Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/21/23
Offer accepted: 6/23/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/26/23
Passed ROFR: 7/18/23
Closing docs received: 7/20/23
Closing docs returned(buyer): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing docs returned (seller): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing: 7/21/23
Deed recorded: 7/21/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/31/23
Points in account:
41 days, from offer to contract showing on account.

My deed was recorded and emailed to DVC on 7/27. I am trying to use points soon so hopefully they get to it before they pause soon.

Final update:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 6/14/23
Offer accepted: 6/14/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/16/23
Passed ROFR: 6/30/23
Closing docs received: 7/5/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 7/6/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 7/12/23
Closing: 7/13/23
Deed recorded: 7/14/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/28/23
Points in account: 7/31/23 (via chat)

Days Total: 45 days total

My deed was recorded and emailed to DVC on 7/27. I am trying to use points soon so hopefully they get to it before they pause soon.
On a similar timeline and really want it to go through before they pause. My only hope is that the slow ROFR rate in July means they don't have a big stack to enter today.

Regular reminder….all brokers’ website links need to be posted or posts end up deleted. You can use a name for the title company since some of those do not have websites.

For those new, if you do not have enough posts, you will not be able to add a link until you do. In that case, please just leave blank.

Update:
International Seller
Home Resort: Aulani
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made:5/3/2023
Offer accepted: 5/3/2023
Sent to ROFR: 5/9/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/31/2023
Closing docs received:6/09/23 (Buyer)
Closing docs returned: 6/09/23 (Buyer)
Closing: 7/26/2023
Deed recorded: 7/27/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (New Member)
Points in account:

total time 85 days so far.

Update:
International Seller
Home Resort: Aulani
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made:5/3/2023
Offer accepted: 5/3/2023
Sent to ROFR: 5/9/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/31/2023
Closing docs received:6/09/23 (Buyer)
Closing docs returned: 6/09/23 (Buyer)
Closing: 7/26/2023
Deed recorded: 7/27/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (New Member)
Points in account:

total time 85 days so far.
Did you encounter a delay with the International seller??

Did you encounter a delay with the International seller??
Yes but this might just be for Aulani contracts. Hawaii required everything to be notarized. The title company said that most international contracts can take 30+ Days to close. The seller had to get the Deed notarized at the US embassy and they only take appointments there.

I know I read it somewhere and I also know it's this week sometime, but can you refresh my memory on the exact dates and duration (10 days I think I remember)?

Thanks

Aug 1st-10th is the date that was posted.
Thanks, much appreciated. Interesting that we didn't get an email from DVC, and there's nothing on the web site indicating the down time (they have, in the past, sent out notice when they would be down for software upgrades, training, etc.).

Thanks, much appreciated. Interesting that we didn't get an email from DVC, and there's nothing on the web site indicating the down time (they have, in the past, sent out notice when they would be down for software upgrades, training, etc.).
Extra interesting as the DVC chat CM just told me there are no plans for any group within DVC/DVD to shut down at all this week or any in the near future.

Here is the post I made about the pause.
My agent also noted that they had received information from DVC that there would be a "pause in closings" after 8/1. I never reached back out to ask if there was more detail. Just assumed it was the same as what you shared. I don't think we know exactly what it means for people who are in the time between closing and having contracts added...or really what it means for anyone at any point in the process of buying.

My agent said they'll be closing my file this week, but the pause means points aren't getting transferred from the seller's account to the buyer's during that time. I really wish they hadn't been so slow so we could've possibly had this taken care of before the pause.

My agent said they'll be closing my file this week, but the pause means points aren't getting transferred from the seller's account to the buyer's during that time. I really wish they hadn't been so slow so we could've possibly had this taken care of before the pause.
Same here. I feel like this has been dragging on forever. This will be my first contract and I don't know if I will ever go through this again. ( I say that now lol)

Home resort: okw
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title company: magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 5/24/23
Offer accepted: 5/24/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/26/23
Passed ROFR: 6/16/23
Closing docs rcvd: 7/12/23
Closing docs returned: buyer 7/13/23 seller 7/18/23
Closing: 7/20/23
Deed recorded: 7/24/23
Contract showing new member: 7/30/23
Points in account:
Days so far: 65

Almost there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter