Clarification needed.

auntsue

DIS Veteran
I have a June use year. When I called today to book for May, I mentioned that I would need to bank my points next month. The CM told me that since I had less than 50% of my Total points left, I had until Feb to bank. Is that correct? I assumed that I had to bank by Nov to bank 100% of what I had left. I thought if I banked in Feb, I could only bank 50% of what I had left. I must have missed that somewhere.

The percentages are of your total allotment and are cumulative for the year. If you have 150 pts., you can bank a total of 150 pts. from the current use year up until November 30 with a June use year.

Doctor P,

So, using your example of 150, if I currently have 70 points left, I can wait until Feb and then I can bank all 70? I thought at that point I could only bank 35.

That's correct, Susan. The %'s refer to your total points. At 6 months you can still bank up to 100% at 9 months up to 50% (but if you have already banked 50% or more- you can't bank any more points at all) and at 10 months you can bank up to 25%- assuming you haven't already banked that many previously.

hi susan: we almost always used all our points and this little tidbit of info confused me the first time too. if you are ever unsure, ms will be glad to help.

Those percentages apply to your total allotment of points for the year, not to total remaining points after using some. If your allotment is 150, you can bank up to 75 by the end of the 9th month of your use year.

if I currently have 70 points left, I can wait until Feb and then I can bank all 70?

That's correct. On the flip side -- You have 150 points. You bank 75 of them. Once you pass the 100% deadline you cannot bank any more for the year. You can't bank 50% of the remaining 75 or 25% of the remaining 75. The percentages always apply to the TOTAL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter