, Ann, but I need to be better about my time management. I'm going to be late on Stephanie's swap and I hate that.

Have fun!

Because this looks to be a smaller participation swap, I have changed the mailing requirements. If you mail at least 10 before the due date, you can mail it first class. If want, I will also return it to you first class.

No need for the USPS system to always get our money. I don't think these will be heavy. It is finding a box or padded envelope [with cardstock/cardboard to stiffen it] the right size that is hard.

Sorry for the late response - I'd love to play!

Can I fill the last spots in Groups C and D?

I'll take a spot in F2 (thanks awm:lovestruc) and I would be open to joining any other groups if they open up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter