Circle Journal - Group II sign-ups

I'd like to join (now that i've read the instructions about three or six times ;-). I also vote for 8x8 and my chosen topic will be "I am . . . " a disney park, resort or character that speaks to you and why or how it represents your "spirit".

This sounds like so much fun Patty. I'm glad we're doing the exchange monthly b/c the group I'm in on 2peas is bi-weekly! I'm assuming in your previous post that you have me signed up. You listed "crazyforpooh1" so I guess you mean me?

if there is still room - i want to play!! i havent participated in anything yet - but i am ready !!!! :Pinkbounc

ya, still don't get it. :) I think I'll pass on this one til next time. :) maggie

Here's a little more detail. I PM'd this to Maggie in case she's no longer watching.

We each pick a book btwn 6x6 and 8x10 and a theme. We put instructions on what we want people to do in your book and a sign in for everyone who works on our book. We do teh first 2 pg LO.

For mine, that will be "My Favorite Disney Memory", I will likely do my chance encounter with Pooh in AK. That will be the first 2 pg spread in my book. (or right after instructions and signatures)

By June 1, I will mail it on to the next person. I will receive someone else's cj. I will read their instructins and complete at least a 2 pg LO on their theme in their book.

So, maybe I get your book and you want a cj on my favorite Disney meal. Then your would get at least 2-pg LO on my breakfast at teh GF. Hmmm... 2 pages of Pecan Pancakes and strawberries and cream. Then, we ship out those books by July 1 and receive the next book.

Patty will set up a Yahoo group with info for this. My guess is that it will be addresses and what order we send the books around in.

After 12 months, we should each have done everyone's books and get our own book back.

It will be really cool to check out everyone's styles and learn more about those in our group.

Great summary!
that is it!

so we have (in order of sign up not of the journals - I will determine the 'circle' after I get all the addys - i will post a yahoo group later today)

1. me
2. Ilovepooh1
3. Twigs
4. wtpclc
5. mla973
6. Aurora19
7. angelmom
8. Lindababe
9. disneyfreakjackie
10.disney cruizer

sorry your in
just went back to make sure I didn't miss anyone ;) we must be on at the same time!

A quick question, when you make the pages you don't use photos? So you would make a page with photo mats and when we get it back we add the pictures? Just curious as I have never heard of this before, but sounds really interesting!
Franne

Franne - I am hoping that we will be using photos. I plan to use them for mine. I suppose each person can specify in their "theme instructions" regarding photos.

Example: If you recive a CJ with a theme of "My favorite character" then you could create a double-page spread designed around a photo of you and Mickey. Then, each person's layout is unique to them, and once your journal comes full circle, it will be complete (i.e. you won't have to add photos).

I'm hoping we can sort of specify in our instructions pages what types of things we are or aren't looking for in the design - that is my understanding anyway. (Ex: Using certain embellishments or brands of paper or using certain colors...)

I'm excited to start. I think we should post our theme ideas when we have them for others to see. Patty, maybe you can add the themes that each person will be using to your list of those who have signed up so we don't duplicate. I'm still thinking about mine. Are we trying to keep the topics Disney related?

Megan

Yes each person had instructions in their book as to what they expect...
If you look at the link I posted above to one of my cj pages you can see some of my previous cj's at 2peas
good idea about posting the topic too - I will get right on that -
also if you want to copy and paste the logo I made for your own sigi feel free!

So it's possible to actually kind of "pre-plan" the pages I'd be doing for everyone else since I would know the rules and restrictions?

I think this sounds neat, and I really don't want to miss the boat on this!

So, do I understand the cj comes in around the first of the month, and then I would mail it back out again on the first to the next month?

I know I just posted, but here is a great example of a CJ that I saw on 2Peas. Hope it's okay to link it here.

Circle Journal

If you go to 2Peas and click on "Search Gallery," type in something like 30 or 60 days to search and the title to contain "circle journal" and there are some great examples of themes and ideas for the CJ's.

Looking at them is almost making it worse for me to pick my theme - too many choices!!! :rotfl:

1. me
2. Ilovepooh1 - My Favorite Disney Character
3. Twigs
4. wtpclc - Favorite Disney Memory
5. mla973
6. Aurora19
7. angelmom
8. Lindababe - I am (a disney park, resort or character)
9. disneyfreakjackie
10.disney cruizer

You are sooo right 2peas is amazing when it comes to CJ's
I still haven't picked my theme - lol

yes maxine -
I know one of my cj groups she had a binder going with avery page sleeves in it and she puts things that go with themes in them as she goes through life (example one book is about pets and she found some charms and papers so she threw them in the corrolating pocket - so when the album finally gets to her all she has to do is grab that section and throw it all on tha page!)

I understand the theme part of this. I went to 2peas and saw the favorite flavor one, that make sense but if you pick a theme like Disney memories, I would put MY favorite memories in other people's books? But who's pictures would you use, yours or the person who's book it is? I'm usually not this slow but I think I am totally confused? :confused3

I guess I'm in then.

Do I understand it that we would do our pages as they apply to us , but with the theme of the cj's owner? Does that sound right?

I'd like my theme to be "My Favorite Food/Snack/Treat at WDW". Can you tell I love to eat? :flower:

you got it sweet maxine

they want YOUR picture in THEIR book with YOUR favorite memory!
( I find I will duplicate my favorite layouts for my book about Me - that noone in my family has even seen yet )

Welcome aboard Maxine
that means one more person and we are CLOSED and ready to roll -

please go join the yahoo group posted above! thanks!

OK, I think I got it now! :banana: I am going to jump in if someone else doesn't sign up before me! Better being late than never! :cool1:
Franne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter