Closing docs returned (buyer):
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 25

Off we go again.

I have a contract that Mason said was scheduled to close on Fri 7/28. I emailed them Tuesday for an update as I hadn't received anything from them and was told it had to wait until Disney re-opened transfers in 2 weeks. Is it true that I have to wait for Disney for the closing/deed recording? I figured I'd have to wait a bit after the deed was recorded for Disney to resume again, but this just didn't make sense to me (but I'm still new to all of this)!
We are also waiting to close and heard the same thing from Mason this week. They told us “we are scheduled to close on 8/14 which is when Disney resumes closings.” ☹️
Our's is also sitting with Mason until next week. I'm glad this means that the sellers have returned their closing documents, at least. Hoping we still see that fast turnaround for contracts to show on membership afterwards. 🤞🏻

Our's is also sitting with Mason until next week. I'm glad this means that the sellers have returned their closing documents, at least. Hoping we still see that fast turnaround for contracts to show on membership afterwards. 🤞🏻
I'm confused! What does Disney being closed have to do with a closing? We are waiting closing with Mason as well.

I'm confused! What does Disney being closed have to do with a closing? We are waiting closing with Mason as well.
It shouldn’t. Unless Disney has reached out to the title companies and said “hey, since we aren’t processing transfers, don’t send any over because they’re just going to pile up”, but that doesn’t preclude the title company from processing the closing and getting it recorded. None of that has anything to do with Disney.

It shouldn’t. Unless Disney has reached out the title companies and said “hey, since we aren’t processing transfers, don’t send any over because they’re just going to pile up” but that doesn’t preclude the title company from processing the closing and getting it recorded. None of that has anything to do with Disney.

Pretty sure this is why. When they were closed in 2021, same thing happened with Mason. They said they would not close it until it could be forwarded to MA.

Final Update

Home Resort: Copper Creek Villas and Cabins
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 2/1/2023 (1 day)
Sent to ROFR: 2/7/2023 (7 days)
Passed ROFR: 2/22/2023 (22 days)
Closing docs received: 6/6/2023 (delayed closing) (126 days)
Closing docs returned: Buyer 6/9/2023 (129 days)
Closing: 6/27/2023 (147 days)
Deed recorded: 7/5/2023 (155 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (Existing Member): 7/23/2023 (173 days)
Points in account: 8/7/2023 (188 days)

I did wait for Disney to load the points instead of calling.

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower Villas
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 6/13/23
Offer accepted: 6/13/23
Sent to ROFR:
Passed ROFR: 7/7/23
Closing docs received: 7/14/23
Closing docs returned (Buyer): 7/18/23
Closing docs returned (Seller): 7/24/23
Closing: 7/25/23
Deed recorded: 7/25/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/3/23
Points in account: 8/7/23 (55 days?)

I did chat with MS and they loaded the points while I waited (I needed to make a reservation)

I wasn't expecting any of this to happen since everyone talked about the closure - but it did!

Magic Vacation Title has this notice currently, “NOTICE: Please note that while Disney will not be able to provide Final Payoffs from August 7-10, *** does not anticipate this impacting our ability to close files. This will cause minimal, if any, impact to our services. Thank you.”
It shouldn’t. Unless Disney has reached out to the title companies and said “hey, since we aren’t processing transfers, don’t send any over because they’re just going to pile up”, but that doesn’t preclude the title company from processing the closing and getting it recorded. None of that has anything to do with Disney.
I was confused too - but based on @RnP ’s post maybe they need final payoff numbers from DVC for sellers who still owe $ & who financed through DVC before they can file deeds on those contracts? Maybe for other sellers they need to verify w/ DVC that all current year’s MFs are paid before they close?

I was confused too - but based on @RnP ’s post maybe they need final payoff numbers from DVC for sellers who still owe $ & who financed through DVC before they can file deeds on those contracts? Maybe for other sellers they need to verify w/ DVC that all current year’s MFs are paid before they close?
But that post says August 7-10. That’s starting today. Any paperwork Mason is holding on to from last week wouldn’t be affected. I got closing docs today on a contract that cleared ROFR Friday. The Mason contract upthread is dated 7/28.

But that post says August 7-10. That’s starting today. Any paperwork Mason is holding on to from last week wouldn’t be affected. I got closing docs today on a contract that cleared ROFR Friday. The Mason contract upthread is dated 7/28.
🤷‍♀️ In that case I have no idea, it seems bizarre to me that DVC would shut down that part of their business for several days, partial or whole day shut down for IT stuff sure - but several days???

I've emailed the agent at Mason twice in the past week asking why they aren't processing the closing that was scheduled for 7/28 with 0 response.

I am waiting for our buyers to send back closing docs seeing our closing is set for aug 17th, and we got closing docs on july 17th... I love how we didnt get any info from magic vacation title on this, I read it on here! Clock is a ticking....

I am waiting for our buyers to send back closing docs seeing our closing is set for aug 17th, and we got closing docs on july 17th... I love how we didnt get any info from magic vacation title on this, I read it on here! Clock is a ticking....
I’ve been following your saga, hoping your buyers don’t flake & that you can finally get it closed.

Pretty sure this is why. When they were closed in 2021, same thing happened with Mason. They said they would not close it until it could be forwarded to MA.
I just heard back from Mason and they are pushing my closing to 8/16 due to Disney. It makes zero sense. I won't be using Mason next time.

Updating with when I questioned that, the agent said they need documents from Disney which is why they can't proceed with closings.

Update #4

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: https://resales.*******.com/
Title Company: Hayes
Offer made: 7/14
Offer accepted: 7/15
Sent to ROFR: 7/17
Passed ROFR: 8/4
Closing docs received (buyer): 8/7
Closing docs returned (buyer): 8/8
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total: 26

They didn't tell us either. I saw it here and asked about it after we received our closing docs. I guess their view was we aren't supposed to get anything from Disney for multiple weeks anyway, so why bother saying anything 🙄 I don't understand not just saying hey, this is happening and might cause a slight delay.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: DVC Title & Escrow
Offer made: 7/16
Offer accepted: 7/16
Sent to ROFR: 7/17
Passed ROFR: 8/4
Closing docs received (buyer): 8/7
Closing docs returned (buyer): 8/7
Closing docs returned (seller): 8/8
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total: 25 ( so far)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter