Career Start Fall 2009

Hello!

My name is Jaime Ray Soto. Feel free to look me up on FB and I have a vlog on Youtube, JaimesDisneyBlog. I check-in for the Disney CareerStart Program on February 11th. I hope to be extending into the Fall.

1. The application you printed is not for Fall '09. It is for the current Spring program which is full. It wont be till late February till mid-March till they start applying for Fall '09.

2. Disney states on the CareerStart site that they expect this to be the first job experience for some people. So having no job experience is fine. I would definitely put down babysitting.

Wait so do I have to print a new application when the fall video presentation is shown? What if I looked at the application and it is the same exact one that I previously filled out earlier this school year?

Another thing what do I do about the health insurance?

Wait so do I have to print a new application when the fall video presentation is shown? What if I looked at the application and it is the same exact one that I previously filled out earlier this school year?

Another thing what do I do about the health insurance?

I remember filling out the on for this fall season, then the spring one looked very similar, but were a little different. Also you never know if the Role Checklist could change. Don't send in the one you have yet, till they post the stuff for the Fall. Everything that is up now is from this Spring session. They will not start accepting applications and scheduling interviews till after they start doing it for the College Program. I believe they posted everything for CareerStart Spring 2009 a week after the CP site did.

I want to go to college for Musical Theatre but I feel like I need to take a year off of college to get ready for auditions and get some more life experience and Disney is a great thing to have in your resume.

That is exactly my situation! If I do get accepted into the CS program, I hope I can do some kind of performing.
I plan on going a few days before orientation so I can see the new American Idol Experience, because they probably won't let you perform if you are a CM.

That is exactly my situation! If I do get accepted into the CS program, I hope I can do some kind of performing.
I plan on going a few days before orientation so I can see the new American Idol Experience, because they probably won't let you perform if you are a CM.

They don't.

I want to do that one too! Maybe over the summer I can take a weekend trip down there and bust out a few songs... even though musical theatre isn't exactly what they're looking for.

I'm applying for the CareerStart Fall 09 Program!

Everyone should add me on facebook, i'm looking for friends to hang out with when i get down there so i'm not alone right off the bat haha.

Amanda Painter

I've already added a bunch of people on facebook. If anyone else wants to befriend me the information is Megan Stanley. I go to MT. Tabor.

Hi, my name is Sarah. I am graduating in June. I really want to do the Fall Career Start Program. I know they start looking for people in February, but does anyone have an idea when in February.

I feel like it should be early Feb. The first 2 weeks in maybe? You could always call down there and ask to just to make sure. I think the number is 1-800-722-2930. If you call, let us all know what they say!!!!

I just called today and they said the second week in Feb they were posting the stuff to apply. :( the waiting continues!

uhh....:( the CS spring 09 are getting letters telling them they have to wait till may and august. This is really starting to freak me out. I have to give up alot of stuff to go on this program and cant afford for them to just tell me " Im sorry we made a mistake". UUHH lol

Did they mail everyone? This is actually pretty devastating.

They were accepted and given a Start date and then they were called today and gave them a opportunity to go in May or August. I know a couple people are really upset and out a bunch of money :(.

Hi! My name is Melissa and I'm 18 (19 in August) and will hopefully be applying for Fall 2009. I was going to apply for Spring 2009 but plans for that fell through. Not this time though!

I do have a question, however and hopefully someone here will be able to help me: I'm 90% sure I will be getting a new car this summer. Does anyone know if CSers make enough to pay a $250 monthly car payment?

Hey Melissa! I've never done the CS program before but from other's asking and figuring out based on how much you make and minus the top rent I figured at 40 hours you make around 120 extra a week....now im not sure dont bet on it.I am going to just pay my car note ahead of time for the time that I'm there. It will be hard but worth it if you dont have to worry about it!

Paying ahead of time would be a good idea but I have no idea if I'd be able to do that. Especially since I will have just done the down payment a month or two previous. I'll have to give that some thought, hehe.

Do any of you know what role you want? I'm hoping for costuming! More specifically entertainment costuming, if possible.

Well I am a server, so I can make pretty good money just by picking up a couple extra shifts. And Im going to get a second job just for my car note. Good Luck!

As for roles, I'm putting everything but Custodial. Im happy with anything but I'm hoping for Attractions/ Merchandise. I'm going to mention in it my interview!! Not that long for us left!

Okay. I have another question :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a nose piercing while working for Disney? Because I have one and I'd really like to hold onto it if possible (it was really painful to get; I don't want to have gone through all of that only to remove it after less than a year). Does anyone know anyone who's been able to use like a clear retainer or something of that nature while working?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter