CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

The person in question is contemplating changing from RO to a package. If they make this change after March 19 (or 16, or whatever the last date to get the gift cards actually is), it's considered a new reservation and therefore, probably ineligible for the gift cards.
My bad....

My bad....

Packages haven't been released yet for February 2018. So I can't book a package before tomorrow. I guess you can't just add on to a room reservation without changing it completely? I emailed Disney so I guess I'll just see what they say. We definitely will not be staying at Caribbean Beach resort without the gift card offer.

Totally agree-Uncompensated Guests will find out about the GCs-it is inevitable!:)

You just know there is going to be A LOT of conversation among CBR Guests about the state of the Resort and,as another example to "piggyback" on your excellent ones-a Compensated Guest could say to an Uncompensated Guest "I know what you mean-we miss having Shutters available also,but at least Disney tried to compensate everybody by giving Guests the GCs.".

To which Uncompensated Guest will reply-WHAT GC?!!!!":)

Should be very interesting to be a Front Desk CM during the Refurb!:)

Agreed. On the otherhand, I assume guests who book after march 20 will get free dining and those who got gift cards will not.Then nobody can complain.I feel this would be unfair cuz o booked cbr almost a year ago and didnt just do it suddenly cuz the gift cards came out.I feel I should get free dining not someone who booked last week.

Totally agree-Uncompensated Guests will find out about the GCs-it is inevitable!:)

You just know there is going to be A LOT of conversation among CBR Guests about the state of the Resort and,as another example to "piggyback" on your excellent ones-a Compensated Guest could say to an Uncompensated Guest "I know what you mean-we miss having Shutters available also,but at least Disney tried to compensate everybody by giving Guests the GCs.".

To which Uncompensated Guest will reply-WHAT GC?!!!!":)

Should be very interesting to be a Front Desk CM during the Refurb!:)
I have never had a conversation with another guest about a resort while I'm there. I think any who do this would be very unusual. And much like no employee should ever compare compensation with another employee a guest of a resort should never compare their rate, or add ons, with another guest. What about the guest who got a PIN code and got a special deal on free dining, with dates that another guest got. There is just no way that Disney can be expected to give guest A what guest B got. Any guest who complains because they didn't get what someone else got is just a complainer. Sorry.

I'm not sure about that. I had a room only reservation, purchased my tickets separately. I still received the email advising of the $75 gift card.
This does not make a package

I have never had a conversation with another guest about a resort while I'm there. I think any who do this would be very unusual. And much like no employee should ever compare compensation with another employee a guest of a resort should never compare their rate, or add ons, with another guest. What about the guest who got a PIN code and got a special deal on free dining, with dates that another guest got. There is just no way that Disney can be expected to give guest A what guest B got. Any guest who complains because they didn't get what someone else got is just a complainer. Sorry.

It happened to me more than once and I don't think there is anything unusual about it. People talk and compare notes all the time.

:thumbsup2 I didn't book my airfare for May right when SW released their flights. So I'm sure I'm paying more for my flights than someone else. Nothing unfair about it. It's just how it is in the travel industry. There are always people paying different rates, wether it is for airfare or hotel rooms. Just the way it is.

And I have never compared my airfare with the person sitting next to me on the plane, either! ;)

:thumbsup2 I didn't book my airfare for May right when SW released their flights. So I'm sure I'm paying more for my flights than someone else. Nothing unfair about it. It's just how it is in the travel industry. There are always people paying different rates, wether it is for airfare or hotels rooms. Just the way it is.

And I have never compared my airfare with the person sitting next to me, either! ;)

I think that there is a difference between scoring a discount and getting compensated for inconvenience.

I don't compare airfare rates with strangers, but I have to say that on a good day I can chat with a rock, so on vacation, parked in a lounge somehow I end up in conversations with people. I can bet that if I was chatting, the state of a resort under construction might come up if I was staying there, and if I found out that somehow I was not offered compensation and I booked in the same timeframe as my new friend, i might be upset.

I dont care if someone got a better discount than I got, I think that is the luck of the draw. If I booked at a discounted rate so the whole gift card thing was moot, I would not care about that. If I am not entitled to something, that is that. I woudl care if during the course of my conversation I found out somehow I was not treated the same as my neighbors under the same circumstances.

It happened to me more than once and I don't think there is anything unusual about it. People talk and compare notes all the time.
Clearly some have more nerve than me. We talk to other guests a lot. DH can make a conversation with a duck (and has) but we sure don't ask someone what they paid for their room. That's just rude. Sorry. If someone ask me that, or asked what special promotion we got, I'd tell them they were being rude and it's none of their business.

Clearly some have more nerve than me. We talk to other guests a lot. DH can make a conversation with a duck (and has) but we sure don't ask someone what they paid for their room. That's just rude. Sorry. If someone ask me that, or asked what special promotion we got, I'd tell them they were being rude and it's none of their business.

LOL! Of course not! However....you are chatting and the subject of resort construction pops up. Inconveniences and compensation might as well. I would never tell what I paid for the room, but I might share if I was given a gift card to compensate. I am not a rude person, at least I never thought I was, but somehow people tell me things too. Maybe its the wine...... LOL!

There is also the power of the internet at work here.

As an example... Last summer I did a 12-night Med/Venice cruise on RCCL. Reports from previous years did indicate a shuttle charge for Ravenna as it was a good 20-30 minute drive from the port. BUT the first cruise on that itinerary came back and reported that there was NO charge for the shuttle. As a result, many of us did not exactly budget for it. Well, we get on a later cruise and SURPRISE! there is a charge for the shuttle! I mentioned this in an email to RCCL after - with good and bad (the charge was in the bad) - and their response was "the port changed their minds and decided to charge the fee. I pointed out that in this age of the internet (and knowing that they have people who monitor social media, so they had to know that the "no charge" info was floating out there in cyberspace) they should not have been surprised that the information of no charge had been put on the internet and it would have been a good-faith move on their part to just absorb the charge for the rest of the season (it was "only" like $22/person, but still...) and then next year tell the port they needed to decide by the first cruise about a charge and whatever it was on that first cruise would be the rule for the rest of the season. I got no money back, but I do hope that perhaps my feedback made them realize just how pervasive social media is in today's world.

So it's not just in conversation but in social media such as this or FB that the information gets disseminated.

I will say, that in other countries it is absolutely not considered rude to compare notes on what rates etc. you got, and is even considered an initial icebreaker in the conversation! WDW has lots of international guests, so it would be crazy to think this won't come up between guests.

Like others have said, it's something that comes up in conversation or is overheard and not anything that I have interpreted as rudeness.

For example, on the bus to our resort in Cuba, we got to chatting with the couple behind us. He said "we weren't planning on going anywhere this year but my wife found an incredible deal to this resort that we just couldn't pass up." Having also gotten a good deal, I said "I know right? I couldn't believe it." It went on from there.

Or when we were at Disney World one time waiting in line at a quick service location talking to another guest in line. I handed my key to the room card over to the cashier and said to DH "gotta love free dining" which the other guest overheard and started asking me questions about. She knew nothing about it.

I think that there is a difference between scoring a discount and getting compensated for inconvenience.

I don't compare airfare rates with strangers, but I have to say that on a good day I can chat with a rock, so on vacation, parked in a lounge somehow I end up in conversations with people. I can bet that if I was chatting, the state of a resort under construction might come up if I was staying there, and if I found out that somehow I was not offered compensation and I booked in the same timeframe as my new friend, i might be upset.

I dont care if someone got a better discount than I got, I think that is the luck of the draw. If I booked at a discounted rate so the whole gift card thing was moot, I would not care about that. If I am not entitled to something, that is that. I woudl care if during the course of my conversation I found out somehow I was not treated the same as my neighbors under the same circumstances.
Yes,couldn't agree more.:)

It's apples and oranges.

There is no comparison between normal Resort DISCOUNTS and COMPENSATION in the form of a GIFT CARD for a less than normal Guest Resort experience.

Everybody understands that Resort Discounts are limited in nature and that not everyone will get one,but COMPENSATION should be for EVERYONE staying at the Resort under the diminished Resort conditions.

There are definitely going to be some unhappy uncompensated campers at CBR!lol:)

LOL! Of course not! However....you are chatting and the subject of resort construction pops up. Inconveniences and compensation might as well. I would never tell what I paid for the room, but I might share if I was given a gift card to compensate. I am not a rude person, at least I never thought I was, but somehow people tell me things too. Maybe its the wine...... LOL!
Perfectly stated.:)

Has Disney ever given gift cards during construction before?
I,personally, have never heard of it happening before,but this is also the first time I'm aware of that a Resort's Full Service Restaurant,Food Court,Merchandise Shop and Pool Bar have all been "down" at the same time.

That is why Disney felt the need to offer Compensation to Guests.

I,personally, have never heard of it happening before,but this is also the first time I'm aware of that a Resort's Full Service Restaurant,Food Court,Merchandise Shop and Pool Bar have all been "down" at the same time.

Free dining for all who booked before march 20 i s what I hope! The GC'S are not a bona fide discount in my opinion as others have stated. Lets wait and see.

That is why Disney felt the need to offer Compensation to Guests.

Has Disney ever given gift cards during construction before?
When WL feature pool was closed in the fall of 2014 they were offering free water park tickets or a $50 per night room credit-we took the room credit. I found out about it on disboards and knew to ask-it was really only a "give it to them if they ask situation"

As of today, CBR is not planning on being included in any discounts for the rest of 2017. Currently they are well over their targeted occupancy rate. If a resort is near or over the target occupancy rate they are not included in discounts. That's why POFQ and Little Mermaid rooms are usually excluded, they always hit their number without it.

Can't wait to see what happens when everyone starts cancelling if/ when they don't offer free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter