Come what May- We are going to Disney World! (May22,nd- May,29th, 2010).

So to finish off our Animal Kingdom topic I will post the pictures from our last trip .

OgAAAJ-KaVIn0vpzOza7ndT9wROQdy4ICec10GV-UUqtwOumlXChwoYYRY2fEmEZvNT7w5YPPZqYyfWJyJv-rAL2foYAm1T1UHAxlB1zZGUEzOsNpo77RVi75Z1H.jpg

We visited AK on Feb. 1st 2009 which happened to be the day of the Super Bowl. ;) The park closed at 5pm so we headed straight to downtown Disney where my husband watched the game at Planet Hollywood while I walked around.

We were talking about our last year's trip to AK this morning over breakfast since today is Superbowl Sunday 2010. popcorn::

OgAAAGj_ElqjRpRCx8cat5gaNMsBnAphwnQ6ZBDLhHRxWxylg43l9-IUs4qFJu2tNn2eZ3UXmI1JlW3GhCk0o-tT6EsAm1T1UC10rAqORwQ_DPhkwp1rKlgPPDM0.jpg

So we did not get to see everything we wanted last time because the daughter of our friends (the ones that actually invited us to join them on their trip) had eaten something that did not agree with her and she threw up three different times while we were at the park. :(

So between all the trips to the restroom, change of clothes and discussing if we should just get back to the hotel, there are some attractions that ended up being left out ( like Nemo, for example).

But I think we did manage to see all the other main ones. We did Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, It's tough to be a bug, K. Safari and Festival of the Lion King. We had lunch at Pizzafari and we also saw the parade and did some shopping. It was at AK that I got my Crocs. :thumbsup2

OgAAAIYUH1Pg-mfdcaEMDWKdFMmRCvYE-catmqzuEgXeD9symW64xiT8P6XKfGM2mI6YCmgzmimfFc6fIvPHs2Xxs34Am1T1UBHaa2rk5Cc1ijjGH9Sz9tWu2zop.jpg

OgAAAE8l1AXT8Qg3wi5OtFXgggLXij50WbxnVvMt36oX1Le6OHPpNpZEhDmZpcc893LI_O2MLmnviUCoJLHre6nm6LYAm1T1ULuUd8mYImBeyqztAqIcjiEMaJL2.jpg

OgAAAMz3dMIFRrnLOBHy5IWpyI1bsh7geqb5VBzhMertREAQci1Fcg9HXZfilC_kINEHF8wZRmrjRcBiDqouvyql1sEAm1T1UB5yuT403dkuv2Qs-f4PSB0KXxnC.jpg

OgAAAFRVZimWunwqzy0hKglpWGIisSO77mTmVfBdCWsVLWf_NiyzEwF2E1hrUhpr0_cUDhFa4a08yEzveowsH6URwGoAm1T1UHvufsgkgH4hrrjdqzqvjUWn3nrt.jpg

PAAAAAOICLMJKEFG.jpg

I cannot wait to go back in May. Is it crazy that I am already picking up the outfits we are going to where every day and I am even kindda obsessing about them? Please tell me I am not the only one. :rolleyes1

i cannot wait to go back in may. Is it crazy that i am already picking up the outfits we are going to where every day and i am even kindda obsessing about them? Please tell me i am not the only one. :rolleyes1

you are not the only one........:)

Great updates!! You are not the only one planning outfits!!

I started a group PTR for all of us going in May-link is in my siggy "MAYhem with the Mouse" please join in!!

OgAAAIYUH1Pg-mfdcaEMDWKdFMmRCvYE-catmqzuEgXeD9symW64xiT8P6XKfGM2mI6YCmgzmimfFc6fIvPHs2Xxs34Am1T1UBHaa2rk5Cc1ijjGH9Sz9tWu2zop.jpg

OgAAAE8l1AXT8Qg3wi5OtFXgggLXij50WbxnVvMt36oX1Le6OHPpNpZEhDmZpcc893LI_O2MLmnviUCoJLHre6nm6LYAm1T1ULuUd8mYImBeyqztAqIcjiEMaJL2.jpg

OgAAAMz3dMIFRrnLOBHy5IWpyI1bsh7geqb5VBzhMertREAQci1Fcg9HXZfilC_kINEHF8wZRmrjRcBiDqouvyql1sEAm1T1UB5yuT403dkuv2Qs-f4PSB0KXxnC.jpg

OgAAAFRVZimWunwqzy0hKglpWGIisSO77mTmVfBdCWsVLWf_NiyzEwF2E1hrUhpr0_cUDhFa4a08yEzveowsH6URwGoAm1T1UHvufsgkgH4hrrjdqzqvjUWn3nrt.jpg

PAAAAAOICLMJKEFG.jpg

I cannot wait to go back in May. Is it crazy that I am already picking up the outfits we are going to where every day and I am even kindda obsessing about them? Please tell me I am not the only one. :rolleyes1

You are definitely not the only one. :rolleyes1

Your DD is so adorable! Love the AK pics from last year! I love those Crocs. I have the regular Cayman style ones, but I really want the Mary Jane's. I can just never find them in my size. :headache:

:woohoo: 100 Days :woohoo:

You are not the only one. I want to get my suitcases out, but I know I will be made fun of, so for now they are still stored away, calling my name :lmao:

I think your Epcot and AK plans look great! We had an AK day that was very similar to that last fall and we finished up around 3 pm. (I think) We didn't go to the Affection Section, but we did ride Kali and Dinosaur, and we rode EE multiple times.

I know that visiting the Affection Section seems to be a pain because of the long train ride and everything but I really want to try it. Since we live in the city and have no pets at home I think it will be a great experience for my daughter. :cutie:

Finnishing at around 3 pm would be great. I would love to be able to go back to the hotel right after the parade. I really wanted to relax, enjoy our hotel room and refresh before our supper at Boma. :goodvibes

Hi Q! We never have trouble doing what we want to accomplish in AK. We do our number 1 and 2 just the opposite of what you've written. We usually do the safari first but I send Joe over to EE to get fastpasses while the girls and I are heading over to the safari. By the time we get to the safari he isn't far behind us. We do the safari together then head over to EE. We usually have both done pretty quickly. The rest of the day we do Nemo, FOTLK, ITTBAB, etc. Historically, during this week the other attractions don't usually have a lot of wait times. Luckily we went to AK on the first day of our trip last year and we didn't have the rain Becky did. It was the only park we did without downpours. I'm hoping the weather is similar to 2008 & before. I have sunny days in mind also!

Your AK itinerary sounds great also. We are visiting AK at a day with a morning EMH and the plan is to get there early to do the big rides as soon as possible. I just don`t think they give FP`s during EMH, do they? :confused3 Hopefully it won`t be too crowded (I saw somewhere that it is supposed to be a moderate plus week for the crowds) and we are able to accomplish everything without getting agravated. :crowded:

As for the rain I am willing to start learning a "no rain dance" if anybody knows any. :laughing:

hi there!! haven't read your entire PTR yet but i'm joining the party!! can't wait to read the rest!!

*keala*

Hi Keala! And :welcome: to my PTR! I have always wondered where in the world would someone that lives in Hawai want to go for vacation. Now I know: it`s DisneyWorld! :rotfl2:

you are not the only one........:)
Thsnk you. That made me feel much better.

Great updates!! You are not the only one planning outfits!!

I started a group PTR for all of us going in May-link is in my siggy "MAYhem with the Mouse" please join in!!

Thank you. What a great idea about the group PTR. It turned out to be a very active thread. I love reading it.

You are definitely not the only one. :rolleyes1

Your DD is so adorable! Love the AK pics from last year! I love those Crocs. I have the regular Cayman style ones, but I really want the Mary Jane's. I can just never find them in my size. :headache:

I wear my Crocs all the time in the Summer AND they are difinitely going back "home" in May. ;)

You are not the only one. I want to get my suitcases out, but I know I will be made fun of, so for now they are still stored away, calling my name :lmao:

Hi Dana :wave2:
Do not tell anyone but my suitcases are already out... :rolleyes:
I know. I need help. :sad2:

Q

I'm not sure on the fastpasses during EMH, never had to have one during EMH so I've never looked. :confused3 We've gone the week before Memorial Day 4 times now and it is definitely manageable-wherever you saw that it was moderate plus is accurate. That week is good for us because most schools are still in session and the weather is nice.:cool1: The week of Memorial Day though is ..:scared1: We did that in 2006...Yikes! I use touringplans.com to decide what parks we're going to visit on which days for the most part. They are predicting about the same.

We love Affection Section, it's wonderful for small children. The train ride is a nice break on a long hot day. :goodvibes

Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Sorry I have been neglecting my journal. Busy, busy, busy. Ever since we came back from Brazil (which is like a month ago) we have been spending our weekends trying to catch up with friends and projects that have been in the back burner for a while but.... the Disney planning moves forward in full force! :cool1:

This week I had to go to the Dollar store to grab some stuff for work and I ended up getting a yellow Winnie the Pooh child rain poncho for Beatriz. It looks really cute and it only coasted $1.50. I am hoping we won't have to use it but we are prepared if it does rain.

I also got some glow sticks to use at the parks ar night. Does anybody know if we are allowed to bring our own? I do not see a problem with that but... you never know. :confused3

And also at a recent trip to WalMart Beatriz got a couple of Disney T-shirts to get her in the mood. We keep telling her she is going to Disney but I am not sure she fully understands.

Anyways, gotta go now.
Have a great weekend everyone!

PS. THREE MOTHS TO GO! :banana:

Sorry I have been neglecting my journal. Busy, busy, busy. Ever since we came back from Brazil (which is like a month ago) we have been spending our weekends trying to catch up with friends and projects that have been in the back burner for a while but.... the Disney planning moves forward in full force! :cool1:

This week I had to go to the Dollar store to grab some stuff for work and I ended up getting a yellow Winnie the Pooh child rain poncho for Beatriz. It looks really cute and it only coasted $1.50. I am hoping we won't have to use it but we are prepared if it does rain.

I also got some glow sticks to use at the parks ar night. Does anybody know if we are allowed to bring our own? I do not see a problem with that but... you never know. :confused3

And also at a recent trip to WalMart Beatriz got a couple of Disney T-shirts to get her in the mood. We keep telling her she is going to Disney but I am not sure she fully understands.

Anyways, gotta go now.
Have a great weekend everyone!

PS. THREE MOTHS TO GO! :banana:

Yay for Disney purchases! :woohoo: We brought our own glow sticks last year, so it shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter