• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cast Member at Soft Serve Station

L+JDisneyFans

Earning My Ears
Is there still a Cast Member stationed in front of the soft serve machine on the ships?

We are cruising on the Fantasy in late November and would like to make our own cones without supervision (or judgment :) ).

We recently got off the Wonder and there was a CM at the Ice cream station. Not exactly sure about the Fantasy.

Back in June, there wasn't a CM at the soft serve spot on the Fantasy. We made many cones/cups for ourselves.

I know there are times they will staff those locations (if there has been some noro cases recently, etc.)

We had a CM on the Magic in September.

Even when you do it yourself, there will be a CM nearby cleaning. He will see how often you are there and what you do. (And so can other guests who also love soft serve 😉 )

And very likely... the cm will not care one bit if you take one or one hundred soft serves on the cruise. He will have forgotten all about you the moment you disembark.

Even if he was going to gossip about you in the break room, so what? You don't know him, you might never see them again.

We had a CM on the Magic in September.

Even when you do it yourself, there will be a CM nearby cleaning. He will see how often you are there and what you do. (And so can other guests who also love soft serve 😉 )

And very likely... the cm will not care one bit if you take one or one hundred soft serves on the cruise. He will have forgotten all about you the moment you disembark.

Even if he was going to gossip about you in the break room, so what? You don't know him, you might never see them again.
X-2,,,,,,,,Just like Cabana's, there are CM's at every station and I doubt they are counting whether you take 5 shrimp or 50..

I sailed end of Sept. on the Dream - there was a CM back there but they didn't make the cones for you.

You can make your own on the fantasy was on there in May and 2 weeks ago. Their might be a cast member monitoring the machines but your free to make your own.

(or judgment :) ).

For all they know you have 15 kids on board you are getting ice cream for.

Having worked in hospitality in the past I would find it more enjoyable to see someone who loves soft serve coming up every hour each day.

I do understand your concern but remember this is the same crew that will have someone order 5 apps, 4 main courses, and 2 desserts at dinner. So if it helps just remember no matter how much you get of something or how often you do something they likely have witnessed someone get or do it more.

Oh and by the way the things we remember are typically the crazy dumb people. What stands out to me is someone who stole a golf cart, drove it around all night, and crashed it in to a sand bunker OR the guy that knocked on the wrong rooms thinking they got locked out then ended up sleeping in the linen closet for housekeeping.

I remember on my last cruise a bunch of 12 year old boys really wreaking havoc on the poor soft serve machine. Turned my stomach and I walked away and just got a soda instead.

We were on the Wish at the end of Sept and the cruise director mentioned at our last show at night that our cruisers really liked ice cream. I did notice some flavours gone.

I got to Watch a lady in May try to get ice cream that was off and didn’t even have the handles on it….. one of those what am I watching moments….

There were occasionally cast members in the area on the Fantasy sailing last week but never serving anyone, it was all self serve. I saw them help kids a couple times when they needed it. I think their role now is just to ensure things are in good shape with the machines and any messes are cleaned up.

As long as I can still get my cup of soft serve to add milk to for my milkshakes I am happy. Just don't like when I am forced to take a cone...cones make for messy shakes ;)

As long as I can still get my cup of soft serve to add milk to for my milkshakes I am happy. Just don't like when I am forced to take a cone...cones make for messy shakes ;)
Just make sure and take a cup from the drink station with you.

Reactions: NAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter