Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby eat for free! WE ARE BACK! Photo Teasers pg. 23!!

Hello, joining in! I am going to enjoy reading your PTR. You are going the same time I am! Reading about what you are planning is going to help me not obsess about my own. (hopefully)

I love your schedule. I have never gone using PH tickets. Looking at how you have things set up.. I can see how that really does work well.

Your ADR's are so similar to my own. We actually are having lunch at the same place on the same day. (different times though)

As for what to do on the 6th... my vote would be to eat in DHS. There are a couple restaurants that are not too bad. It is 2 TS credit and probably hard to get into, but Brown Derby is suppose to be good. (I have never eaten there so I can not say for sure) My ADR in DHS this trip is Mama Melrose's....but we are doing that so that we can do the fantasmic dinner package. I ate there last trip and had the tuna with the honey hazelnut cheesecake for dessert. It was excellent! Sci Fi is nice for a "fun" experience and the food is pretty good. My only problem with Sci Fi is that you eat in a car and when you have more than a couple people at your "table" you don't sit across from them so conversation is limited. You have just the two of you though, so it might be almost romantic. :)

I cant wait to see what you decide!

I see you are already eating at Sci Fi... so my advice would NOT be to eat there again on the 6th. :laughing:

I've heard Cape May Cafe is really good. It's probably the best option overall in terms of food quality & travel.

Teppan Edo would only work if you make a reservation for as soon as they open for dinner (around 4:30 or so). But you guys don't want to be rushing and walking everywhere, especially since you're getting an early start to the day and are going to EMH at DHS.

Whew! All caught up! I would love to stay at a monorail resort but just can't afford it! And I've honestly never had issues with the bus system so I can't complain! Your schedule looks great! I've never been to Chef Mickey's but Kona and Ohana are great! We're trying dinner at Ohana for the first time this year but we have done breakfast several times. We'll be trying Tusker House for the first time since it became a TS restaurant and now I'm wondering if I should try for an earlier ADR and try to get in before the park opens...I worry that I wouldn't be able to get everyone up that early. ... and just when I thought I was done messing with my ADRs!

Hi Ali! Yes the CR is really pricey, but we figure this will be the only time we can get to stay at a monorail resort because of the free dining. Every little bit helps! We're not even in the tower room, we're in a garden wing room which is actually a little bit further out but it's better priced. It's ok, it'll give me some exercise which I'll need after all the meals I've scheduled!
Yum, I am really looking forward to Kona and 'Ohana. I think I was Polynesian/Hawaiian in a past life as I feel very at home in any place remotely tiki-like or tropical. haha.
I don't need to worry about trying to wake DH up, he wakes up earlier than me usually so he'll have to wake me up! :lmao:

I think it depends on your mindset for early breakfast ADRs. I went in to our last trip knowing we had quite a few of them and they all worked out great. This trip, I didn't make any, and can't imagine how I did it on the last trip. Haha.

Early is a mental thing. ;)

I've done early ADRs before. Honestly, I am ok with them, but I think it's because waking up early for Disney is totally different than waking up for work each day! Every morning I just want to press SNOOZE forever. But at Disney I am sure I'll make myself wake up just to make those ADRs, hehe. I do love going out for breakfast because it's not something I usually do regularly. I am more of the grab-something-quick-on-the-way-to-work-and -hopefully-it-includes-coffee kinda gal. :rotfl:

I added my thoughts in purple! I hope they help! :)

Definitely! Thanks so much for your advice. I totally see your point on each thought. I am going to check back frequently on the T-Rex ADRs so hopefully I can get a better time. That would probably be my #1 option!

Hello, joining in! I am going to enjoy reading your PTR. You are going the same time I am! Reading about what you are planning is going to help me not obsess about my own. (hopefully)

I love your schedule. I have never gone using PH tickets. Looking at how you have things set up.. I can see how that really does work well.

Your ADR's are so similar to my own. We actually are having lunch at the same place on the same day. (different times though)

As for what to do on the 6th... my vote would be to eat in DHS. There are a couple restaurants that are not too bad. It is 2 TS credit and probably hard to get into, but Brown Derby is suppose to be good. (I have never eaten there so I can not say for sure) My ADR in DHS this trip is Mama Melrose's....but we are doing that so that we can do the fantasmic dinner package. I ate there last trip and had the tuna with the honey hazelnut cheesecake for dessert. It was excellent! Sci Fi is nice for a "fun" experience and the food is pretty good. My only problem with Sci Fi is that you eat in a car and when you have more than a couple people at your "table" you don't sit across from them so conversation is limited. You have just the two of you though, so it might be almost romantic. :)

I cant wait to see what you decide!

I see you are already eating at Sci Fi... so my advice would NOT be to eat there again on the 6th. :laughing:

Hi annmarieda! Welcome to my PTR! I love new visitors. That's so funny we're going to the same lunch. If you do catch me, you should say hi!

I love the PH tickets because it allows you to take advantage of EMH at each park, it is definitely tiring though, but the shorter lines at rides make up for it!

I've been to the Brown Derby for the Fantastmic! dinner package before. You can see it in my old TR. It was awesome! Loved the food and service. However I am trying to eat at places I have never been to before. I wish they had more choices at MK or DHS! Another thought would be to just get QS. it will leave us more time for rides, or shopping at DTD, plus it'll be a lot cheaper!

I've heard Cape May Cafe is really good. It's probably the best option overall in terms of food quality & travel.

Teppan Edo would only work if you make a reservation for as soon as they open for dinner (around 4:30 or so). But you guys don't want to be rushing and walking everywhere, especially since you're getting an early start to the day and are going to EMH at DHS.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to save Teppan Edo for another day or trip. My sister's 30th birthday next year would probably be a good venue for her birthday dinner since we all love teppanyaki/hibachi dining.

It looks like Cape May may be the way to go for us if we cannot get a reservation at T-rex. I'm glad there are some great reviews so I'm looking forward to it! :woohoo:

I was thinking of adding another ADR for dinner on Sept. 6th but I'm not entirely sure where yet. I was planning to spend most of the day at MK and go to DHS for EMH at night. I have several options:
  1. eat at MK then leave for DHS right after dinner
  2. eat at a Resort restaurant then go to DHS
  3. eat in Downtown Disney then go to DHS
  4. just eat in DHS
  5. go to Epcot, eat at Epcot, and then go to DHS (think there is a ferry that goes directly from Epcot to DHS? Not too sure if I can remember this...)

Any thoughts on what I should do?

How about hopping from the MK back to the Contemporary for dinner at The Wave? It's been getting very good reviews... and you're right there at your resort in case you need to stop by your room to change or pick up a jacket or something.

Kathy

Hi annmarieda! Welcome to my PTR! I love new visitors. That's so funny we're going to the same lunch. If you do catch me, you should say hi!

I will make sure and do that! I figure you will be leaving just as we get there, but...maybe not. Our ADR is for 2pm at Le Cellier.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to save Teppan Edo for another day or trip. My sister's 30th birthday next year would probably be a good venue for her birthday dinner since we all love teppanyaki/hibachi dining.

It looks like Cape May may be the way to go for us if we cannot get a reservation at T-rex. I'm glad there are some great reviews so I'm looking forward to it! :woohoo:

Teppan Edo would be a great spot for a birthday. And if there's enough people you'll have the table all to yourselves :thumbsup2

I hope an earlier T-Rex reservation slot opens up! Disney updated their online dining reservations page and it's way easier now to use.

We ate at Cape May for our honeymoon trip (for breakfast.) It was really good and the atmosphere was great. I'm sure dinner is the same, too!!

I am all caught up now. I haven't bought any new camera equipment yet other than a couple of extension tubes for close up experiment. I am still saving and holding out for a full frame camera. Hope I am able to purchase before the trip.

I've only been to B&H once in my life. I can't go into that place too long. I'll come out with my credit card melted. :rotfl:

You have to let me know how you like Le Cellier. We are going there for the candlelight processional night.

If you are toss up between Yachtsman steakhouse or Artist Point, I would suggest Artist Point. I've been to both. Yachtsman steakhouse has a dress code and Artist Point don't. The mushroom soup at Artist Point is a major must try and their Bison steak is awesome.

How about hopping from the MK back to the Contemporary for dinner at The Wave? It's been getting very good reviews... and you're right there at your resort in case you need to stop by your room to change or pick up a jacket or something.
Kathy

That actually sounds like a pretty darn good idea! Duh! I can't believe I am paying so much for the CR and not actually spending much time there! This would be a good way to spend some time at our own resort! LOL :lmao: I took a look at the menu, and although it doesn't seem as exciting as some of the options at Epcot, I have heard that it is prepared well, which is really what counts when it comes to food right? :)

I will make sure and do that! I figure you will be leaving just as we get there, but...maybe not. Our ADR is for 2pm at Le Cellier.

Yes please do! I pretty much look the same as I do in my pictures. I hardly ever change my look but I'll be sure to post a picture if I do, hehe.

Teppan Edo would be a great spot for a birthday. And if there's enough people you'll have the table all to yourselves :thumbsup2

I hope an earlier T-Rex reservation slot opens up! Disney updated their online dining reservations page and it's way easier now to use.

I think my sister will have a blast at Teppan Edo next year! That and the gazillion other members of family that are intending to come on that trip. Needless to say, planning will NOT be easy for that trip, LOL :scared1:

I really do hope I get an earlier T-Rex ressie. Maybe something will surface in the next few months. Or else I'll have to re-juggle some of my other plans but so far, I am pretty set on my schedule.

We ate at Cape May for our honeymoon trip (for breakfast.) It was really good and the atmosphere was great. I'm sure dinner is the same, too!!

Oooh thants for the vote of confidence in Cape May! We'll definitely keep it as an option. Right now I am most likely going to keep that night open until I decide what to do.

Looks like here's what I'll do:
1. Try to get an earlier T-Rex ressie in the next few months
2. Make back-up ressie for either The Wave or Cape May in case T-Rex does not happen. I will actually let DH make this decision since he's left most of the planning up to me. I will ask him to look at the menus and see which one he'll be most likely to choose.

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful advice!!

I am all caught up now. I haven't bought any new camera equipment yet other than a couple of extension tubes for close up experiment. I am still saving and holding out for a full frame camera. Hope I am able to purchase before the trip.

I've only been to B&H once in my life. I can't go into that place too long. I'll come out with my credit card melted. :rotfl:

You have to let me know how you like Le Cellier. We are going there for the candlelight processional night.

If you are toss up between Yachtsman steakhouse or Artist Point, I would suggest Artist Point. I've been to both. Yachtsman steakhouse has a dress code and Artist Point don't. The mushroom soup at Artist Point is a major must try and their Bison steak is awesome.

Full-frame cameras are so expensive! I keep toying with the idea of getting the Canon 5D Mark II, but I honestly do not use my camera enough to justify the cost, especially when I like to travel light, so I end up just taking my Canon Rebel when I travel. I did however, get a new p&s camera, the Panasonic Lumix TS1 which is waterproof up to 10ft. I took it snorkeling and it worked really well! I love B&H too, but yes, everytime I go there, I come out spending $$$. It's dangerous!

Will definitely give my reviews on all restaurants, esp Le Cellier. It's soo hard to get ADRs there! I have to see what all the hype is about.

Looks like we may not be doing any signature restaurants for this trip so will probably not end up doing either. I do want to visit WL one day though, it looks amazing.

Right now I am most likely going to keep that night open until I decide what to do.

Looks like here's what I'll do:
1. Try to get an earlier T-Rex ressie in the next few months
2. Make back-up ressie for either The Wave or Cape May in case T-Rex does not happen. I will actually let DH make this decision since he's left most of the planning up to me. I will ask him to look at the menus and see which one he'll be most likely to choose.

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful advice!!

You're so welcome!

It's good to get hubby involved in some of the planning...especially when it comes to FOOD!

Kathy

You're so welcome!

It's good to get hubby involved in some of the planning...especially when it comes to FOOD!

Kathy

Hehe, I think DH just leaves most of the planning to me mostly because he eats anything, and I want to try EVERYTHING.

Which brings me to my next pseudo-dilemma.

Pseudo-dilemma because I am pretty sure we've made up our minds already but just to explain...I am deciding whether or not the DxDP is worth it or not. In my case I think it will be somewhat worth it as there are so many places I want to try, and also many 2TS places. But I know I would just eat myself silly if I could eat 3 meals a day of whatever I want. I know I don't do too well if I eat too much. I get lethargic and cranky. And honestly, I have no restraint when allowed to go crazy with food :rotfl2:

The cost would be and additional 300 for both of us to be on the DxDP plan. This is on top of the free dining. Considering we only get 1 TS and 1 QS a day on regular DP, most likely we will have to pay OOP for another meal each day anyways which is the added bonus of just adding on the DxDP. However, I think if I'm at the parks I'd prefer more snacking. Especially if I'm in the "zone" of running from ride to ride. I can't really see myself breaking for a long meal. I am also kinda impatient :rolleyes1 so maybe 1TS is good enough for me.

So anyways I think I have answered my own question. :rotfl: We're most likely going to stick with regular DP unless something (or someone) convinces us otherwise. hehe. I think Disney should offer free DxDP when staying at a Deluxe resort, don't you think? popcorn::

ugh all of you guys looking for EARLIER T-Rex ressies and I'm looking for a LATER one! I've been trying for DAYS to switch from my 3:30pm to a 5pm. At first all they had was a 3pm...now they have NOTHING! The entire day for 10/26 is booked! I can tell I'm going to have to be obsessive about this and check availability every chance I get for the next 139 days! :rolleyes1

So today I got home from work and was pleasantly surprised to find a package waiting for me...it was a package from ideeli.com, a super stylish sample sale website. I had ordered items from a sample sale they had a few weeks ago. Since they sell items a few weeks prior to shipping them, I had honestly kind of forgot about them since ordering them, but when I saw the label on the box, I got so excited because I knew it was my Disney Couture necklaces!! They were on sale and were a great price. I can't wait to wear them!

Without much further ado, I present my necklaces!

This necklace is the gold Tinkerbell "Wish" necklaces with crystals.

disneycouture-1.jpg

Here's a close-up of the Wish part

disneycouture-2.jpg

And a close-up of Tinkerbell!

disneycouture-3.jpg

The other necklace I ordered is longer, it's the Mrs. Potts necklace with crystals. I love it so much!

disneycouture-5.jpg

Here's a pic of the cute teacup on the side

disneycouture-1-2.jpg

They all come in a fancy little bag

disneycouture-6.jpg

I love the end of the necklace too, with the magical little crown. Totally cute.

disneycouture-7.jpg

I am so excited about my necklaces and I cannot wait to wear them! It was such a great pick me up today, totally what I needed. Whoopee! :dance3:

I love those necklaces!! They are so pretty!! :lovestruc I'm glad you got them at the perfect time to cheer you up! :) I just told my DH yesterday that I wanted the Tinkerbell "believe" necklace for Christmas.

ugh all of you guys looking for EARLIER T-Rex ressies and I'm looking for a LATER one! I've been trying for DAYS to switch from my 3:30pm to a 5pm. At first all they had was a 3pm...now they have NOTHING! The entire day for 10/26 is booked! I can tell I'm going to have to be obsessive about this and check availability every chance I get for the next 139 days! :rolleyes1

LOL, it's seems like these ressies are really hard to get at a preferred time. Grr. I wonder if they do that on purpose because they get a lot of walk-ins?

I love those necklaces!! They are so pretty!! :lovestruc I'm glad you got them at the perfect time to cheer you up! :) I just told my DH yesterday that I wanted the Tinkerbell "believe" necklace for Christmas.

The "believe" one is so cute too! I was thinking of getting that as well, but diddn't want to get an overload of jewelry although if I see it on sale, I make cave. You will be so happy with the necklace esp if it's from your DH!

So in love with your necklaces! Does that site have them often? And, do you mind me asking what they ended up costing from there?

I have some Swarovski Disney jewerly! I don't think my friends/co-workers understand, though. I always get questioned about it. Yes, I'm 25, and I have a Mickey necklace and Tink stuff. Get over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter