Closing Time!

We are closing with Mason also ( as buyer) and have not been asked to notarize anything...
Just signed with DocuSign. I would double check with the Mason rep
I did reach out to ask about the different process!

It has to do with how I'm holding title and apparently the previous closer (Cammy) missed some information. Mason is looking to see how to correct it now, a year after the fact, but I'm curious if it will result in a new membership in the interim. :rolleyes2

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, seeing that after my last deed was recorded, I did also get an unexpected letter from the county asking me to fill out some missing/incomplete paperwork. (It was properly included in my buyers documents this go around.)

Thankful that Marcelo is very thorough. I'll be specifically requesting his help for my future resale purchases.

UPDATE: I went back over my previous documents and saw that the missing/incomplete paperwork was provided but not completely filled out. Since it was done via DocuSign, I'm not sure if I would have been able to modify the missing fields. Hoping my paper-and-ink version goes more smoothly this time!

Last edited:
I did reach out to ask about the different process!

It has to do with how I'm holding title and apparently the previous closer (Cammy) missed some information. Mason is looking to see how to correct it now, a year after the fact, but I'm curious if it will result in a new membership in the interim. :rolleyes2

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, seeing that after my last deed was recorded, I did also get an unexpected letter from the county asking me to fill out some missing paperwork. (It was properly included in my buyers documents this go around.)

Thankful that Marcelo is very thorough. I'll be specifically requesting his help for my future resale purchases.
Glad you are having a good experience with Marcelo, too. He has been really great with making things move quickly with my closing process to ease the frustration of all the delays that have happened (long ROFR and now issues with notarizing the docs on the seller's end).

Now closed! Assuming Disney won't get to my file until after they pause at the beginning of August. Luckily bankable points were banked ahead of signing our contract. I mostly just want to upgrade my Dec stay from a studio to a 1-BR when my points load.

Home Resort: Copper Creek Villas
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 5/14/23
Offer accepted: 5/14/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/16/23 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 7/14/23 (61 days)
Closing docs received: 7/14/23 (61 days)
Closing docs returned (Buyer): 7/14/23 (Wire sent 7/14/23)
Closing docs returned (Seller): 7/24/23
Closing: 7/25/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Ahhh I wish we didn’t get stuck with the title company we were given, I feel like we’re waiting forever for our closing docs and it’s not even been a week yet! It’s on me for not doing my research properly though 😭

Home Resort: Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge)
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/ (Marcelo)
Offer made: 4/22/23
Offer accepted: 4/22/23 (same day)
Sent to ROFR: 4/26/23 (4 days)
Passed ROFR: 5/16/23 (24 days)
Closing docs received: 6/8/23 (47 days - this was a planned delayed closing)
Closing docs returned: 6/8/23 (47 days)
Closing: 7/10/23 (79 days) (again, per planned delayed closing)
Deed recorded: 7/11/23 (80 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

So far, so good! This contract had a planned delayed closing as the seller's used some points for a trip. We got lucky with our sellers, broker and title company/closer. No fuss and all involved were incredibly responsive. Now just waiting on DVC.
(note, edited the dates to correct the month)

Ahhh I wish we didn’t get stuck with the title company we were given, I feel like we’re waiting forever for our closing docs and it’s not even been a week yet! It’s on me for not doing my research properly though 😭
I just got my closing docs Thursday, finally found a notary and had it sent back today. We waited over 30 days for the documents and I didn't realize that was long until I saw how short it was for everyone else.

What is the pause in August?
Someone posted a note from a resale company here. I asked my agent about it and she said they had heard about downtime on the DVC end for those dates but were still figuring out what all would be impacted. Maybe others know more.

Someone posted a note from a resale company here. I asked my agent about it and she said they had heard about downtime on the DVC end for those dates but were still figuring out what all would be impacted. Maybe others know more.
Thank you! I thought I had read something but couldn't find it. No longer hoping for our points before our end of August trip, so at least I'm out of limbo there.

Is anyone that closed around July 13th getting their membership number yet? Our contract has points to be used by Nov 30th so I'm hoping we get them soon before rooms are completely booked.

Enjoying this part where things move pretty quickly! Deed is now recorded. Both title company and resale company have done what they can to get things back to Disney ASAP. Will try to wait a few days before checking my account for the contract multiple times a day.

Home Resort: Copper Creek Villas
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 5/14/23
Offer accepted: 5/14/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/16/23 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 7/14/23 (61 days)
Closing docs received: 7/14/23 (61 days)
Closing docs returned (Buyer): 7/14/23 (Wire sent 7/14/23) (61 days)
Closing docs returned (Seller): 7/24/23 (71 days)
Closing: 7/25/23 (72 days)
Deed recorded: 7/26/23 (73 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Is anyone that closed around July 13th getting their membership number yet? Our contract has points to be used by Nov 30th so I'm hoping we get them soon before rooms are completely booked.
Our deed recorded 7/12 - contract is not showing on my membership yet.

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa (SSR)
Broker: https://www.****************.com
Title Company: DVC Title & Closing https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/30/23
Offer accepted: 7/1/23
Sent to ROFR: 7/3/23
Passed ROFR: 7/20/23
Closing docs received: 7/21/23
Closing docs returned (Buyer): 7/21/23 (Wire sent 7/24/23)
Closing docs returned (Seller): 7/21/23
Closing: 7/26/23
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Just had our closing. We are very excited for our first points!
This thread has been very useful for seeing how long these steps take so we wanted to return the favor by posting our progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter