Can you upgrade a child?

Do you have free dining? With free dining, you should be able to upgrade her for the price difference of a child/adult ticket. If you don't have free dining, then you have the ticket increase AND the dining plan price increase.

I do, the CM I spoke with just was adamant that I couldn't do it, and that the park ticket status (adult / child) has nothing to do with the dining status (adult / child).

I do, the CM I spoke with just was adamant that I couldn't do it, and that the park ticket status (adult / child) has nothing to do with the dining status (adult / child).

I had a CM tell me that his age at booking is all that mattered! I knew that to be incorrect so thanked her and hung up. I tried a different day and that CM understood what I was asking for. It also didn't hurt that I was trying to update it that he will be 10 at the time of our trip and I didn't want to confuse the CMs on site or have them use the wrong credits.

I just realized that 9 and under have to eat kids meals. Can we pay extra and put him on the adult plan?

It has been mentioned before, but our daughter is a huge eater. Tiniest thing but eats more than both of us! You can really stay on top of it without the upgrade by ordering adult meals at QS locations, there is no differentiation in credits. Go up and order as if you were ordering for an adult. You could get more bang for your buck by booking sit down meals at buffets where your child is not necessarily ordering just a plate. We often times have a lot of snack credits leftover at the end of our trip. In the event that you have a TS meal where they have to order a childs plate, top it up with snack food afterwards.

It has been mentioned before, but our daughter is a huge eater. Tiniest thing but eats more than both of us! You can really stay on top of it without the upgrade by ordering adult meals at QS locations, there is no differentiation in credits. Go up and order as if you were ordering for an adult. You could get more bang for your buck by booking sit down meals at buffets where your child is not necessarily ordering just a plate. We often times have a lot of snack credits leftover at the end of our trip. In the event that you have a TS meal where they have to order a childs plate, top it up with snack food afterwards.

So say at the Flaming Tree in AK a child can order from the normal menu, even though they have a kids menu?

So say at the Flaming Tree in AK a child can order from the normal menu, even though they have a kids menu?
The rule still says that kids must order from the children's menu. Recent reports indicate that the rule is not being enforced.

I asked my wife if I could turn my 5yo DD in for an upgrade but all I got was a slap.

At any quick service you can go up and order as many adult meals as you like. Technically, the child should be ordering from the childs menu however we never have. On your meal plan, it just separates adult and child sit down meals but your QS are all listed in one pool. We are a family of three and often times we will grab two adult QS at lunch and top it up with snacks and then grab another QS later in the day. Someone mentioned before that the rules are not being enforced. I have never had anyone ask me if the meal is for my child, though I have never had my child order for herself either. Have everyone look at the menu and then designate which adult will go up to place the order. Its actually easier that way as the others can secure your seat while you wait for the food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter