Caskbill's DVC Tracker

IndianaMouseLover

Mouseketeer
I absolutely love Caskbill's DVC tracker. I was on the website looking for the new release version 1.76 to see if it was available. I noticed on the website for the programs is states "This pre-release version expires 8/1/2007" referring to program version 1.75. What does this mean after today for all of my data and points data I have saved? Does the program cease to function?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

I believe Caskbill announced that things were going more slowly than he originally anticipated about a week ago. The current software should continue to work until the next release is available. If memory serves me correctly the next release will be in the late part of 2007.

I was actually on his site last night and he will release "Pre-release version 1.76" in Aug '07 to be used till the Full version is ready/

-Matt

I believe Caskbill announced that things were going more slowly than he originally anticipated about a week ago. The current software should continue to work until the next release is available. If memory serves me correctly the next release will be in the late part of 2007.

Nope! Its does not work. Mine version (1.75) shows expired and indicated that I will have to to upgrade to version 1.8. The download site link for the website is still version 1.75. How does one aquire version 1.76?

Nope! Its does not work. Mine version (1.75) shows expired and indicated that I will have to to upgrade to version 1.8. The download site link for the website is still version 1.75. How does one aquire version 1.76?

According to his site, 1.76 will be sometime this month.

-Matt

According to his site, 1.76 will be sometime this month.

-Matt
Actually it indicates "August 2007", not sure if that means August 1st, August 31st or sometime in betweem, but I know he is working hard to refine the final version.

I am glad someone asked this. I love mine and check it for the count down every morning :)
I looked on 8/1 and it said it had expired and I also was unable to find the new version. Subscribing-hoping the announcement will be posted here!

This was posted on the planning site and may provide more insight.

Bill has been away from home for several weeks now. I know he's been working on getting the update ready for release and I expect that he'll have another download available as soon as he gets home (I think it will be next week). He still has some work to do on the final release, but is planning to have that ready ASAP.

He is without internet access at this time on his trip, so may not see this for a few days. Regardless, the program will be worth waiting for! :)

Stay tuned.

If you really need to see your DVC tracker data but find that it doesn't work after 8/1, you can reset your system calendar (lower right on taskbar) to a date prior to 8/1. Just remember to reset your calendar after you are done.

Actually it indicates "August 2007", not sure if that means August 1st, August 31st or sometime in betweem, but I know he is working hard to refine the final version.

Not to split hairs, but isn't that what I said? ;) :laughing:

-Matt

Not to split hairs, but isn't that what I said? ;) :laughing:

-Matt
To use you term “Not to split hairs”

No that is not what you said; Here is your quote "According to his site, 1.76 will be sometime this month", which is different from “August 2007”. In my business, many say that you shall qualify your date otherwise you are held to the earliest possible date based on the information given. Try defending it in a court of law. If you do not qualify “August 2007” you can be held to August 1st was meant to be my point. It’s not a big deal and maybe I just didn’t explain it well enough. Let’s end this here and recononize Caskbill's efforts to provide DVC members a great professional product. Also, I think we can take this as good fun…..

To use you term “Not to split hairs”

No that is not what you said; Here is your quote "According to his site, 1.76 will be sometime this month", which is different from “August 2007”. In my business, many say that you shall qualify your date otherwise you are held to the earliest possible date based on the information given. Try defending it in a court of law. If you do not qualify “August 2007” you can be held to August 1st was meant to be my point. It’s not a big deal and maybe I just didn’t explain it well enough. Let’s end this here and recononize Caskbill's efforts to provide DVC members a great professional product. Also, I think we can take this as good fun…..

Okay, now this is silly. Since I posted my message on Aug 2nd and I said "sometime this month" that would mean anytime in the month of Aug. I am sorry if you inferred that I meant Aug 1st. I was also trying to keep it light hearted with the ;) and the :laughing: but I guess I struck out there as well. :rolleyes:

As for Caskbill, he is a genius in my book. There isn't a night that goes by that I don't crunch my points with the Planner in an attempt to get the most out of my points.

-Matt

Okay, now this is silly. Since I posted my message on Aug 2nd and I said "sometime this month" that would mean anytime in the month of Aug. I am sorry if you inferred that I meant Aug 1st. I was also trying to keep it light hearted with the ;) and the :laughing: but I guess I struck out there as well. :rolleyes:

As for Caskbill, he is a genius in my book. There isn't a night that goes by that I don't crunch my points with the Planner in an attempt to get the most out of my points.

-Matt

Ok...Ok... I do agree that this is silly. Remember you started this by your response to my post. My last post pointed out that what you wrote and what you said was not consistant. I offered to end this but you gave me another fastball right down the middle. Let me offer this perspective and feel free to respond to me in private, (after all I do want to end this).[/I]:

I'm an excited new DVD member and looking at a good way to manage my DVC portfolio. Wow! DVC Tracker by Caskbill!!!! I’m on the download site and see that I can use version 1.76 (August 2007) to manage my DVC. It’s August 2nd and I hit the download link and start the download. After 25 mins and let me state that I have dialup only and it cost me long distant charges per min. You know I live in rural Montana and don’t have broadband. I install only to find that I have version 1.75 which is expired. Now I’m confused, isn’t August 2nd part of (August 2007)??? Now what do I do……, wait till August 10th or maybe August 15th or August 31st. OK, I’ll wait till Sept 1st, just to be safe, otherwise GIVE ME THE DATE because I do not want to spend another 25 mins and $$ for long distant charges.
As anyone can read, I offered to end this and do not want to redirect the sprit of this thread. I work with programers and have spent hrs programing myself so I can see the long hrs and professional effort that Caskbill has spent on this product. I have offered my complete support to Caskbill for this product and will be first in line to purchase the final version.
BTW, I enjoy lively, entertaining debates. I just do not want to contaminate the debate with the intent of the thread. As I have said and agree, Caskbill is a genusis and has an excellent product. Lets not forget that…..

I would like to purchase the final version also but.....if I do and a new version comes out do I than have to purchase that?

Or are upgrades free?:confused3

Hi Everyone:

We've been on 'vacation' since June 22nd. Due to a number of reasons, v1.80, which will be the final release, is taking longer than planned. Some issues were the opening of AKV with the multitude of villa combinations, and also issues with those running Windows Vista.

I tried to get v1.76, as a 2nd interim version, ready before vacation, but it was still too buggy by the time we left, so I didn't make it available yet. I do expect to get 1.76 ready sometime before the end of August (no 'official' date). 1.76 will still be free and will import 1.75 data for those of you who have been using the first pre-release version.

At this point I expect to have v1.80 by the end of the year. Users of 1.75 and/or 1.76 will be able to import their data into 1.80, at the appropriate user 'level'.

Anyone who purchases an upgrade for the final release program (1.80) will be able to import their 1.80 data into any future TBD releases. (As new resorts are added, maybe CRV?). Users will be at the same 'level' in future releases as they had purchased in any prior releases.

Note the version available on-line is still version v1.75 which has actually expired. I tried to upgrade the web page last month, but for some reason it isn't working from the laptop. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm back on the Desktop computer.

As mentioned, if anyone wants to check anything they've put into v1.75, they can temporarily change their computer's date to July 31st or earlier. (Don't forget to set it back again)

Sorry for any confusion about the various versions.

Caskbill

Hi Everyone:

We've been on 'vacation' since June 22nd. Due to a number of reasons, v1.80, which will be the final release, is taking longer than planned. Some issues were the opening of AKV with the multitude of villa combinations, and also issues with those running Windows Vista.

I tried to get v1.76, as a 2nd interim version, ready before vacation, but it was still too buggy by the time we left, so I didn't make it available yet. I do expect to get 1.76 ready sometime before the end of August (no 'official' date). 1.76 will still be free and will import 1.75 data for those of you who have been using the first pre-release version.

At this point I expect to have v1.80 by the end of the year. Users of 1.75 and/or 1.76 will be able to import their data into 1.80, at the appropriate user 'level'.

Anyone who purchases an upgrade for the final release program (1.80) will be able to import their 1.80 data into any future TBD releases. (As new resorts are added, maybe CRV?). Users will be at the same 'level' in future releases as they had purchased in any prior releases.

Note the version available on-line is still version v1.75 which has actually expired. I tried to upgrade the web page last month, but for some reason it isn't working from the laptop. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm back on the Desktop computer.

As mentioned, if anyone wants to check anything they've put into v1.75, they can temporarily change their computer's date to July 31st or earlier. (Don't forget to set it back again)

Sorry for any confusion about the various versions.

Caskbill

Caskbill,

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2 I greatly appreciate your hard work to provide these ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL PROGRAMS to us!:goodvibes

Enjoy your vacation and we all will be just fine changing our clocks to use the program until the new is available.

Thanks again!!!!!!:)

If you really need to see your DVC tracker data but find that it doesn't work after 8/1, you can reset your system calendar (lower right on taskbar) to a date prior to 8/1. Just remember to reset your calendar after you are done.

Before you change the date on your computer, you should close any appointment or schedule-related programs (Microsoft Outlook, for instance). That will avoid having any problems with appointments and alarms when you change the date back and forth. If you're not sure what programs might be affected, simply close everything, and only open DVC-Tracker while the date is changed.

Peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter