Calling all Dec 13th Cruisers

Our documents are here!! No upgrade, but I knew that would not happen, I am just so excited to go!! Yipee 30 days until I get out of cold MA.!!

Originally posted by snowbuzz
I have a son who will be 7 in January and a daughter who is 5. They will be in the kids club together. ]

The only way they will be in the club together is if you put your son in the lower age group. Last cruise, this happened to my DH and DD, but this year, they will be in the same group.

Just thought you should know so you don't go in thinking they will be in the same group.

See you soon!
Kitty

Kitty:
I thought that the age ranges were 3 & 4 together and 5 to 7. So the Snowbuzz children would be in the same group.

I just want to clarify. Above I mis-posted my nieces ages (I am a bad uncle). The older two are both 7 and the next two are both 5 with the youngest being 3.

I have told their mothers that the older four would all be in the same group (5 to 7) with only the youngest being seperate. Which actually works out quite well as the 3 year old is the most independent and fearless of the group.

So did I misinform my sisters (did the bad uncle strike again?)

Hi, I've communicated w/a few of you by e-mail, but thought I should join the group. I'm taking my DD and her three sons, ages 4, 2 and 4 months on the 13th cruise, since her husband and their dad is a pilot in the Marines serving our country on the Enterprise in the Persian Gulf (pray for him, his safety and his sadness as he has to be away from his family during the holidays). This is our 4th Disney cruise, but first Eastern and we are really looking forward to being in a warm climate and seeing the ship all decked out for Christmas.

Someone had put the website for Bluebeard's Castle on the board, do you know how close to the ship it is. In the RCI book it looks like it is right where the ships dock. My 4 year old grandson loves Capt Hook, so he would enjoy finding some pirates also.

We do not plan to do many excursions, as we have been disappointed w/most of the ones we have done in the past and wished we'd just "stayed on the ship". We will get off and walk around but it is a little scary putting little kids in cabs, buses, etc w/o those carseats. There is just so much do do on the ship, you could stay on there for a month and not do it all, so I'm sure we won't miss going ashore.

Hope to meet up with the other military family and also, Nat's mom from Hilton Head, SC as that is where my daughter lives.

Does anyone need a place to stay in Orlando the week before. I had picked up a week (RCI) at Sheraton Vistana (2 bedroom for 8) from Dec 7-14 for my daughter (her kids) and a friend of hers to go down a week early, but these plans may be falling through--shoud know by the end of the week. I could make someone a great deal so it would not sit empty.

Rence,
I stand corrected. I got the ages all messed up in my head and remembered my daughter was only 4 (almost 5) when we cruised. Glad to hear that most of the posse will be together in your group as well as Snowbuzz!

JavinVA, we are neighbors! Can't wait to meet you!

25 days to board! Does everyone have their list of "don't forget" items"?

Kitty

Hi neighbor from Stafford, we must get together as your daughter and my grandson, Troy (who will be 5 in Feb) could possibly get to know each other and meet in Club. Makes it nice if they already know somebody. If you like e-mail me and we can make arrangements to meet. Our cabin is 8042 in case we don't catch up w/each other before the 13th.

:crazy: My husband and myself, 5 year old girl 7 year old girl and my 6 month old boy are going. My inlaws are meeting us in Orlando for the cruise. I am just brimming with excitement. This could not have been possible with out the generous Military discount we received. We are all so excited coming all the way from Alaska and looking forward to some sunshine!

I recieved our docs about a month ago. I have filled all the information in it makes your registation go a little faster. We are in cat 4 and are happy about that. If anyone is also Military and cruing please feel free to send me an email! BillnDanel@acsalaska.net

We are military as well (Air Force). Which deck are you on? We're on deck 6 in 2 Cat. 6 rooms. I haven't filled out our forms yet. Maybe this weekend if I can find some time. I am beginning to worry that I don't have the right clothes for this trip and will end up eating most of my meals in the room or from the walk-up places. I know I don't own anything for formal night, that's for sure!

Karen

Karen...don't worry about not having the right kind of clothes for formal night on the cruise.

Everyone wears something different. I have some Christmas
sweaters that I am taking...and like one pair of black pants..and that's it. You will see people in Sunday School clothes and people in formal gowns and tuxes. Don't worry about it. Just go and have a great time.

See you in 17 days..........

Phyllis
:cool:

4kidsandadog,
Please don't sit in your room and miss supper in the diningroom. That is part of the excitement that you won't want to miss. Check out the thrift shops near you. I was amazed by the beautiful gowns and formal wear they had for dirt cheap. The dresses were in perfect shape too!

No matter what, you will look great so go and enjoy!
See you soon!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Kitty

karen please don't worry! Formal night is as formal as you want it to be. A simple black skirt is fine! Frankly I could care less what anyone wears as long as it is not a thong and they sit next to DH and DS.. otherwise who cares? I personally do get dressed up but that is because I love the chance to do so. That said however, last year for formal night the couple we were seated with the husband wore a tshirt with work type docker pants, the wife wore a skort. Did I care-nope, didn't take away from my experience at all!!
It is coming up soon, you should be excited not concerned about what you wear! There are tons of sales going on tomorrow, maybe you could pick up a "little black dress" somewhere. On formal night pair it with a spangly scarf or some nice jewelry and on semi formal just wear it plain, you will be knock out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter