Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Cmon guys. Keep your cool and win this one...

Oh boy... it's gonna be Justin Wilson... deep breaths

Go Cubs Go. Cubs are gonna Win today!!!!

Was having trouble getting the video to play, but saw the pitch box diagram. Finally ended up getting it to play. How much more of a strike could that have been? We need to lobby MLB to fine idiot umpires. Glad We got the W, but no wonder they argued (rightfully so!).

Last edited:

I changed my mind! I just grabbed a ticket for tonight's Marlin's game right behind their dugout (section 123) for $31. I'll be wearing my Badger wear, but I'll be rooting for the Fish. I couldn't pass up watching a major league baseball game that close up.

upload_2017-9-15_17-34-2.jpeg

Just got in...have a gazillion messages, lol sorry , I will get beck to y'all...SO MUCH TO PROCESS!
DJyr-10VwAAmny_.jpg
#5....no words
You GO Big John! FIRED UP THE TEAM!
Jordan Baker better step in and thwart any notion of Willy getting suspended
Avila..you changed the game
Metheny knows we have no bullpen left...tomorrow will be even harder.

Addie can NOT get back fast enough...Javy getting so beat up..needs to be at his normal 2nd base. Not sure he will be in tomorrow.
I'll be back!

Last edited:
I changed my mind! I just grabbed a ticket for tonight's Marlin's game right behind their dugout (section 123) for $31. I'll be wearing my Badger wear, but I'll be rooting for the Fish. I couldn't pass up watching a major league baseball game that close up.

H-E- double hockey sticks YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get 'em Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think the bracelet can be added to the Badger wear. My SIL's broke at Miller Park...but we got the W that game!I'm channelling ALL my Miami Dolphin's vibe to the Marlin's

Last edited:

View attachment 269934
#5....no words
You GO Big John! FIRED UP THE TEAM!
Jordan Baker better step in and thwart any notion of Willy getting suspended
Avila..you changed the game
Metheny knows we have no bullpen left...tomorrow will be even harder.

Addie can NOT get back fast enough...Javy getting so beat up..needs to be at his normal 2nd base. Not sure he will be in tomorrow.
I'll be back!

I was trying to be positive after the ejections... maybe the shot in the arm these young kids needed to band together. Then I started rationalizing in every way... as Avila came to the plate I was thinking, "ok, whatever happens here wouldn't happen without that ump's mess... then after we went up 4-2 I felt like cosmic justice was done. The rest was gravy.

We burned our pen a bit. Rondon and maybe Monte? tomorrow. Maybe another inning or so from Stropy and CJ. Need Hendricks to go deep and we have to get to Wacha a bit.
---
If Brewers can lose, it'll go a long way.

I was trying to be positive after the ejections... maybe the shot in the arm these young kids needed to band together. Then I started rationalizing in every way... as Avila came to the plate I was thinking, "ok, whatever happens here wouldn't happen without that ump's mess... then after we went up 4-2 I felt like cosmic justice was done. The rest was gravy.

We burned our pen a bit. Rondon and maybe Monte? tomorrow. Maybe another inning or so from Stropy and CJ. Need Hendricks to go deep and we have to get to Wacha a bit.
---
If Brewers can lose, it'll go a long way.
Rondon's elbow an issue..that's why he hasn't pitched. Koji *might* be avail. if his knee infection ok. I know he threw a sim game yesterday. Pena, Monty..maaaaaaaybe CJ if we have to, AAJ secret weapon against Wacha. Ron said that Baker had to be hoping for a Cub's blow out so he could escape the mess he created...divine intervention. Been in touch with Robin at the Marlin game,,,she's behind a Cub fan and 1 Marin fan. Marlin's are in their travel Uni's as they could not go home from their extended road trip. currently 2-2

Crazy game! I missed all "fun" parts but saw them win!

Hoping that Willy and John aren't suspended. I guess we'll know soon enough how that's going down. Ridiculous call and slightly ridiculous reactions. Be mad but keep it together. However, I saw an interview with KB after the game and he did say that ruckus fired up the team so...thanks?!?! Anyway, we got the W today so I'm thankful!!

Robin, have fun tonight!

Crazy game! I missed all "fun" parts but saw them win!

Hoping that Willy and John aren't suspended. I guess we'll know soon enough how that's going down. Ridiculous call and slightly ridiculous reactions. Be mad but keep it together. However, I saw an interview with KB after the game and he did say that ruckus fired up the team so...thanks?!?! Anyway, we got the W today so I'm thankful!!

Robin, have fun tonight!
Willy only one in question for suspension. When he threw his helmet it rolled back and *bumped* Baker's foot. The Veteran's guys pow-wow after the ejections was key...for a young team, they have their act together. Big John headed back to the mound...but when that run scored..that was it. Honestly that lousy call has changed an entire series, not just 1 game. Our bullpen is depleted now...domino effect. Guarantee you Metheny is preaching at bats to get Kyle out A.S.A.P. 2MRO .

Last edited:
Back from the Marlins game. Marlins lost.

I know that the Cubs are in charge of their own destiny, but I have to tell you how disappointed I am that MLB allowed the Marlins home series to be played at Miller Park. I live in Wisconsin and I went to the game tonight because the ticket was dirt cheap and I hoped to see the Marlins win. I ended up with a *great* seat which was 4 rows behind the Marlins dugout. Just watching a ballgame from that close was a treat.

The "away" game for the Brewers became a 99% "home" game. The only difference between tonight's game and any other Brewers home game was that the Brewers batted first. The Brewers wore their home uniforms because the Marlins had been on the road and didn't have their home uniforms. The Brewers played their own walk-up music. They played their own rally music (only for themselves). They showed the rally ("Get LOUD!!!") graphics when the Brewers were up. The fans were 99.99% Brewers fans. I saw 2 Marlins fans and 1 other Cubs fan. 9,996 fans rooting for the "away" team and 4 fans rooting for the "home" team.

What is wrong with this picture?

Better yet, what is wrong with MLB?

Whose bright idea was it to give the Brewers 3 more games in their stadium in front of all of their fans? Every other series under similar circumstances was played at a neutral site. I hate to sound like a toddler, but how is that fair to the Marlins? How is that fair to the other teams in the Central division (Cubs/Cards)? How is that fair to the other teams gunning for the Wildcard? It's not fair and it annoys me. It annoys me that the Brewers won tonight in no small part because it was in front of an enthusiastic (albeit smaller) home crowd with all the lights and sounds of a home game.

It's just not right.

I know the only thing the Cubs can do is worry about their own games. Win out and let the Brewers and the tainted "away" home wins hang. Go Cubs Go!

Back from the Marlins game. Marlins lost.

I know that the Cubs are in charge of their own destiny, but I have to tell you how disappointed I am that MLB allowed the Marlins home series to be played at Miller Park. I live in Wisconsin and I went to the game tonight because the ticket was dirt cheap and I hoped to see the Marlins win. I ended up with a *great* seat which was 4 rows behind the Marlins dugout. Just watching a ballgame from that close was a treat.

The "away" game for the Brewers became a 99% "home" game. The only difference between tonight's game and any other Brewers home game was that the Brewers batted first. The Brewers wore their home uniforms because the Marlins had been on the road and didn't have their home uniforms. The Brewers played their own walk-up music. They played their own rally music (only for themselves). They showed the rally ("Get LOUD!!!") graphics when the Brewers were up. The fans were 99.99% Brewers fans. I saw 2 Marlins fans and 1 other Cubs fan. 9,996 fans rooting for the "away" team and 4 fans rooting for the "home" team.

What is wrong with this picture?

Better yet, what is wrong with MLB?

Whose bright idea was it to give the Brewers 3 more games in their stadium in front of all of their fans? Every other series under similar circumstances was played at a neutral site. I hate to sound like a toddler, but how is that fair to the Marlins? How is that fair to the other teams in the Central division (Cubs/Cards)? How is that fair to the other teams gunning for the Wildcard? It's not fair and it annoys me. It annoys me that the Brewers won tonight in no small part because it was in front of an enthusiastic (albeit smaller) home crowd with all the lights and sounds of a home game.

It's just not right.

I know the only thing the Cubs can do is worry about their own games. Win out and let the Brewers and the tainted "away" home wins hang. Go Cubs Go!

not to mention the reduced prices which in turn is reduced proceeds to the hurricane efforts. Treat for the Brewers fan's on what could have raised more money .Oh, and Bud Selig, Commissioner Emeritus used to own the Brewer's. He *may* have been the one to come up with the idea considering he live's there(Milwaukee) and all:rolleyes1

That is so *not* cool of them. And you were one of the very few witnesses to boot. We'll know in 8 days or so how upset to still be.

I'm trying to understand their side of it: put on a decent show for patrons that benefits hurricane relief to an extent. But, it's still not right to be so incongruent. Sox park with Cubs fans rooting for the Marlins would have been more appropriate

That is so *not* cool of them. And you were one of the very few witnesses to boot. We'll know in 8 days or so how upset to still be.

I'm trying to understand their side of it: put on a decent show for patrons that benefits hurricane relief to an extent. But, it's still not right to be so incongruent. Sox park with Cubs fans rooting for the Marlins would have been more appropriate

I was wondering why not at Busch Stadium, Comisky(~or whatever it's called now) is a park I will never set foot in so literally never entered my mind, lol. The article I read (not sure which one, I may have posted the link earlier)said MLB wanted a roof~ Why? Not all other teams get that weather assurance. Cubs/Cards each have 1 remaining day off, Monday. A rain out from here on out will for sure hurt either team.(and believe me, Brewers praying for it). The Bears/Tamoa game being held in Tampa tomorrow..bigger crowd than normal expected and Tix well over scalper norm. Why? Because fans want the distraction and the normalcy of sports and the chance to cheer for something. Marlin's were robbed of that for their own fans. Just more salt on the Irma wound. I have no idea how hard Marlin FO fought for a neutral site..maight not have at all given the state of the selling of the team but MKB and the Brewers should never have entertained Miller Park as an option.Like I said before, tainted win for Brewers, but if they sweep Marlin's, and STL takes the next 2...Brewers will be 1 game out when we face them for 4.
Oh, Marlin's had their share of Ump issues too last night. There was a discrepancy i hte lineup card given to the Marlin's. Mattingly questioned it...was shushed away. Then 7 runs get put up that inning. Turns out he WAS given an incorrect card but it was one a rookie Ump goofed on. The Brewers submitted a correct one so they are off the hook, but Marlins rec'd an incorrect one. Since error was by ump...not Brewers, inning stands. Don gets thrown out over it~do I see a pattern here?

on the lineup gaffe~
http://www.jsonline.com/

It’s not easy being the Marlins these days. They’ve been on the road since before Hurricane Irma hit, a trip that was extended four more days by moving this series to Miller Park. And it didn’t help that there was a lineup snafu during the Brewers’ eight-run outburst that eventually resulted in manager Don Mattingly getting ejected.

When the Brewers changed pitchers in the seventh, reliever Jared Hughes and catcher Manny Piña entered the game, straight up for the players they replaced. But home plate umpire Ryan Additon signaled to the scoreboard crew it was a double switch, flipping those spots. So, the Marlins thought Pina batted out of order when he singled after Thames’ one-out homer.

“In that situation, obviously we’re not going to penalize the Brewers for a mistake that was made by the umpire,” crew chief Bill Miller said. “Ryan tried to explain that he made the mistake, that Counsell had given him the straight changes instead of a double switch. On the lineup card, it showed a straight change and not a double switch.

“Donnie’s issue later was there was another change and he was still arguing the (first) change.”

so let me get this straight...in the Cubs game, Ump make a game changeing, possibly series changing mistake, 2 of our guys get tossed, one prob facing suspension.
Brewer's game Ump makes mistake, response is
obviously we’re not going to penalize the Brewers for a mistake that was made by the umpire,” crew chief Bill Miller said.

I said it before and will say it again. Cubs against the World....Embrace the Hate

Willy suspended 2 games, and fined. Lackey fined. Willy is appealing. Abolute B.S. Will most likely get it reduced to 1 but you can bet Cubs won't be able to select which one. They will rush the appeal as well, no doubt, so it hits during Brewer series. Willy can't play 4 in a row anyway, so it BETTER get reduced to one game.I don't think the MLB quite understands what they have just unleashed in Willy. Just gave him massive fuel for his fire. Cubs , I believe in you ~ LETS GO!!!
ADDIE ACTIVATED TODAY, AVAILABLE OFF THE BENCH...tells me Javy thumb an issue.

Todays lineup~AAJ in ther as I thought against
source.gif

LETS KICK SOME CARDINAL TAIL FEATHER'S TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

DJ29FBeVoAEdWeA.jpg:large

Last edited:
Someone want to explain to me how Harper literally punches a guy and get's 3 game susp...but a mask brushes an Umps shin guard and get's 2? Yeah, I know 2 so that it will be at least one after appeal , as 1 would result in only the fine...but we have STL, Brewers, STL. Pretty sure it won't be served vs TB.
Okay MLB...If that's how you want tp play, game on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter