Child ID bracelets, temporary tattoos, etc.

EmilyS90

Mouseketeer
Anyone have a recommendation?

My daughter will be 5 on our trip, and she's not the best at keeping bracelets and things like that on (I'm still not sure what to do about her magic band) so I thought about the temp tattoos I've seen but do they really stay on (and legible) after a long day at the park? Anyone have any other suggestions?

I've also been trying to get her to remember my phone number, but that's been challenging.

I'm not TOO worried about her getting lost, but I just want to be cautious, as this will be the most crowded place we've ever taken her to.

you could write your cell phone number on her magic band. Look up the fitbit belt --- it's a little plastic slider that secures the two ends together once clasped. It's meant for the fitbit flex, but people use it for magic bands too. But at the same time, you could probably secure the two ends with a doubled-up hair-tie and it should do just fine. Another option is to just use a sharpie and write a phone number on ankle.... re-write it each day before going into the parks.

I have RoadIds for my two kids. We use them whenever we travel. It's an id bracelet in fun colors and you engrave your information on a silver slider thing. The reason I chose to get them is you can order the rubber band part (looks like a Livestrong bracelet) in different sizes, so as your kid grows you can still use it. Right now my kids are 2.5 and I put it on their ankle so they can't get it off.

My son didn't want to wear a bracelet or Magicband either. We tried the kid tattoos but they would start to look cruddy after a day or so and I found them a pain to remove/re-do.

My backup, which I use all the time now, is a pet ID tag :D. It fits his name and 2 telephone numbers. I fasten it to a belt loop or just the waistband of his shorts/swim trunks with a safety pin. I let him know exactly where it's going as I pin it.

It might be good to show your daughter pictures of cast member name tags in advance, and start pointing them out as soon as you're on property. Since they wear different costumes all over WDW, the tags are the way to distinguish a CM who can help her in an unlikely emergency. Happy planning!!

I ordered disposable bracelets like those you get at a water park or local theme park with our cell phone numbers. While on vacation last summer my youngest (1.5yo at the time) would wear one even at the beach or Tampa aquarium and my oldest was only wearing it during our 3 days at WDW. Never had any complain as it is very light. This summer my 5.5yo knows my cell phone number in both French (ou first language) and English so I might skip the bracelet for her but my youngest will have to wear it at all times while we are at Disney. I got them from Mabel's labels (http://www.mabelslabels.com/products/my-411-id-wristbands/). They last for a few days in FL weather and can swim with them.

I had this same question! DD is two and she knows her full name and our full names, but is way too young to memorize a phone number. I was thinking of doing my name and phone number on the inside of her Magic Band, and then cover it with tape to avoid rubbing off. The Road ID is a fantastic idea, too! I may order one of those later.

I ordered disposable bracelets like those you get at a water park or local theme park with our cell phone numbers. While on vacation last summer my youngest (1.5yo at the time) would wear one even at the beach or Tampa aquarium and my oldest was only wearing it during our 3 days at WDW. Never had any complain as it is very light. This summer my 5.5yo knows my cell phone number in both French (ou first language) and English so I might skip the bracelet for her but my youngest will have to wear it at all times while we are at Disney. I got them from Mabel's labels (http://www.mabelslabels.com/products/my-411-id-wristbands/). They last for a few days in FL weather and can swim with them.

We LOVE Mabel's Label! We use the breacelets but also for their clothing! Our boys 2 & 6 (he wears it for my comfort even though he knows our numbers, yhou never know what they may forget in a stressful situation)

Just remember that it has to be some place on your child that a CM can see if without having to move cloths out of the way. They are not allowed to do that. I really liked it when parents would write on the Childs arm and paint liquid bandaid over it. It was easy to see and it was easy to find the lost parent.

I put a dog ID tag on their shoes. It was engraved with their first name and our cell phone numbers. My twins had their shoes on at all times except when swimming, and you better believe I didn't take my eyes off of them one single second while they were swimming, so no chance at getting lost there.

I liked having it on their shoes because it was a non-intimate place CMs could check without invading personal space.

We also took pictures daily of our youngest. That way IF we got seperated then I could show that to the CM. At each park, we should youngest what the CM to look for would look like. We had him know where we were staying.

I did not worry about our phone numbers on him. Figuring that if he could tell the CM where we were staying then the hotel could call us.

We did the safety tattoo's on our last trip, and while the concept was amazing, they left my children with HORRIBLE rashes (which they claim they don't do). I would do labels or tags on clothing, magic bands, etc.

We do safety tats too. I've used them on my almost 5 year old since her first trip. We have never had any issues. They tend to stay on for 2-3 days.

Another safety tats user here. Neither of my children had any reaction to them, and my youngest has pretty sensitive skin. Stayed on about 2 or 3 days.

As a last minute thought, I wrote my cell phone on the inside sole of his shoe with a sharpie. Stay on and got the job done.

Yep, safety tats are awesome. They stayed on for 3 or 4 days even with plenty of pool time and sunscreen

As a last minute thought, I wrote my cell phone on the inside sole of his shoe with a sharpie. Stay on and got the job done.
Just a warning about this - a cm will not look in his shoe for information. So your child would have to remember to take off his shoe if he got lost.

I just bought some Mickey and Minnie personalized wristbands on Etsy last night for $10. You can put two phone numbers on it. Well worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter