COMPLETE - Disney Surprise Swap Progress

Well you can use your crict for topper's that say the Characters name Oh how about tags specific to the charcter your doing would that work????I'm trying to think
Dude I'm confused now

AWM decided on no paper piecing because we are having a paper piecing only swap in early January.

However, you can still use your cricut paper piecings. For example, you can make a journal box, mat, square or shapes, or tag that is embellished with a paper piecing -- either the whole character, just the head, or the character accessories. I believe that what you can't do is a stand alone paper piecing.

AWM -- is this interpretation correct?

:confused3
I just signed up for group Ab characters only, but I have no idea what I can do if I can't use my Cricket for the characters. Unless there are some ideas you can give me. I am new to swapping so I'm sure there are a ton of things that I am not thinking of. :confused3
Defineatley sign me up for group Cd for photo mats. That I can figure out, lol:yay:

Hey Michelle,

Great to see you here. You can still use your Cricut 100% for this. Look at the Princess carts, and you will see a lot of non-traditional paper piecings - like frames, shapes which you can embellish, and borders.

I made these for different swaps:
Shapes -
C_Pumpkin1.jpg

Border -
C_border.jpg

You can also use a cart to make a tag and embellish it like Susan said. I used a tag as a modified topper here. And also you can see on the left the embellished squares (with stickers).
IMG_3333.jpg

And when you go to embellish your photo mats, you can use the Cricut to make the embellishments - just remember to use pop-dots to raise the items, so people can slide the photos under.
IMG_5172.jpg

I have TONS of other examples, but they are not photographed. If you want to see a journal box made with the Cricut, let me know. Or if you have any questions, just ask.

hey so no paper peicings????(SP)

:confused3
I just signed up for group Ab characters only, but I have no idea what I can do if I can't use my Cricket for the characters. Unless there are some ideas you can give me. I am new to swapping so I'm sure there are a ton of things that I am not thinking of. :confused3
Defineatley sign me up for group Cd for photo mats. That I can figure out, lol:yay:

Well you can use your crict for topper's that say the Characters name Oh how about tags specific to the charcter your doing would that work????I'm trying to think
Dude I'm confused now

AWM decided on no paper piecing because we are having a paper piecing only swap in early January.

However, you can still use your cricut paper piecings. For example, you can make a journal box, mat, square or shapes, or tag that is embellished with a paper piecing -- either the whole character, just the head, or the character accessories. I believe that what you can't do is a stand alone paper piecing.

AWM -- is this interpretation correct?

:rotfl: Teach me to go away from my computer for the afternoon.

I decided on the no paper piecing because of the stand alone swap that is happening.

Mischief Managed showed some great examples of how to use the piecings within a different element. :thumbsup2

You CAN use your Cricut to create the embellishings, letters, tags, etc. You just can't make the character and leave it at that. You will need to put it on a tag or box or mat or frame or topper. Most of them would be too big for shapes or slides. ;)

The pooh cart has great character faces that hang over a element very nicely. All the icons work great as embellishments.

Sorry if I confused anyone before. Did it get explained correctly?

Yuppers. So you can use paper piercing to embellish but not as a stand alone element. I was sorta wondering too.

It has to be attached to the title, tag, photo mat etc. :goodvibes

Might have to bust out the Tink and Cars. Havent even used Cars yet. too much :surfweb:

sigh...I can't resist. I'll take a spot in the open mat group. I've got lots of scraps to use up.

Could you please add me to the following groups:

Group 4
5. Mischief_Managed

Group Ac - characters only
2. Mischief_Managed

Group Cd - photo mats
5. Mischief_Managed

Now I should be done with my selections! :goodvibes

Just to clarify, I think it's already been asked, but is this a "use up your scraps" swap? If so, then can I send photomat sets that are different from the other sets in the same group? I was just thinking that you can get 4 photomats per paper, and I have lots of 1 pages left, but not many 2 pages of stuff. I want to try and make this swap 100% from what I already have. So hopefully I can.

Could you please add me to the following groups:

Group 4
5. Mischief_Managed

Group Ac - characters only
2. Mischief_Managed

Group Cd - photo mats
5. Mischief_Managed

Now I should be done with my selections! :goodvibes

Just to clarify, I think it's already been asked, but is this a "use up your scraps" swap? If so, then can I send photomat sets that are different from the other sets in the same group? I was just thinking that you can get 4 photomats per paper, and I have lots of 1 pages left, but not many 2 pages of stuff. I want to try and make this swap 100% from what I already have. So hopefully I can.

YES!! Exactly! Use up your stash. As long as you don't make more than 6 of one thing, I am happy. You can always use the paper after the 2 mats and turn that into journalling boxes. :thumbsup2

Yeah!! This swap just keeps getting better and better! :cool1:

I love to use up my stash. Then i can justfy buying more. :) And then it fits!! thats the big one. :rotfl:

AWM-I too have a photo mat phobia. but im slowly getting over it. I still dont use them in my own books but I have been making them for swaps. So eventually I'll get to that point.

Is there a group for people that are afraid to use new techniques in there books? :confused3

Question on the requirements... Can you use pieces you have received from other swaps that you otherwise wouldn't not be able to use in your books or when you say "use your stash" as in make it from your own imagination using stuff on hand?

Group 4

Group Ac
Characters only

Topper only
Group Bc

Photo Mats
Group D

Group D is a kiddos group. You can certain do photo mats for it or I can open up another photo mat group and put you in that one. I just want to be sure I put you in the group you really want to be in. :)

PS-glad to see you here

Question on the requirements... Can you use pieces you have received from other swaps that you otherwise wouldn't not be able to use in your books or when you say "use your stash" as in make it from your own imagination using stuff on hand?

:sad1: Nope. This one is a made by your own hand swap. The "use your stash" is as in your collection of paper, stickers, ribbon, brads -the basic building block stuff.

I will have another Pass-It-Forward swap next year for the pieces you received from other swaps that you won't use. And that can be from any swap, here or elsewhere, as long as it meets the basic double matted, some kind of embellishment requirements [the 2 embellishing rule doesn't count].

Thanks. I am glad I asked in case I did throw one or two pieces in a group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter