CDN $ doing good today

@ this a.m.
SB 1.214
RBC 1.213
CAA TC 1.213
TD CT 1.211

Ouch!

Southwest Airlines just came off my Visa for our January flights - $1.227

Really can't complain at that rate and all 6 of us are flying for under $1000.

CIBC Platinum Visa - so I also get 2% cash back from my purchase!

excellent! TD and RBC are still crediting at 1.25 or 1.26 plus they add another 2-2.5% of the purchase cost. OUCH!

I just read an article that pretty much said that the dollar has stablized now and they will probably not reduce it much more until they can see how hard its hitting our economy. So much for getting it close to par :( Anyone else read anything different lately? Any thoughts on this?

thanks

I think the rates are going to stay around this for a while. Although disappointed the amount I will have saved on my variable mortgage because they won't go up more than offsets what I'd save on U.S. money so guess I'm not too upset ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Bought at 1.22-still not too bad when you consider what it was when we went last April and even this past October.

Yet again-ouch!
this a.m.
CAA TC 1.2469
SB 1.2471
RBC 1.2417
TD CT 1.245

Whoa- what is going on. Should I buy lots now or will it get better again?

According to my crystal-ball, the Us dollar is suppose to continue to get stronger over the next 3 days....but that same crystal ball is also known to lie from time to time.

There's a FED meeting tomorrow to annouce whether there is going to be an interest rate hike...if they don't raise the interest rate then the US $ will go down again. The US dollar did go down against other world currencies today and that might mean that's the direction it's going to head (downwards)....sorry can't give you a straight answer :rolleyes:

I am so mad at myself that i didn't buy american dollar when it was at .84 cents. That will teach me for being greedy. lol!!! I was hoping it would go higher, and I waited too long.

Still no improvement-
SB 1.2475
CAA TC 1.2503
TD CT 1.2545
RBC 1.2569

MaMudduck said:
According to my crystal-ball, the Us dollar is suppose to continue to get stronger over the next 3 days....but that same crystal ball is also known to lie from time to time.

There's a FED meeting tomorrow to annouce whether there is going to be an interest rate hike...if they don't raise the interest rate then the US $ will go down again. The US dollar did go down against other world currencies today and that might mean that's the direction it's going to head (downwards)....sorry can't give you a straight answer :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is wait until Monday to buy?

What happened???????

Even the Teller at the Bank was shocked!

Scratch
:earseek:

Ok...today the US FED raised interest rates...that means the US dollar is going to get stronger (we'll pay more). "The experts" say that long term the US$ will go back down next 3-6months. But until, at least the end of the year( 12/31/04) It should get stronger. So Janet, I would watch REAL close and get some soon.

My money is on that the US dollar is going up..."if you know what I mean" :rolleyes: :smooth: wink, wink, nudge nudge

Cost me 1269$ for 1000$ today(Wed) at the CIBC. I too am greedy it never pays to wait should have bought 10 days ago. On the otherhand gas is down 14 cents since last week!

The crystal says tomorrow should be aliitle better (CDN should go up) it probably won't be a huge difference but we maybe seeing a slight turn.

BTW- when gas & gold go up, the Toronto Stock exchange also moves up...sometimes helping the CDN $. When Gold goes up- the US dollars goes down. Gold down= US dollar up....( for all you traders reading this, I had put this in very basic terms...so please don't flame me over the true depths of the exchange rates :duck: )

The the time of writting: trading rate is 1.2247

This a.m.

CAA TC 1.2483
SB 1.245
RBC 1.2414
TD CT 1.241

a tiny bit better!

Thanks for all the help with this mom_rules...

You are the best... :cheer2:

Today's mid-level rate: (xe.com)

1 USD = 1.22017 CAD (or 0.819557 inverse)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter