Camcorder or no camcorder?

C

Cinbride

I would love to have some picture of the parks but carrying a camcorder bag around sounds draining.

Depends on how big our camcorder is, or where you can store it so you won't have it all day??
Our kids watch the video's of our trip over and over and over...
it's the best!

Carry it. I don't use the bag, I just put the strap over my shoulder and go about our trip. It may at times be a pain but in years to come the videos will be priceless. I can remember our kids making fun of dad and saying enough already but guess what. They are both asking for copies now and borrowing them. They will be treasured forever..smjj

We took our camcorder last year and it was one of the best things we did IMO.

We would tape special events and fun stuff during the day, then hook it up to the TV at night and review the day just before going to bed. It was so fun to re-live those memories the same day, and now we have them transferred to video and can watch them anytime we want. It's so great to have a dose of the magic whenever I want.

I guess if your not into home videos then you don't need to take it, but I am so glad we bought our camcorder before our trip. One of the best things we ever did IMO.

Good luck!

Lola

It is worth the hassle of toting it around! If it isnt too big and you carry a backpack, just put it in your backpack w/your other stuff you take to the parks. We havent carried ours with us the past 3 times, and I have regretted it. Nothing like watching your video when you get the 'WANNA GO TO DISNEY AGAIN FEVER'!!

Definately take it. :):Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:p Without a doubt take the camcorder, I believe this is the best way my kids survive until our next trip in October. Even I enjoy watching their reactions all over again and seeing how much fun they've had.

It is a pain sometimes and burdensome (one more thing to worry about), but SOOO worthwhile in the long run. You will not regret it.

:p

TAKE IT!!!

I didn't want to invest in one last year, I said the still pictures will be enough. :rolleyes:

There were so many times during our trip that I wished I had one with me. Having son picked twice for the MK parade, watching him play in the fountain at Epcot for over a hour, the look on his face during Fantasmic and when he saw "the big slide" at BB for the first time. Those are moments I can't get back.

When we return to the world in August I will be sure to have the camcorder with me.:smooth:

What we have done in the past is put our camcorder in a large ziplock bag. This way, when it is in our backpack, and if it rains, or the bag gets wet the camcorder stays dry. They work great, and especially the sizes of them now, most of them should fit. We will be definately be taking ours this time, as we will be going with a co-woker and her three kids, and this is their first trip EVER, anywhere. So I think they will LOVE to look back on their trip.
Leslie

I had a slight problem. My camcorder is about 7 years old and it wouldn't work in the WDW humidity. It flashed "dew" the whole week and wouldn't record. Read your instruction manual and see if you have this feature. The camera won't let itself work and get ruined if the humidity is too high. We just went in June and it rained all the time.

Take it! Camcorders are your friend. My only advice is to be sure to use your own eyes to experience the magic before you use your camcorder's "eye" to capture the magic. Also, having a camcorder with you also allows you to capture memories that happen at the spur of the moment.

I bought a camcorder for my last trip and it was great! If your going with a family, it's probably a better bet than for someone like me who travels with one other person as there are more memories. When I went, I basically filmed the attractions more than me and the other person going with me. But as long as you don't have a camcorder from the 80's that requires its own VCR deck to record(My dad still has one of those :( ) then go for it!

Our camera is pretty small. I actually carry it in my "disney purse" that I use during our trip (I'm not a backpack girl...have enough of that during the semester! ;)). It's never really been a hassle for me. DH will sometimes carrry it w/ the strap, too. I have taken it on all the rides and never had a problem. :)

We purchased a Sharp Hi8 camcorder before going on our July trip.

I had planned on using it every day . . . did I use it everyday? Nope . . .I was lazy . . .every morning before we left the resort I always said I wasn't going to take it . . .I did use it for certain events though . . .but now, looking back on it . . .I should of used it the entire time . . .

When we go back in November I'm taking it with me, no matter what! I can't tell you how many times we've looked at our vacation video and every time we watch it I always regret not taking more . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter