Closing Time!

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 12/26
Offer accepted: 12/29 (signed 12/29, seller signed 1/6)
Sent to ROFR: 1/10
Passed ROFR: 1/25
Closing docs received: 2/8
Closing docs returned: 2/9 (buyer), 2/23 (seller)
Closing: 2/27
Deed recorded: 2/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/3
Points in account: 3/4 (chatted with MS)

Days Total: 68

This is correct. I just did the closing documents today and the buyer paperwork does not require notary - only the
Home Resort: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/6/2023
Offer accepted: 1/7/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/8/2023
Passed ROFR: 1/25/2023
Closing docs received: 1/27/23
Closing docs returned: 1/30/23 (Buyer), 2/7/23 (Seller)
Closing: 2/8/2022
Deed recorded: 2/9/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 2/16/2023
Points in account: 2/20/2023

Total Days: 45 Days
Ok, this makes me nervous! Different broker and title company, but we passed rofr 1/24, closed 2/10 and have heard nothing from anyone! We are new members as well. Did you get an email from dvc? Thanks.

New member, closed on 2/14, deed recorded same day. I’m seeing many others after this date have received membership email. We have not - our last name is commonly misspelled and it is in my email. Who would I reach out to if we don’t receive next week? I know we aren’t past the given timeline but I don’t see anyone recently waiting even 2 weeks and we are on day 18.
Same boat. We closed on 2/10. Actually says deed recorded on 2/9 somehow. I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s 3/5! I emailed the title company just after the 2 week mark and they said it can take up to 30 days. I’m getting really nervous, and impatient! I’m dying to book our august trip!

Ok, so for brand new members, can someone tell me exactly who the email comes from to set up your acct? Is it DVC?

Ok, so for brand new members, can someone tell me exactly who the email comes from to set up your acct? Is it DVC?

The emails both came from DISNEY VACATION CLUB -

--- First Subject Line: Your Disney Vacation Club Member One-Time Activation Code
--- (second arrived two hours later)
--- Second Subject Line: Welcome Home to Disney Vacation Club

First email had the "activation code", Second email had membership "Club ID #)

The emails include your directions, but basically, you will sign onto www.disneyvacationclub.com and when you go to log in, follow the prompts to sign in and set up new membership. It will likely show you have zero points at startup - in a few days it will show your points and you can Book your reservations!. You can call Membership Services (I'd wait at least 24 hours) to see if they can add them "faster" (they will go check, which takes about 10 minutes while they check with another department, I think). Mine were available about 48 hours after my emails arrived. Hope that helps :) Congratulations!

Still waiting my closing docs! It’s been a week today since we passed ROFR and these days seem to be going so slow 😂
I’m guessing the sheer volume of ROFR Waivers is adding some time to this mix.
I pased ROFR on 2/23 & got my docs on 2/27 - so 4 days, but that also encompassed a weekend.
Hang in there-& Good Luck👍

I’m guessing the sheer volume of ROFR Waivers is adding some time to this mix.
I pased ROFR on 2/23 & got my docs on 2/27 - so 4 days, but that also encompassed a weekend.
Hang in there-& Good Luck👍
And I'm assuming you had cammie?? it feels like those of us who are still waiting are using magic vacation title.

Ok, this makes me nervous! Different broker and title company, but we passed rofr 1/24, closed 2/10 and have heard nothing from anyone! We are new members as well. Did you get an email from dvc? Thanks.
I'd reach out to your broker and make sure everything was submitted correctly to the county and to Disney. Did you check the Orange County, FL real estate records to make sure that your sale was sent correctly?

https://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

If so, call your broker, or even DVC member services and ask where your info is - check SPAM folders too

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 2/09/23
Offer accepted: 2/09/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/13/23
Passed ROFR: 2/24/23
Closing docs received: 3/13/23
Closing docs returned: (buyer) 3/15/23 (seller) ??
Closing: 3/17/23
Deed recorded: 3/20/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 4/02/23 (interesting that it showed up on a Sunday - was not there the day before)
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Home Resort: SSR
Broker: Fidelity
Title: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 1/26/2023
Offer accepted: 1/27/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/30/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 2/20/2023
Closing docs returned: 2/21/2023 (buyer closing docs - waiting on seller still from what I know)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member add-on):
Points in account:

Total Days:

OK friends - should I call and check in on this? Do I call Bonnie at Fidelity or Cammy? I've heard nothing now since 2/21....two weeks tomorrow. I know it takes time / i know they have a lot going on / but I still want my points :)

OK friends - should I call and check in on this? Do I call Bonnie at Fidelity or Cammy? I've heard nothing now since 2/21....two weeks tomorrow. I know it takes time / i know they have a lot going on / but I still want my points :)
Just from my anxiety i would probably call both lol Just to confirm that the seller has signed the papers and everything. I have seen on here that some of the sellers take a bit of time.

Let’s hope so! You would think they’d be dying to take my money 😂
I emailed my broker again and they said i should receive closing docs by the END of next week! only good news is that the sellers are just as anxious as i am, so once we get our docs, we should both have them back to our broker pretty fast. i know they're busy, but just crazy that it will be THREE weeks for closing docs. last year it was one day. but then again, last year, we waited three weeks for the seller to sign his stuff and return. sigh.

I emailed my broker again and they said i should receive closing docs by the END of next week! only good news is that the sellers are just as anxious as i am, so once we get our docs, we should both have them back to our broker pretty fast. i know they're busy, but just crazy that it will be THREE weeks for closing docs. last year it was one day. but then again, last year, we waited three weeks for the seller to sign his stuff and return. sigh.
wow... who is your broker? it is hard to be patient especially when they are backed up. I am impatiently waiting too. We just passed ROFR 03/02/23. i want to book at BLT or OKW for September so time is dwindling...

wow... who is your broker? it is hard to be patient especially when they are backed up. I am impatiently waiting too. We just passed ROFR 03/02/23. i want to book at BLT or OKW for September so time is dwindling...
We used DVC resale market. And they've been great, but this wait is killing me! She actually just sent this:

Yes, Disney has waived 567 contracts in the last 4 weeks so the title company is really pushing to get the closing docs out. Feast or famine right?

Nuts!!

We used DVC resale market. And they've been great, but this wait is killing me! She actually just sent this:

Yes, Disney has waived 567 contracts in the last 4 weeks so the title company is really pushing to get the closing docs out. Feast or famine right?

Nuts!!
holy cow that is a lot for sure! I am waiting on Mason Title. I am trying my hardest to not annoy them right now lol I cant make any promises. Good luck and i hope yours gets finished up soon.

Yay! We closed today! Now more waiting 😂🤪

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/1/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/1/2023
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/1/2023
Funds wired: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/6/2023
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Same boat. We closed on 2/10. Actually says deed recorded on 2/9 somehow. I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s 3/5! I emailed the title company just after the 2 week mark and they said it can take up to 30 days. I’m getting really nervous, and impatient! I’m dying to book our august trip!
I emailed title company and closing agent too over the weekend and had code and id sent first thing yesterday morning. I am assuming this was a result of them reaching out. I was going to call as suggested earlier but I had the email before I had the chance yesterday. I’d try reaching out yourself too if they didn’t on your behalf.

It looks like Mason is much quicker than Magic Vacation
It/s always a crap-shoot - I'm on my First resale with Mason and they are moving steadily, however we are still waiting for the seller's documents to be signed, notarized, and returned.
I've not yet been on the Seller side, but as a buyer - I've always turned my documents around within 1 Business Day.
I think if I were to sell, I would be turning them around even faster ! ?? :earboy2:

I am looking at how quickly the title company gets the documents to the buyer. That is in their control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter