• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It's sad that some folks can't distinguish between rooting FOR their team and being an obnoxious ******* to the other team.
Same thing when I went to Dolphins/Patriots game on new year's with my son & grandson. The pat fan that sat next to me was cheering when a Dolphin player got hurt. I said something and they eventually (thankfully) moved to a different area, but some of the other pats fans near me thought he was a total *** as well. Same thing with NY fans at Jets/Dolphins games, same thing with Philly fans just about anywhere I've ever been. Even though the Mets and Braves are a rivalry, I've not seen the Mets fans do that so thankful for at least some semblance of decency there. Obviously being drunk makes some folks more obnoxious, but I think it's more a factor of they're obnoxious to begin with, the alcohol just makes it more prevalent.
yeah...and I admit lowering myself instead of the high road, but messing with my kids was the last straw and I tried to go the correct route of the park personnel, but when you see them do nothing, all bets are off. I am sure Brewer fans are not thrilled with so many Cub fan's being there, but there were plenty of Brewer fan's at Wrigley 7/6..and they let us know it. At least they got a good show. Now they know how it feels after the Nats did the same to them.

Tonight's lineup~ Unleash the Righty Bat's!

Willson's been so awesome I devote today to him
giphy.gif

Somebody call Godzilla?

images
images
tumblr_os2zw6rAEK1qgsza6o4_540.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

and since Q is pitching.....

giphy.gif

DF2FRwgV0AAwYDf.jpg

Last edited:
yeah...and I admit lowering myself instead of the high road, but messing with my kids was the last straw and I tried to go the correct route of the park personnel, but when you see them do nothing, all bets are off. I am sure Brewer fans are not thrilled with so many Cub fan's being there, but there were plenty of Brewer fan's at Wrigley 7/6..and they let us know it. At least they got a good show. Now they know how it feels after the Nats did the same to them.
I wasn't suggesting you did anything wrong...momma bear took over...don't mess with momma bear or her CUB(bies) :lmao:

I had a moment at a football game but the other guy started it... My husband wasn't amused with me. :lmao:

It's frustrating when people don't remember this is a game and it's meant for enjoyment. No need to get personal and definitely no need to go after someone's kid. All bets are off at that point.

Now let's go Cubs. Kick some Brewer butt!

I had a moment at a football game but the other guy started it... My husband wasn't amused with me. :lmao:

It's frustrating when people don't remember this is a game and it's meant for enjoyment. No need to get personal and definitely no need to go after someone's kid. All bets are off at that point.

Not sure you had that quite right @Kewz1...that would be "Kick some BreWer butt!!!" :tongue:

Here we go again. Junk pitchers shutting us down. Brewers continue to bend us over. Nice effort by Q wasted by our guys.

Okie Dokie...I believe I jinxed Willie with my post. However, I knew the Brewers pitching was going to be a force to be reckoned with. From what I could catch here/there of the game, Suter put the pressure on from the get go with his pace. Our young guys maybe forget to step out to collect themselves. Hear Q got his first hit a a Cub and Javy's homer was crushed! I DID see JHey rob Braun of his homer, lol...omg...I loved EVERYTHING about that play, including Braun's helmet hissy fit. Some sloppy play cracked the window open just wide enough for the Brewers to capitalize. I have to say tho, it sounded like a really good game. We are still in first, and will be(at least tied) unless swept. I also heard that pitcher Robbie Ray took a line drive in the head tonight against STL. I hope he is ok...(and I know we face them next but still,not something you want to hear) Well, turn the page boys~none of the games from here on out are gong to be easy. I DVR'd the game, off to watch it. Lets get them tomorrow! (too bad Blazek isn't pitching...and that poor guy, how Counsell didn't pull him is mind boggling. Talk about destroying a pitcher's confidence). Kinda wish we had both Tommy and Miggy against tomorrows pitcher Guerra, they have done decent against him, but so has Willy.:thumbsup2 Hoping for Calm, Cool and K-out Kyle tomorrow! Shut down the Brewer momentum~they are riding high I'm sure...probably out trading for everything they can, lol.

SO I watched a FF version of the game, and I think Q did a pretty decent job. Shaw did nothing,(other than than dugout catch) Braun nothing, no action for them after the 4th. Cubs get 5 hits to Brewers 4, tho Q had more walks, but more K's. (And was it just me?, but Q looked like the Ump was squeezing him in the 5th and 6th) But, 2 errors ends up being 2 runs. Javy have butterfingers last night? That dang play at first on Perez, just a second too late. Suter was excellent, gotta say, How crazy is it that Q gets a hit off of him? That's the crazy game of baseball. I have to wonder if KB's pinkie is still bothering him or what is going on..thought maybe he would have thrown home on that Perez score/ play , but the sure out is also key. He just seems distracted or something this last week or so. Thrilled Javy clocked that off of Swarzak, a little payback in many ways. The Brewers plain out looked like they wanted it more last night, Suter really had an effect. Hats off to them and lets get it back tonight!

I am, however, going to take it as a compliment tot he Cubs that the Brewers are literally copying the Cubs in any way they can. Right down to last night. We have We have Ivy League Kyle, command guy Hendricks? They get Ivy League command guy Suter. This weekend looms large for what the Brewers do with the deadline. Actually, they will prob wait now on any other pitching and see what FA are left cheap and grab them in August. Like dollar beer night.

ETA~ Brewer's Blazek optioned back down, guess we don't get a turn. I actually feel bad for the guy.
Update on Robbie Ray..he is OK, some stitches and following concussion protocol but tests came back negative. :thumbsup2I thought when John Jay got hit the other night it was scary(& that was deflected from his shoulder)but wow, it is hard to watch the replay on Ray. Glad the outcome is a positive one, for sure.

Last edited:

RE: that line drive off the pitcher's head

Man, they really need to maybe start making those guys at least wear some padding that fits under the hat to help shield them. Someone is going to die one of these days.

Exactly. Watching Braun's childish helmet throw just solidifies the mentality. Any decent player would have tipped their hat, not throw their helmet.

Baez is God awful folks. The only thing he can hit are mistake pitches. When going up against major league pitching, he's an absolute joke. Really hoping Theo trades him because I'm getting tired of watching his pathetic strikeouts.

Secret Weapon deployed!

images
upload_2017-7-29_22-35-35.png
ILLINOIS BORDER LOL
images

JHEY AAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE WAY! SO HAPPY FOR HIM!!!!
Clutch bomb right over to the Cubs bullpen saying, y'all can get Wade now! Kyle, Brian, CJ, Pedro, Koji, Mike and Wade...STELLAR ARMS TONIGHT! KB big all night and Jon Jay...Theo, please, PLEASE FIND A WAY TO KEEP JAY!

saves for Wade-this is all I see when he takes the mound
images

STL lose~Pirate's lose~Brewer's lose~CUB'S WIN! CUB'S WIN! CUB'S WIN!

Last edited:
Lackey is gonna need to go 8 tomorrow AND keep it in the park, lol...challenge accepted. Duensing and Monty could both throw again, that leaves Hector and Grimm. Ima buy a Cubbie blindfold for Javy...I was actually expecting him to take one in the ribs for his looooong watch of his bomb yesterday, at least he would have gotten on. Altho he DID send another out that Perez stole. Javy tipped his helmet to Perez (think they are friends) something Braun could learn from. Schwarb's robbed on his bases loaded hit ~that was 110 mph. KB tho, coming through big tonight. Rizzo SO MAD when he was HBP, he wanted to have his at bat, and then Willy ends the inning. I wonder if Willy is still using Victor's bats..if not, GET THEM!Anyone mad about Willy's rocket to Rizzo to end the inning? Didn't think so. He did lay down a great bunt, almost. The whole game went that way tonight...could not catch a break. Let's get the W again tomorrow!

Last edited:
Just saw this on twitter, lol...
Joe Maddon "disappointed" in lack of contact/adjustments: "We have to get better with that, or we’re not going anywhere offensively."

This response is the best tweet ever:
Javiously

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just saw this on twitter, lol...
Joe Maddon "disappointed" in lack of contact/adjustments: "We have to get better with that, or we’re not going anywhere offensively."

This response is the best tweet ever:
Javiously

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'd rather see Henry Rowengartner at the plate than Baez.

Rizzo out with back soreness, Javy keeping him company. Maybe Riz can explain patience at the plate to Javy today?Vic on first~at least he should be able to handle Willy's rocket's, lol.

Lackey needs to keep it in the park and not put runners on with HBP. I expect the Brewers to NOT get out of the way of inside pitches.

PLAY LIKE YOUR HAIRS ON FIRE CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!
lackey-john-usnews-getty-ftr_fy4ubyfyzqg616ifxah5tfoyv.jpg

DF_kdhaXYAAe6RT.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter