• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't do it anymore: Studio for 3

My family would rather have 2 weeks in a studio than 1 week in a 1 bedroom. We don't use the laundry or the kitchen so getting a 1 bedroom would only have the advantage of giving us more space. We did enjoy the 1 bedroom, however, we would rather enjoy a longer time at Disney World.

If I tried to have a 2 week vacation with my family in a studio, I'd be ready to go home after about the third night. :thumbsup2

FWIW....

On our first trip to WDW after buying into DVC (we bought in Summer 1997 and first trip was Spring 1998), DW and I had a studio at OKW.

It was fine, because we had no children and meal costs were not a concern.

Six months later, we adopted our first daughter (in China--IM if you have questions). A month or two later, we stayed in a 1BR and said "Never again!" to a studio. It was great being able to make meals in our room, thus saving on meal costs.

We now have a second daughter (also adopted in China) and now we know the pleasure of having a 2BR.

JMHO.....

We're with LoveToDisney about the king size bed. That's what turned us into 1-bdrm "snobs". We stayed in a SSR studio once and Dh had to sleep on the sofa bed :rotfl: :rotfl:

No more studio's for us. If I ever did a solo trip, I would probably be very happy in a studio.

I guess what appeals to us about the 1 BR (or larger) is that one time (pre DVC) we went on vacation with another couple who were very good friends of ours. We stayed at PO (the original when Dixie still existed...). Between the snoring of the hubby and the wife getting up at 5 am to shower, blow dry hair, put on make-up, etc. it got very old very quickly! :rotfl2: I am very much a "throw it in a ponytail" and make-up smake-up I'm on vacation girl (espcially during hot season at WDW - you get sweaty and it gets EVERYWHERE! :lmao: ) We also have gone to DL twice with our girls, once when the 5 yo DD was not even 2, and then just last summer. It was hard doing naps/bedtime and still doing my "puttering" that I do at night - picking up laundry, jotting down trip memories, etc.

So - fast forward to our first DVC trip - we have some friends joining us for a few days on our April trip - so we got the 2BR so that we have our own spaces (and bathrooms). Then when they are gone, we can move our girls off the LR pull-out and have some "couple veg/down time" without worry. I'm sure that when we go without "extras" :laughing: the 1BR will be the rule!

We stay in 2BRs when we go with the whole family so everyone has their own
bed. We only stay in studios if it's just DH and myself. Are we snobby spoiled
or WHAT???;) :thumbsup2

I'm obviously in the minority, but I'm much more interested in the resort than the room size. I'd rather stay in a studio at BCV than a 1BR at a resort that I like less.

Just me! :)
i'm in that minority, also, then ;)
absolutely most important is getting BWV with BW view :love: , second is ssr or bcv.
would consider vak or vwl, but would prob stay off-site if only okw was available.
:3dglasses

We're sort of addicted to a 1BR now and it's just two of us.:sad2:

The Monkster likes his space!

I have stayed in a Studio once, at OKW and I was alone. I would have preferred a studio at any of the other resorts more, since they have the pull out and a bed. but only if I was to go alone.

So for us, 2 people or more, we get a 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter