Cass, Rob & Kira - July 2022 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise - Worth the covid!

Just found your TR yesterday and read through the whole thing. I have read a few of your TR's before and always enjoyed them. This sounded like an awesome cruise! You got some great pics and videos. I have to say I was very jealous of all your wildlife sightings especially the whales. I went on an Alaska cruise/land tour in 2018 (Princess) and saw No whales, dolphins, bears, etc. Actually, I have been on many cruises over the years and have only seen Dolphins maybe twice. There was a whale sighting the one day when I was out on the pool deck (doing work...) but I missed it. We saw lots of eagles, sheep, moose (both male and female, plus a baby) and a caribou but those were during the Land part of our trip.

Originally I saw the September trip first but went back to the July one when I saw that link. Going back to the September one now. Looking forward to that one.

YEA!!!! That is a "good lie". Off to read the new report.

Hahahaha, right? Hope you enjoyed! :goodvibes

Just found your TR yesterday and read through the whole thing. I have read a few of your TR's before and always enjoyed them. This sounded like an awesome cruise! You got some great pics and videos. I have to say I was very jealous of all your wildlife sightings especially the whales. I went on an Alaska cruise/land tour in 2018 (Princess) and saw No whales, dolphins, bears, etc. Actually, I have been on many cruises over the years and have only seen Dolphins maybe twice. There was a whale sighting the one day when I was out on the pool deck (doing work...) but I missed it. We saw lots of eagles, sheep, moose (both male and female, plus a baby) and a caribou but those were during the Land part of our trip.

Originally I saw the September trip first but went back to the July one when I saw that link. Going back to the September one now. Looking forward to that one.

Well, that is just sad! The wildlife is the best part of the cruise! I feel like all my cruises now are so boring...I look out and there's nothing to spot! :sad::laughing: The September one was even better for whale spotting!! :lovestruc

Congrats on the new puppy!

I was hoping you were going to write about your other Canadian trip. Didn’t you go out of New York ?

Going on the Magic out of Galveston on Friday. Dreading flying Air Canada out of Toronto after the Christmas weekend mess. My husband bought trackers to put in the suitcases.

We are cruising Alaska in June and trying to work out my budget. Do you recall how much any of these items were? More specifically the scarf, gloves, hat, headband and slipper socks. All help appreciated.
DCL-Alaska-Merch-Hats-Gloves-Scarf-Headband_20190709-1024x683.jpg

We are cruising Alaska in June and trying to work out my budget. Do you recall how much any of these items were? More specifically the scarf, gloves, hat, headband and slipper socks. All help appreciated.
The slipper socks were $15 last summer. I did buy the scarf but can’t recall the price, maybe it was $20. I’m not sure about the others.

Congrats on the new puppy!

I was hoping you were going to write about your other Canadian trip. Didn’t you go out of New York ?

Going on the Magic out of Galveston on Friday. Dreading flying Air Canada out of Toronto after the Christmas weekend mess. My husband bought trackers to put in the suitcases.

I sailed two Bermuda cruises out of NYC in October but that was with friends, so no trip report.

How was your cruise???

DCL-Alaska-Merch-Hats-Gloves-Scarf-Headband_20190709-1024x683.jpg

The socks were $15, the hat was $25, the earmuffs were $30 and I am fairly certain that the scarf and gloves were $25 each. Sorry, I can't find my receipts so I don't know 100% but I am sure others here will know. :goodvibes

I sailed two Bermuda cruises out of NYC in October but that was with friends, so no trip report.

How was your cruise???

Cruise was great. The ship is so small compared to my favourite Fantasy . Plus we were on the Wish in Sept. Kept thinking I had to go up more floors when I was already on 9….lol We we’re on the 8th deck. Never went in an elevator. we did our first 5 cruises on the Magic but this is the first time since they did all the changes. Changes were great. The Oceaner Club grow it was cool compared to what it was. Even Cabanas how did they make it so big from what it was. Felt like I was on a new ship…lol Now I need to do the Wonder it has gone thru changes too.

Our server was sick the first night , than the family beside us dropped off by 2 . The father and daughter said they were the last ones standing. Last night got a cough , thought it was a cold . It was not , it was Covid.

All good now have a cruise booked for Dec. taking the kids this time if all works out since both now work full time.

Cruise was great. The ship is so small compared to my favourite Fantasy . Plus we were on the Wish in Sept. Kept thinking I had to go up more floors when I was already on 9….lol We we’re on the 8th deck. Never went in an elevator. we did our first 5 cruises on the Magic but this is the first time since they did all the changes. Changes were great. The Oceaner Club grow it was cool compared to what it was. Even Cabanas how did they make it so big from what it was. Felt like I was on a new ship…lol Now I need to do the Wonder it has gone thru changes too.

Our server was sick the first night , than the family beside us dropped off by 2 . The father and daughter said they were the last ones standing. Last night got a cough , thought it was a cold . It was not , it was Covid.

All good now have a cruise booked for Dec. taking the kids this time if all works out since both now work full time.

Oh no, sorry about the covid. :sad1: Glad you still had a good cruise though. :flower:

My first four cruises were on the Magic and after a long break from her, I did two cruises on her in October and I can still say that the Wonder is my fave, by far! I didn't realize how many little things were different between the Magic and the Wonder but after 7 cruises on the Wonder, you notice the details. :magnify:

I have zero desire to go on the Wish, other than for research/work purposes. I don't care for what they did to the Quiet Cove area on the Dream/Fantasy and it's much worse on the Wish! No thanks! :crazy2:

Looks great for families with young kids though! :thumbsup2

Super late to the party, but enjoyed your trip report as always!!
Zaldy was our server on our very first Disney cruise in 2017.
Sorry about the Covid, but other than that, the trip looked amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter