Cass, Rob & Kira - July 2022 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise - Worth the covid!

An amazing trip report with such great photographs. :lovestruc Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us. I'm sorry you had to miss Ketchikan and I would probably be one of the people that was really disappointed, as I doubt we would do more than one Alaska cruise, but I get it that they can't do anything about it. I'm glad you get a do-over trip, and now you have that discount to apply to one in the future. :teeth:

How did your route differ exactly?

How was your food?

For my next cruise, we are all the way in the back and we won't be upgrading, should be interesting! :rolleyes::goodvibes
We went way further east and in the main ocean instead of the inside passage. I only heard part of the announcement outlining the exact route change.

The food was good. I thought the restaurants were normal quality. Not amazing, not awful. The steaks were all cooked perfectly which was a lovely treat.

Oh my goodness, I think this last video is my favourite :love: You do SUCH a good job with these videos!!! Been lovely going back to Alaska with you ;-)

Thanks to life being way too busy, I am slowly moving through your trip report.

358.jpg
Kira is so bloody cute and I am glad she still love stuffies. Better than our daughter who tries to collect live animals...
Kira was back around 12:30am. As much as we missed seeing her, it was really nice knowing that she was having a great cruise. :goodvibes
They grow up too quickly. Alaska was one of our daughter's favorite cruises. Sadly, at 24, she no longer wants to cruise with us.
I actually asked for them dry, I like wings but not saucy ones.
Good to know. I do not like the sauce DCL uses so now I know to order "dry".
We booked this cruise pretty last minute and we hadn't planned on any excursions. They are super pricey and many of them are all-day long kind of treks, something that none of us are interested in. We like the ship, We cruise for the ship. I know many people cruise for the ports but we don't. We like to see the ports but we are mostly happy just to walk around see stuff on our own.
We are ship people or knock around the port on our own. When we do go on DCL excursions, we tend to be disappointed.
Used to be Green Jeep. We rented them "way back when (a long time ago)", actually got a green jeep, a few bottles of water and a map, no audio tape. Not sure if we were supposed to get an audio tape but we did enjoy our day of driving about.

An amazing trip report with such great photographs. :lovestruc Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us. I'm sorry you had to miss Ketchikan and I would probably be one of the people that was really disappointed, as I doubt we would do more than one Alaska cruise, but I get it that they can't do anything about it. I'm glad you get a do-over trip, and now you have that discount to apply to one in the future. :teeth:

Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

It was a bummer, we were so looking forward to Ketchikan but it was such an amazing cruise and we are relatively close, we knew we would be back. Maybe not THIS soon but yeah. :rolleyes1:lmao:

We went way further east and in the main ocean instead of the inside passage. I only heard part of the announcement outlining the exact route change.

The food was good. I thought the restaurants were normal quality. Not amazing, not awful. The steaks were all cooked perfectly which was a lovely treat.

Oh wow, okay! We went way east as well, not our intended path for the last part. I am so glad the food was good for you! I am going to order my beef differently next week and I might try a few new things. :earboy2:

Awesome TR! :thanks:

Thank you!!! :hug:

Great Video, Cass! Loved Rob and Kira's Platinum ceremony!! 🤣 😂:sail:

Hahaha, I knew you would! :earboy2: It was pretty cute, I was laughing behind the camera. :lmao:

Loving the vids as always!!

Thanks! I really love making them, it's like my trip isn't really over until they are all done. ::yes::

Oh my goodness, I think this last video is my favourite :love: You do SUCH a good job with these videos!!! Been lovely going back to Alaska with you ;-)

That's so funny that you say that because the last one was my least favourite. :rotfl2: We didn't do anything except sit on the verandah, eat and nap. :rotfl:

I'm glad we both got to do that cruise this year! Maybe one day we will be on an Alaskan cruise together. :goodvibes

Thanks to life being way too busy, I am slowly moving through your trip report.

Kira is so bloody cute and I am glad she still love stuffies. Better than our daughter who tries to collect live animals...

They grow up too quickly. Alaska was one of our daughter's favorite cruises. Sadly, at 24, she no longer wants to cruise with us.

Good to know. I do not like the sauce DCL uses so now I know to order "dry".

We are ship people or knock around the port on our own. When we do go on DCL excursions, we tend to be disappointed.

Used to be Green Jeep. We rented them "way back when (a long time ago)", actually got a green jeep, a few bottles of water and a map, no audio tape. Not sure if we were supposed to get an audio tape but we did enjoy our day of driving about.

Take your time, there's no rush. :thumbsup2

We have a billion stuffies in our house! I've already given a couple of bags away to the fire department and still have tons left! :eek:

That's sad that she doesn't want to cruise with you anymore. :sad1:

I ordered them dry but they didn't come that way. :rolleyes2

Same about the excursions, I loathe going on the DCL ones!

Oh wow, I didn't know that about the Jeep place! We're still bummed we didn't get a Jeep on the Jeep tour (JP reference :p) but we had so much fun that day, it's hard to complain about it. :flower:

Again cass
What a great trip report
so glad this time around Kira enjoyed the clubs
your pictures are so beautiful I can only imagine in person how beautiful the scenery is .
already looking forward to your next TR
sorry for you 3 getting all covid that is no fun

I love your reports! Just found this one today and have just gotten though the first page, but had to comment. Our last big trip before Covid was our July 2019 Alaskan cruise on DCL. My daughters were 15 and 17 at the time and it was probably the best family vacation we’ve had … it was over 3 years ago and sometimes I still pull up the pictures.

And now I’ve finished your report … what a great trip! Sorry you missed Ketchican, but great call on switching rooms at the beginning of the trip with those propeller issues. The scenery is gorgeous - loved all your pictures! Thanks for taking the time time to write this up for us!

Thanks Cass for the amazing trip,report. I loved your Skagway photos. It brought back memories of our trip up that highway. Next time we will definitely go to Whitehorse, Can’t wait to hear about your make-up cruise. Also, do you keep a online/app diary on the cruise of your trip or do the photos help you remember what happened.

Again cass
What a great trip report
so glad this time around Kira enjoyed the clubs
your pictures are so beautiful I can only imagine in person how beautiful the scenery is .
already looking forward to your next TR
sorry for you 3 getting all covid that is no fun

Thank you! :flower:

I was able to do this sailing again a couple weeks ago and did not come home with covid this time. :woohoo:

I love your reports! Just found this one today and have just gotten though the first page, but had to comment. Our last big trip before Covid was our July 2019 Alaskan cruise on DCL. My daughters were 15 and 17 at the time and it was probably the best family vacation we’ve had … it was over 3 years ago and sometimes I still pull up the pictures.

Awww, that's awesome! So far, it has been my favourite family trip too. ::yes::

And now I’ve finished your report … what a great trip! Sorry you missed Ketchican, but great call on switching rooms at the beginning of the trip with those propeller issues. The scenery is gorgeous - loved all your pictures! Thanks for taking the time time to write this up for us!

We've only ever upgraded a few times before, this was the best decision ever! Thanks for much for reading and taking the time to comment. :goodvibes

Thanks Cass for the amazing trip,report. I loved your Skagway photos. It brought back memories of our trip up that highway. Next time we will definitely go to Whitehorse, Can’t wait to hear about your make-up cruise. Also, do you keep a online/app diary on the cruise of your trip or do the photos help you remember what happened.

Thanks! I don't keep any notes at all, I have a really good memory most of the time and the photos help me jog it when it's not so great. ;)

I guess I should write up a little comparison post eh? :scratchin

Great review! Always enjoy reading them!

Thanks for reading and commenting! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter