Clicking on Links Within Post

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't found any posts on this, so sorry if I'm duplicating a question.

Right now when I click on a link it opens the new page in the same window. Will we be able to have links open in a new tab or window?

Hold down the Control key while you click on a link if you want to force your browser into opening the link a new tab.

Andre

Hold down the Control key while you click on a link if you want to force your browser into opening the link a new tab.

Andre

Thanks - I wish this was the default, but Im glad to know theres a "force" available.

I can do it easier by right-clicking and choosing open in new tab or window (I know, lazy way. ;) ), but the default was that they would open in a new window.

Thanks for the tip, though. Now I know to use CNTL, and I didn't know that before. :)

I'm going to follow -- or Watch, or Subscribe to, or whatever it is -- this thread, as I am curious about the same link-clicking issue (as you know, Mary Jo!). The funny thing is that I just started randomly clicking links a couple of days ago (links in my assorted threads and also in some other folks' threads) -- a bit afraid of where they would lead me on this new site -- and some of them were opening up in different tabs/screens (which is what I want), so I thought the issue was fixed. But then I continued clicking around and I ran into the same 'opening in the same window' issue again, which is quite inconvenient. So it seems that some of them will open in a new tab and some of them won't. Frustrating.

I've been skimming down all of the thread titles on this specific forum dedicated to the new board, and there are still a couple of issues that I'm having or questions I have that I have not seen addressed. I guess I will have to start a separate thread for each issue (maybe there are other folks who are encountering the same hurdles).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter