Calling all Dec 13th Cruisers

I didn't think there was ANY way they would give you a comp. upgrade to the suite.. I was planning on becoming your new best friend if they did..but I doubted highly DCL would give away $6000.00 someone paid for it....

Well.... after I read about the couple who got a surprise complimentary upgrade to a Cat. 2, I was kinda hoping in the back of my mind it would happen. I was surprised that they would put 2 people in a room for 7 when they could have freed up 2 rooms by putting a family with adjoining rooms into it.

But hey... 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms... and less expense. :earsgirl:

Karen

Our docs arrived today!!! Now it seems so ...... REAL. (Of course DH thought it seemed pretty real when the balance payment hit our credit card :) )

I was prepared to not get them for weeks but now I am feeling like a reject....
We should not even be looking for them for a week now.... what kind of pull do you all have?

ANN..
they must be making the rounds in the SOUTH first......

closer to DCL, WDW, etc.....

LOL

I have no idea....just hang in there.......

35 days is looking better and better and better and better..

Going to install my computer at home tonight....may see y'all later tonight...............

Phyllis

:cool:

Except Alex lives here in MA. too,, by Cape Cod... oh well I wan not expecting them until around thanksgiving so I won't worry until then........good luck with your new computer.

My partner and I are going to be aboard. We can't wait. Our second this year and we are booked on the Christmas 2004 cruise too.

:wave:

We'll be there. My husband, and our two sons--6 and 8months.
I have been really looking forward to this, our first vacation this year. But last week my husband surprised us with a weeklong trip to the Polynesian on 11/17. We'll come home and just have three weeks before we cruise :-) Suzanne

Hi!
My DS is 7 and DD is 6. Is there anyone who will be in their age group? We are traveling with a girl who is 7, so my DS will probably be left out in the cold.

We got our documents today. We were in cabin 2106 (right across from the room we had last year...an inside cabin) and we were upgraded to a cat 6, room 6030! How crazy is that? When I told my DH that they probably do this so when we come back, we won't be able to get anything less, he said "Hey, that's fine with me! If they upgrade us free, I would be happy to pay for it the next time!". That shocked me to say the least.
Has anyone else on this sail date been upgraded? Is anyone familiar with room 6030 or anything close to it. It's right off of the front elevators, so I'm a bit worried about the noise, but I guess I could suffer with a veranda.

Is anyone staying at the Raddison the night before? We will be in the pool area if you want to stop and say hello! I have the cat in the hat tattoo (which is 10 years old, so I didn't jump on the bandwagon). :teeth:
See you all soon!
Kitty and gang

Congrats on the upgrade!!

I've got a 7yo son (he'll be 8 on Dec. 30). Maybe he and your son will hit it off. We're also staying at the Radisson the night before. I don't think we'll get there till evening, though. Our flight lands at MCO around 5:30.

Karen

Lucky you!
My son is almost 11 so I'm not much help in that Dept. we are staying near universal so I can take the guys to Dan Marino's for dinner the night before so I am no help with that either... but I think the cat in the hat tatoo is kinda neat :)

There is something so cool about opening the mailbox and seeing those docs..... Ours have arrived(not meaning to taunt) but we are so excited for the 13th cruise. Are all of us on the boards going to try and hook up at some time. Some of you I am sure we will see at the Castaway club reception. I hear free booze and good nibblers!!!!! 33 days! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they even go out of their way to make the kids feel special and grown up with shirley temples or something like that.

I have heard of this, but still unsure who you have to be in order to be in the click.

Did I hear it's anyone who has sailed with Disney before?

4kidsandadog,
Even though you are getting in later, I am sure we will be by the pool even that late.

Anyone know of a good place to eat that is walking distance of the Raddison? We went to that Italian place that is near the hotel last time. It was "ok", but not great.

See you all soon!
Kitty
oh yes, I'm up for a meeting! Just let me know where and when!

you will recieve an invitation in your "fish mail" as to when the party is...

Hey Y'all..

I finally got my new computer up and running....YEAAAAAAA

Ann did you ever get your docs??????

Just wanted to say hi to everyone on my NEW COMPUTER....

More later.....

Phyllis
:cool:

Nope no documents here yet,, but as I have said we have never gotten them this early before so I will try to be patient.
It is snowing right now so that makes me even more excited to go!

Our travel agent got the docs late last week.

She did find one small error that she got corrected and she dropped them in the mail yesterday so I am hoping to see them tomorrow.

I'm still on the fence on excursions, but my DH is saying it might be fun to go on one. We didn't do it last time and we still have a wonderful time on the Western. This is the first time on the Eastern side, so I'm clueless what to do and where to go. I did hear if you want to buy booze, go to KMart, where the locals get theirs.

Any great ideas for 6 and 7 year old? I would also like to find lots of information on pirates. My kids LOVE pirates! I was able to find lots of info on the Western (especially Cayman), but the Eastern is a bit more difficult.

I want to sleep with the docs under my pillow so I don't lose them. :laughing:

4kidsandadog, we will have to make sure and hook up our kids.

SuzPasq, we will also have to hook up our kids!

See you at the Oceaneers Club!
Kitty

My family is going on their first Disney cruise. I have a son who will be 7 in January and a daughter who is 5. They will be in the kids club together. We will br traveling with my parents who are Florida residents so we got a great deal. I think I am more excited than my children. I'm sure that the kids will have a great time though. Would love any advice for this age kids. Have been reading the boards and getting alot of helpful information. I feel fairly prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter