CM Celebrity Encounters

MarinaAndCharlie

Photopass Photographer Spring 2010!
I've heard a few stories of CM's or CP's meeting celebrities while working at Disney. Any stories to tell? popcorn::

I Christina aguilera rode Spaceship Earth while I was working. She didnt say much just rode and left but it was cool that she made a point to ride the ride. We also had a couple people from the disney channel ride although I cant remember who.

I Christina aguilera rode Spaceship Earth while I was working. She didnt say much just rode and left but it was cool that she made a point to ride the ride. We also had a couple people from the disney channel ride although I cant remember who.

That's very neat! Was she with friends and family or doing a publicized appearance. Do you know?

I wonder if youre allowed to run to your break room and get a camera if a celebrity is hanging out and taking pictures and autographs?

Honestly part of the reason I asked to work at RNR is that February is its 10 year anniversary and im hoping to meet steven tyler. I've met him a few times before and he is just awesome, I know meeting him and his own ride would be even better.

That's very neat! Was she with friends and family or doing a publicized appearance. Do you know?

I wonder if youre allowed to run to your break room and get a camera if a celebrity is hanging out and taking pictures and autographs?

Cast members are not allowed to take pictures or ask for autographs to celebrities. During my traditions class they were very clear: treat them as you would treat any guest, and don't react in a weird way. You can actually get terminated for doing it!

I met Jessie Ventura at the Palm golf course. He was filming for Pirates 2 and 3 I believe. He was AWESOME to talk to. He's a very personable and down to earth guy and he knows what politics are all about and HATES the way things are. I had a great convo with him.

I've also seen, but didn't actually say anything to Hulk hogan(sp?) He was coming out of 8-trax and I was the door host. He was A) very drunk and B) very huge! LOL:lmao:

Cast members are not allowed to take pictures or ask for autographs to celebrities. During my traditions class they were very clear: treat them as you would treat any guest, and don't react in a weird way. You can actually get terminated for doing it!

Wow! That's very good to know! Oh well, at least you'll have your memories. haha.

Anyone else have any cool encounters?

I think you're more likely to encounter people doing operations because the rides are what people go there for mostly. My friends doing attractions saw quite a few... Usher, Celine Dion, Matchbox 20, Mariah Carey, John Travolta to name a few.

I was in merchandise and Paris Hilton came into the Art of Disney in Epcot with her boyfriend. She asked for one of our business cards haha. I worked at three different stores and didn't hear of anyone else.

I saw Ashley Tisdale by chance just as a guest in Hollywood Studios. I didn't talk to her though... just passed her. DisneY Channel people are there quite a lot.

I wasn't working there, but last time I was there I saw Ashlee Simpson and her boyfriend/husband at MouseWorks!

I have met:
*Steve Young (former quarterback)
*Jorge Posada (NY Yankees)
*Rasheed Wallace (Pistons- he was TALL)
*Just this summer, I got to take a picture for Mandy Moore. She had stopped to see Handy Manny.

Christina Aguilera was not friendly at all. She came in the back entrance and we had to hold the ride for awhile so no one was sitting in the cars near her. She rode with her boyguard and she had a hat on so it was hard to tell it was her. There were a ton of disney people around though.

I missed the day David and Victoria Beckham were in Epcot. We all joked because the cps always get stuck doing rope drop especially at SSE since we set it up and the one day we dont go we miss the beckhams

I have met:
*Steve Young (former quarterback)
*Jorge Posada (NY Yankees)
*Rasheed Wallace (Pistons- he was TALL)
*Just this summer, I got to take a picture for Mandy Moore. She had stopped to see Handy Manny.

Jorge Posada! That's awesome - I'm a big Yankee fan

I've met Kobe Bryant and Robin Williams. Also, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were staying at my resort. SO COOL!

no kidding! I checked in Ace Young from american idol season 5 to my hotel i work at here in MN and thought that was the coolest thing ever ( i loved him back then)...

i think i would die if in walked johnny depp and orlando bloom. only like 2 of my favorite actors EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER.

very awesome lol.

I was a lifeguard at the Grand Floridian in the Spring of 2007 and saw a couple at the pool

Tiki Barber
Daryl "Moose" Johnston
the blonde stoner guy from the beginning scene in Supertroopers... hes already pulled over, he cant pull over any further lol... he had his wife and kids there with him and its hard to think of that guy with kids haha

I've met Kobe Bryant and Robin Williams. Also, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom were staying at my resort. SO COOL!

How was Robin Williams? He's always been on my list of celebrities who I'd want to hang out with. haha.

Dude, if Johnny and Orlando showed up when I was working, I just might have fainted. hahah.:love:

How was Robin Williams? He's always been on my list of celebrities who I'd want to hang out with. haha.

Dude, if Johnny and Orlando showed up when I was working, I just might have fainted. hahah.:love:

Robin Williams was really sweet. He wondered why no one was asking for his autograph and when they told him that we weren't allowed to, he set up a table in the tunnels and signed pics for people. Such a cool guy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter