"Community Leader program" - great improvements in notification

JeanJoe

<font color=red>VMK Community Leader!</font color>
Hi all,

In the past, I've reported that Community Leader applicants did NOT:

1) receive acknowledgement of their application
2) receive notification of their acceptance (other than the change in title and appearance of the sorceror's badge; I was accepted ~7/12)
3) receive a description of their responsibilities

Over the past week, we've seen that #1 has been addressed, and that emails have gone out to people who have applied.

I'd like to inform you all that today (7/23) I received an email from VMK explaining that they had technical difficulties with their notification procecss.

I won't include the email, because I think it is inappropriate to post emails that I receive without permission. However, the contents, although clear and concise, don't have any "deep secrets" that you would be particularly interested in hearing. Just the usual "Help out players to the best of your ability" stuff.

Also, it hints that there will be different "levels" of community leader, perhaps (lol, guess I just shot any chance of THAT happening for me ;) ). If VMK staff make it clear that it is OK to post the email, I would be happy to do so.

Just wanted to post this update for any who may be curious / thinking about applying to become a Community Leader. And also, I wanted to give credit to the VMK for continuing to "iron out bugs" in the game and improving communication. Kudos to the VMK.

Yesterday, I had 38 emails from VMK. Most were the "thanks for commenting on beta" but one was a "thanks for applying for Community Leader, please answer the following questions" which was clearly a further step along in the process.

Today, I received an email from VMK that said, "Thanks for answering the questions, we will review them and let you know within the next week. Do not reply to this email." Clearly the staff is trying to cure some of the communication woes. Glad to see it.

bevgray said:
(..snip..)but one was a "thanks for applying for Community Leader, please answer the following questions" which was clearly a further step along in the process.

If it's not confidential, can you or anyone else post what these "2nd level" questions are?

i got about 7 emils from the VMK mailman
:)
one was about what i have to do when being a community leader

it says if im helpful enough then i can go to the next level
does that mean soon i might be VMK_wdwlover the first male cast member?

The VMK email requested that the questions not be posted so I am honoring that. They are all VMK related however. So anyone who plays frequently should be able to answer.

bevgray said:
The VMK email requested that the questions not be posted so I am honoring that. They are all VMK related however. So anyone who plays frequently should be able to answer.

Very good -- that's why I wrote "if not confidential." Having been lucky enough to be selected in the first group, I never had to answer the questions, lol. Knowing the "mechanism" of the application, if not the specifics, is helpful to me to answer the frequent question of how to become CL.

So, from what I understand, to the best of our knowledge:

1) to apply, you need to have played for a certain amount of time, including character creation ~1 month ago, as well as some unknown amount of number of hours played

2) you send in an initial application, answering the question "Why do you want to be a CL?" (at least, that's what the step was before)

3) if acceptable, they send you a list of questions to answer

4) and then you wait

5) And it appears, once accepted, you will now receive an email confirmation.

Is that accurate to our best knowledge?

Good! I am glad that others received the email questions too. When I got up this morning the email was waiting for me and I excitedly answered the best I could at 5:30 in the morning :teeth:

Hopefully I will hear something soon and join the CL league :)

I suppose I should be the one to have a dissenting voice; after all, I am the worst player in VMK and most likely to use red words when at all possible. I would like to ask each and every one of you (hang on, ahem, "One, 1, one, 111111111!" Ah, it feels good to be able to say that number) to NOT sign up to be a Community Leader. I have my reasons, and they are very good reasons:

1 (Still feels good to say that number) At the rate the program is going, half of the current VMK population will be a Community Leader by the beginning of October, so what's the fun in that?

2 (That number felt pretty good, too) Come on, gang (a word you can't say in VMK, gang), if you become a Community Leader they will know who you are and can keep better tabs on you and the sorcerer's hat pin will administer an electric shock whenever you type in a red word!

3 (Oh, how I miss the old derivative, tree) The letters "C" and "L" are 5 (hive, in VMKspeak) keys to the right and 1 (there it is again) key up from each other. For all practical purposes, they are on the other side of the world on my keyboard, and keeping in mind that we cannot have a typo when entering a fellow player's name (why can't we say "name" for gosh sakes?), adding a "C" and an "L" and then the added endangerment of the underscore, which is near the top right of the keyboard (which, by the way, cannot be said in its standard compound word form) and requires the additional use of the Shift key (as do the prefacing "C" and "L") which spikes the chances of a person's title going from a dicey proposition to get it right the first time when trying to hurry up and get in on the conversation –*particularly when some schmuck behind a popcorn cart is yammering on and on about who knows what –*to being a herculean task of manual dexterity overload and tricky navigation of what used to be a user-friendly user name (which, just to remind you, comes up as "###" when thoughtlessly entered into the VMK interface {which I think is a "legal" word, although I don't believe "legal is"}).

In summation, I earnestly ask for a cessation of Community Leader requests, not only for your own sakes, but for mine most of all because I have problems enough and really can't type.

Thank you for your consideration,

hagen

hagen, :rotfl:

I agree totally! I have not applied and will not for the reasons above and also...PixieBella does not like the dress code!! AND...who wants to helpful? I just want to have fun!!

I totally agree, especially with Point Tree.

If someone is foolish enough to even think about applying for the thankless "position", they should be more considerate about generating untypable names (ahh, that word felt good).

A requirement for the so-called "CL_" position should include a screen name that is easily abbreviated into something cool. For example, who in the world would want to or be able to type CL_FlyThenFall?!? It took me 3 tries just now to get that right. So, thankfully, he can just be Fly -- this is acceptable.

So, without further ado, I would like to nominate hagen as the next Community Leader. Not as CL_Hagen.

He will henceforth be known only as Hag.

DOWN WITH COMMUNITY LEADERS! Boo! Boo!

hagen said:
3 (Oh, how I miss the old derivative, tree) The letters "C" and "L" are 5 (hive, in VMKspeak) keys to the right and 1 (there it is again) key up from each other. For all practical purposes, they are on the other side of the world on my keyboard, and keeping in mind that we cannot have a typo when entering a fellow player's name (why can't we say "name" for gosh sakes?), adding a "C" and an "L" and then the added endangerment of the underscore, which is near the top right of the keyboard (which, by the way, cannot be said in its standard compound word form) and requires the additional use of the Shift key (as do the prefacing "C" and "L") which spikes the chances of a person's title going from a dicey proposition to get it right the first time when trying to hurry up and get in on the conversation –*particularly when some schmuck behind a popcorn cart is yammering on and on about who knows what –*to being a herculean task of manual dexterity overload and tricky navigation of what used to be a user-friendly user name (which, just to remind you, comes up as "###" when thoughtlessly entered into the VMK interface {which I think is a "legal" word, although I don't believe "legal is"}).

Hagen! So nice to see you! Where have you been? You have been missed greatly. I do have to say though that after reading that post, I need advil. LOL Hope to see you today in Central Plaza.

Hagen i am right there with you i think i am (or was) being to bad to even be a CL. I have never recieved an e-mail from VMK. I think they are getting a big file together for me so one day i try and sign on and it says sorry you have been banned. being a CL does not mean anything for me besides standing out in a crowd more than i do now. I have applied in the past and always siad i have not spend enough time in the kingdom. But than i think and i answer most if not all the questions i can already and even the VMK does not have answers to. that is what i call sad. when the players of the game can answer the question directed to VMK staff but staff has no idea what you are talking about.

ok that is enough for now i really should start working since i did get here over an hour and a half ago.

SorcMickey said:
Hagen i am right there with you i think i am (or was) being to bad to even be a CL. I have never recieved an e-mail from VMK. I think they are getting a big file together for me so one day i try and sign on and it says sorry you have been banned. being a CL does not mean anything for me besides standing out in a crowd more than i do now. I have applied in the past and always siad i have not spend enough time in the kingdom. But than i think and i answer most if not all the questions i can already and even the VMK does not have answers to. that is what i call sad. when the players of the game can answer the question directed to VMK staff but staff has no idea what you are talking about.

ok that is enough for now i really should start working since i did get here over an hour and a half ago.

yes but it is 4 minutes later, and you are still on! Who needs work, quit!

Tinkerbelle739 said:
yes but it is 4 minutes later, and you are still on! Who needs work, quit!

Do you like to follow me around the boards? yes i am still on and will be on all day.

Oh wait i am not supposed to have internet access at work. oh well that is what they get for hiring a person that knows more about computers than they do.

I have to be serious and yell at people over here...don't want to do it over there too :)

I don't know why they don't allow you to keep your original name in addition to the CL_ name when you become a community leader

Oh look at that, I was mentioned as being a community leader...that's a huge step up from another list of community leaders I was left out of! :p

Anyways Alex brought up an interesting point about this entire Community Leader stuff...why don't we keep our normal names? I mean there's lots of Community Leaders that I just about want to throw up onto my keyboard when I have to write "CL_" beforetheir titles. If anything they should have kept our old titles in the database so you wouldn't have to write that typo causing prefix.

So now we're left with calling CL_Bezoar, "Be" or as I will start doing (with his permission) "Big Ugly Green Boy." Luckily the first part of my screen name is another way to tell people they're cool...:p

FlyThenFall said:
Oh look at that, I was mentioned as being a community leader...that's a huge step up from another list of community leaders I was left out of! :p

Anyways Alex brought up an interesting point about this entire Community Leader stuff...why don't we keep our normal names? I mean there's lots of Community Leaders that I just about want to throw up onto my keyboard when I have to write "CL_" beforetheir titles. If anything they should have kept our old titles in the database so you wouldn't have to write that typo causing prefix.

So now we're left with calling CL_Bezoar, "Be" or as I will start doing (with his permission) "Big Ugly Green Boy." Luckily the first part of my screen name is another way to tell people they're cool...:p

Hooray! mentioning! :) I sort of wish I could be on that list but until they get my birthday problem (oops your birthday doesn't match what we have!) and VMK stops sending me emails that say "come visit our faq about usernames and passwords and how to retrieve them, thanks!" in response to my letters to the black "whole" I am stuck. ;)

Oh well.

by the way. YES! Be! :) big ugly green boy LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter