Can we start the HHN annual thread yet?

I am getting very excited for it too. A little apprehensive though, because it will be DS first year. He's 12. I know some would say that's too early, so I am still questioning if we should go. He has seen most of the movies that the houses and scarezones for the past few years are based upon and wasn't bothered. He doesn't really scare easily and loves when he does get scared. I remember watching many horror movies, Friday the 13th and Halloween era, in elementary school. I actually loved them, but I know that HHN is a step up.

We plan on bringing our DD(11) this year. She's probably looking as forward to it as any of us! She's watched TWD with us for last couple of years.. doesn't really affect her one way or another. I think she'll be fine.. It's not like she'll be alone anyway, we will all (Me, DW, & DS(15)) be there with her.

We plan on bringing our DD(11) this year. She's probably looking as forward to it as any of us! She's watched TWD with us for last couple of years.. doesn't really affect her one way or another. I think she'll be fine.. It's not like she'll be alone anyway, we will all (Me, DW, & DS(15)) be there with her.

I might be holding onto DS more then he holds onto me;)

Oh good. I'm not the only one already planning for this year. I have been listening to old HHN podcasts from the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast/Deadman's Digest.

When are you guys thinking of going? I forget if we discussed this already. I think this might be our only trip to the Orlando area this year. We were thinking of going the first week of October and doing the multiple party pass again and maybe a MNSSHP.

Once the dates of HHN are announced, I will be setting up our annual "When are you going to HHN?" thread, which i make a sticky.....

I already have my room booked and know my dates I will be attending based on past years events

But until UO announces the event and the dates, have to wait before I set up the thread.

I'll be there end of September thru first two weeks of October.
I like to hit the weekdays and Fridays for the event.
Saturday is the only day I don't do HHN.

Too crowded for me and higher ep costs

Just wondering if anyone has concrete plans to do hhn during a time period I will be there...

Love meeting up with homies that love HHN....

I usually set up the RIP HHN private tour on the Columbus day weekend (Friday).
I go and hit the parks as many nights I can and do tour night with others

OhioStateBuckey, looks like our dates will cross paths.

Just wondering if anyone has concrete plans to do hhn during a time period I will be there...

They very well might.

As I said, right now we are thinking first week of October. There is a very small chance we might switch to Halloween week, just because I love being able to go to these events and the WDW Halloween things on actual Halloween.

We did this last year...but we found the HHN to be pretty crowded. A lot of people said that Halloween itself wouldn't be crowded since it was on a Tuesday (think it was Tuesday) but we thought it was packed. Then the following weekend dates in November ended up being packed too.

So we were thinking the first week of October and maybe that would be less crowded.

Bill and ted show brought in many especially near the end of hhn late October and early November

Their final shows had crowds as many wanted to see them as it was the end of their run

When are you guys thinking of going? I forget if we discussed this already. I think this might be our only trip to the Orlando area this year. We were thinking of going the first week of October and doing the multiple party pass again and maybe a MNSSHP.

We will be going Columbus Day weekend. We are staying at HRH. It's really the only time DS has off from school. We will fly to Orlando Friday night and probably get in late, so we wouldn't be able to participate in your RIP tour @macraven :( We will do the parks and HHN Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to get a flight Monday night to have a good portion of the day at the parks. I know that weekend will be crazy, but it's that or nothing. We are used to crowds (Spring Break, New Years Eve). I don't suggest that anyone go that weekend if they don't have to. I am seriously considering booking an RIP Private Tour for that Saturday night. I know it will be very expensive due to Saturday and a holiday weekend. I think Saturday would still be the best night to do it, since it will be so busy. At a minimum, I will buy EP for our HHN nights and do Stay n Scream. If I book a tour, I will post to see if we can get others to join.

That reminds me that I had a question about the RIP tour. When can you start booking them? Thanks

The hhn tours have not been released as too early for any announcements

Earliest I have ever been able to book the private rip hhn tour was early June many years back

Usually it is mid June when the hhn tours are announced and can be booked

Soniam yes- looks like we can do a mini meet up

I’ll be at Disney in sept but moving to rpr end of sept to rpr for a couple of weeks

Love to connect with you and visit

My hope is to line up a tour on the Friday of the Columbus Day weekend
I’ll probab skip hhn on that Saturday but will hit it on Sunday

When i set up the hhn date thread, be sure to post in it

Hhn ep is worth its weight in gold that weekend

We'll be there 10/27 - 11/03. Speaking of the rip tour.. If anyone else is considering a private rip hhh tour and needing to fill a few spots, we would certainly be interested. Sounds like an awesome way to take everything in.

So does anyone want to speculate as to houses this year?

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Stranger Things. There was some pretty heavy hinting, Universal itself actually tweeted a picture of the Universal globe upside down.

2. Happy Death Day. It is a Universal new property, so it would make sense.

3. Another American Horror Story house. AHS seems to be the new Walking Dead in that it gets a house each year.

I have a crazy hope for Attack on Titan.

What does everyone think?

They seem to have gone with some classics the past few years like Exorcist and the Shining, wonder if they'll get another for this upcoming year.

So does anyone want to speculate as to houses this year?

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Stranger Things. There was some pretty heavy hinting, Universal itself actually tweeted a picture of the Universal globe upside down.

2. Happy Death Day. It is a Universal new property, so it would make sense.

3. Another American Horror Story house. AHS seems to be the new Walking Dead in that it gets a house each year.

I have a crazy hope for Attack on Titan.

What does everyone think?

They seem to have gone with some classics the past few years like Exorcist and the Shining, wonder if they'll get another f

Stranger Things

&

Halloween, both probably givens

It = a strong contender

AHS/Purge/Blumhouse in some format either house(s) or scare zone(s).

Why not use Classic Monsters franchise?

Sadly, probably one less IP house to cut costs

Out of Left Field Wish list:

* Dr Who themed house (weeping angels are scary indeed and their ‘cousins’ have popped up in several houses over the years as background scenery lol).

* Pinhead (eek)

OT one of the U surveys went out gauging interest for a possible 5K run where participants will be chased by (I assume - fast) zombies.

September park hours are out, looks like 9/14 start date. IoA open till 9 each night, one park again.

Attachments

• B2E2C769-8BC5-40FD-A9DC-B58908B730E2.jpeg
    B2E2C769-8BC5-40FD-A9DC-B58908B730E2.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Stranger Things would be amazing! Of course they would have to bring back Barb and Bob.

AHS was by far my favorite house last year (my first HHN). It's one of my favorite shows and I just loved seeing some of my favorite characters up close (if only it was the real actors...Evan Peters, I'm looking at you!) I would love to see AHS represented again. They definitely need to recreate Rick Springfield's Judgement House!

The Purge felt like the quintessential scare zone. I would miss it if it was gone and would like to see other scare zones rise to the same level of detail.

IT would be fantastic. Honestly, I was so distracted by the amazing makeup that I didn't find the move that terrifying. Of course, if Pennywise was standing in front of me, I may feel different, LOL!

If Halloween returned I’d be a happy bunny!

The new film with Jamie Lee Curtis and Nick Castle as the Shape is out this October 19th this year so a house would be fabulous again........

Anything Michael Myers works for me.........

Honestly I'm probably the most excited about the original concept houses. Most of the ones last year were fantastic.

We are looking at doing an RIP tour on Sep 21 or 22, if anyone is trying to put together a private tour those dates. We will probably be just two adults (though maybe up to a group of 5).

We attended for the 1st time last year - with DS11 and our niece 14. They both loved it! We had shown them videos ahead of time, and kinda prepped them for what it would look like. We did the RIP tour, loved it! I really enjoyed not having to plan everything out myself lol!

I've booked HRH for Oct 30 - Nov 6 this year (our 1st time staying at Universal). We're really hoping for a Stranger Things house!

Here's a clip of the kids at last years HHN:

I haven't been to HHN for 10 years or so, have a lot changed? Is there anything going on in the HP area of the park? And when do they usually release the dates and tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter