Canadian ticket offer redemption-ID question

No. For alcohol, Servers at Disneyland card anyone who appears to be under the age of 35. Sometimes they will card an entire group, regardless of age. My kids (27-31) are always carded by new servers (most older servers know them.) If you are a young looking 40, expect to be carded. If you do not carry a US driver's license, you will need your passport. California does not recognize foreign licenses as valid ID for purchasing alcohol or identification.
Interesting, I didn't know they didn't recognize foreign driver's licenses for that, but a word of warning, most locations are moving to card everyone no matter how old they look, I say a 70 year old woman get carded in the parks recently, caught her off guard that's for sure.

Interesting, I didn't know they didn't recognize foreign driver's licenses for that, but a word of warning, most locations are moving to card everyone no matter how old they look, I say a 70 year old woman get carded in the parks recently, caught her off guard that's for sure.
I've been carded in the last year at Disneyland at an event where to get the drinking wristband, you had to show ID. I'm 57. No biggie.

As for the foreign license, it is more an issue of if they receive a citation for improper serving. The state says "This is what we accept for proper ID. You accept something else, and have a problem, you will be accepting the fine." Taking ID (and proper ID) is the only thing that can save you in the event of being caught in an improper serve.

My daughter used to do age shops. Her job was to buy and verify they only accepted proper ID. (She would do these on behalf of companies to ensure their servers were doing what they were supposed to.) She was 21, looked 16. We only had 1 go "bad" when my son did one, he was 21, looked 21, and wasn't carded. Rule at the corporation was everyone under 35. We had to call in immediately as they would be calling the franchise so no one lost licenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter