Canadian resident tickets?

Where do all you Canadian's purchase your Disneyland California tickets? Obviously we are all looking for some deal. I am not having much luck finding anything online. I havent been to the happiest place on earth in over 5 years, and in the past I have always park hopped. But my husband is trying to convince me to just do one day at one park and go to the other park another day just to save $150 on a 5 day pass (eye rolls). While I don't see much wrong with that plan, I do like having the option of moving onto a different park.
Have you tried Undercover Tourist? They have discounted tickets for Disneyland - not a big discount but something is better than nothing.

Where do all you Canadian's purchase your Disneyland California tickets? Obviously we are all looking for some deal. I am not having much luck finding anything online. I havent been to the happiest place on earth in over 5 years, and in the past I have always park hopped. But my husband is trying to convince me to just do one day at one park and go to the other park another day just to save $150 on a 5 day pass (eye rolls). While I don't see much wrong with that plan, I do like having the option of moving onto a different park.
I believe the UK sites sell Disneyland tickets as well, perhaps they'd be a better deal? I haven't been there so can't really say for sure.

I check the following and pick the best price:

UndercoverTourist
aRes Travel
attractiontickets.com (this is the UK site)

I just tried to purchase the Canadian Resident tickets, but then backed out due to some confusion.

I realize the tickets need to be activated before first use and we need to provide our passports as proof of Canadian residency. However, Disney's page said I would need to pick up the tickets at Will Call.

Does this mean I will not be able link these tickets in MDE so I can see them? I tried going through MDE on my phone to purchase them, but I do not get the Canadian offer that way. Only if I log into my Disney account through a web browser on my computer.

I thought I could purchase them, have them linked in my MDE, and then go either to Guest Services outside on of the parks or in Disney Springs to activate the tickets.

I just tried to purchase the Canadian Resident tickets, but then backed out due to some confusion.

I realize the tickets need to be activated before first use and we need to provide our passports as proof of Canadian residency. However, Disney's page said I would need to pick up the tickets at Will Call.

Does this mean I will not be able link these tickets in MDE so I can see them? I tried going through MDE on my phone to purchase them, but I do not get the Canadian offer that way. Only if I log into my Disney account through a web browser on my computer.

I thought I could purchase them, have them linked in my MDE, and then go either to Guest Services outside on of the parks or in Disney Springs to activate the tickets.
I just purchased the Canadian Resident tickets for our upcoming April trip and had no problem linking them to our reservation. The last time we had these tickets we just showed our passports at guest services and they activated them for us. I am not sure if activating them has changed because the last time we went to Disney was pre-covid:)

I just purchased the Canadian Resident tickets for our upcoming April trip and had no problem linking them to our reservation. The last time we had these tickets we just showed our passports at guest services and they activated them for us. I am not sure if activating them has changed because the last time we went to Disney was pre-covid:)
We are going in April as well and have linked our tickets, no issue, we will use guest services at MK 1st day, wont be there till around 4pm so not worried about rope drop and missing time.

Anyone else having problems trying to access the CDN tickets though the website? I'm trying to compare the 4 park magic ticket (with water park option) to a 5 day (no hopper or water park) canadian resident ticket, but whenever I click on the Canada Resident Tickets I get a message that says "Sorry, the ticket type you selected is not currently available. But you can select a different ticket below."
I am located in canada, not using a VPN, my settings are set to canada and I've cleared all my cookies. I'm sure I say somewhere that the canada tickets are available to purchase until the beginning of May and the option is still on the website.

Anyone else having problems trying to access the CDN tickets though the website? I'm trying to compare the 4 park magic ticket (with water park option) to a 5 day (no hopper or water park) canadian resident ticket, but whenever I click on the Canada Resident Tickets I get a message that says "Sorry, the ticket type you selected is not currently available. But you can select a different ticket below."
I am located in canada, not using a VPN, my settings are set to canada and I've cleared all my cookies. I'm sure I say somewhere that the canada tickets are available to purchase until the beginning of May and the option is still on the website.

Yes, I was just trying to purchase as well.

It keeps saying that ticket type is not currently available.

Can't see them on the MDE app either, so there is some sort of issue with their system.

Just returned from WDW! On our first night we went for dinner at DS and I stopped into guest services to show my ID for the CDN Res tickets. The CM took one look at my mobile ticket and said I am already good to go since there is no yellow or red message on the ticket. So if you don't see anything like that you can head straight to the parks.

Yeah we had a similar experience in February. We did pop in to guest relations at DS and the cast member looked us up in the system but did not look at anyone's passport, appeared to click nothing on the screen and said we are good to go. 🤷‍♀️

Now I find this out. I just switched my 5 day Canadian tickets to the new promotion 4 day tickets. I was only going to use 4 days anyway.

Good to know for future reference.

Just returned from WDW! On our first night we went for dinner at DS and I stopped into guest services to show my ID for the CDN Res tickets. The CM took one look at my mobile ticket and said I am already good to go since there is no yellow or red message on the ticket. So if you don't see anything like that you can head straight to the parks.

I just checked our Canadian Resident tickets on MDE and our tickets have a blue header with a name and the type of ticket. When I swipe again, there's 4 more each with our name and a yellow header - only it says 1-Day DWWS General Admission or Mini Golf. Maybe in order to get access to mini golf we have to go to Guest Services? Or maybe the two types of tickets are just color coded?

We bought our tickets separately, both getting the Canadian 5-day deal. We had enough Air Miles to get mine from AM, and we had enough on a Disney GC to get DH's direct from WDW.
Mine has the yellow header, and a red text "NOT VALID FOR ADMISSION, Must show ID at ticket window before using" but his has a blue header, and no red message.
Thankfully we have time to go to DS on arrival day.

We were there end of January and weren't sure if we had to validate our tickets first or not and didn't want to have to deal with it on our first park morning. We went to Disney Springs the night we got there, and they did check just one of our passports and did something in their computer. I asked if we could have just went into the parks and they told us, no we would have to validate them before we tapped in. Not sure if that's true or not, but it's what we were told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter