Closing Time!

So, we're impatiently waiting on the seller to return their closing documents. Final day is 7/28. I looked up the sellers name on the OCC website and according to that, they do not own TS: Disney, however they do own with another vacation club. Is this something to worry about? Like is it a legit sale?

The title company oversees this and Why you pay for title insurance, My guess is it is fine but If you have concerns reach out to them to ask them specifically.

Hopping for some help/info?? I have a resale contract, closed 6/30, deed was recorded July 3- but it has 84 points expiring July 31st. I knew going in, it’s a long shot! But thanks to everyone here I have been seeing hope of getting at least membership ID in time. BUT I called today MS to see- they couldn’t find me at all, and said they are “still waiting from whomever I purchased see it from to send it in” . They said the realtor needs to send info in- is this true? I thought once filed with reg of deeds then it’s all over & Disney has everything . I’m thinking of calling back in few days to see if the same story- but running out of time - anyone ever hear of after deed being recorded Disney is waiting for something from seller/realtor/title co??

So, we're impatiently waiting on the seller to return their closing documents. Final day is 7/28. I looked up the sellers name on the OCC website and according to that, they do not own TS: Disney, however they do own with another vacation club. Is this something to worry about? Like is it a legit sale?
I would call the title company and ask for an explanation. If they don't actually own it, then the title company should refund your deposit and call it a day.

Hopping for some help/info?? I have a resale contract, closed 6/30, deed was recorded July 3- but it has 84 points expiring July 31st. I knew going in, it’s a long shot! But thanks to everyone here I have been seeing hope of getting at least membership ID in time. BUT I called today MS to see- they couldn’t find me at all, and said they are “still waiting from whomever I purchased see it from to send it in” . They said the realtor needs to send info in- is this true? I thought once filed with reg of deeds then it’s all over & Disney has everything . I’m thinking of calling back in few days to see if the same story- but running out of time - anyone ever hear of after deed being recorded Disney is waiting for something from seller/realtor/title co??
Make sure and put the time in the proper column. (2 errors)

You may want to try emailing members@disneyvacationclub.com

My deed was recorded 6/29 and I’m still waiting for it to be added to my membership. I also called member services, and they were able to locate my contract but said they didn’t receive it until 7/11 and it’ll be 2-4 weeks from then for it to show. I expected to have it around Monday based on everyone else so I’m trying to be patient but I’m getting more impatient everyday as I refresh my account obsessively 😭

Update #2:

Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/21/23
Offer accepted: 6/23/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/26/23
Passed ROFR: 7/18/23
Closing docs received: 7/20/23
Closing docs returned(buyer): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing docs returned (seller): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:
30 days and counting.

It would be tough to clear ROFR and have an estoppel certificate issued if the contract wasn't legit. If the listing and escrow agents are legit, then there shouldn't be any issue.

You need to talk to Membership Administration. MS can’t see it until it’s been created. Call back and choose the prompts regarding MA. They can let you know if they do have it or not.

They said the realtor needs to send info in- is this true? I thought once filed with reg of deeds then it’s all over & Disney has everything . I’m thinking of calling back in few days to see if the same story- but running out of time - anyone ever hear of after deed being recorded Disney is waiting for something from seller/realtor/title co??
Yes, that is true. Once the deed is recorded, it needs to be sent to DVC for the contract to be removed from the seller and added to your membership. Disney doesn't know that a sale has closed and a new deed recorded until it is sent to them. The County doesn't send them anything as they aren't a party to the contract.

My deed was recorded 6/29 and I’m still waiting for it to be added to my membership. I also called member services, and they were able to locate my contract but said they didn’t receive it until 7/11 and it’ll be 2-4 weeks from then for it to show. I expected to have it around Monday based on everyone else so I’m trying to be patient but I’m getting more impatient everyday as I refresh my account obsessively 😭
Same! I have been watching everyone’s deed to ID timeline and still holding out hope ! I really want to use those 84 points 🤞🏻

You need to talk to Membership Administration. MS can’t see it until it’s been created. Call back and choose the prompts regarding MA. They can let you know if they do have it or not.
Oh! Thank you.. I’ll have to try that !

Yes, that is true. Once the deed is recorded, it needs to be sent to DVC for the contract to be removed from the seller and added to your membership. Disney doesn't know that a sale has closed and a new deed recorded until it is sent to them. The County doesn't send them anything as they aren't a party to the contract.
I was afraid of that… I did not have good experience with the resale company I used, hopefully they didn’t mess this up for us. Thank you for the info! This is our first DVC contract, so much waiting!

My SSR contract that we closed on 6/30 just showed up in my account! Any luck with yours?
No luck so far. I’ve been checking all day as I thought today would be the day. Congratulations to you though! Maybe tomorrow will be my day. Hopefully!

Yay, mine just showed up too!

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/
Offer made: 4/28/23
Offer accepted: 4/28/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/23
Passed ROFR: 5/23/23
Closing docs received: 6/1/23
Closing docs returned(buyer): 6/7/23 (fedexed required notarized documents for HI overnight with cashiers check)
Closing: 6/30/23
Deed recorded: 6/30/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/20/23
Points in account:

Mine closed on 7/5 so hopefully not too much longer from getting an email from DVC with our new membership!! This waiting game is killin me!!

Question. Our closing date is tomorrow 7/21. I just heard from the title company that they have yet to receive the signed deed from the seller (international) She said they are reaching out to find out more info. what if any are my options? I had our contract signed notorized and sent the same day we got them on 6/9 along with a wire transfer. I’m not a patient person and I’m about to lose it.

Question. Our closing date is tomorrow 7/21. I just heard from the title company that they have yet to receive the signed deed from the seller (international) She said they are reaching out to find out more info. what if any are my options? I had our contract signed notorized and sent the same day we got them on 6/9 along with a wire transfer. I’m not a patient person and I’m about to lose it.
You need to examine your contract to know for sure but if the deal hasn’t closed by the closing date as specified in the contract, then there is recourse available to you. My contract had a closing date of 65 days past the signing date, after that if one side didn’t fulfill their obligation then the other side could back out.

Update #3:

Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/21/23
Offer accepted: 6/23/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/26/23
Passed ROFR: 7/18/23
Closing docs received: 7/20/23
Closing docs returned(buyer): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing docs returned (seller): 7/20/23 (online notary)
Closing: 7/21/23
Deed recorded: 7/21/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:
31 days, from offer to closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter