Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, we are "HOPING" to get back on the Magic in 2009, thanks for the info Bev!!! :thumbsup2

Angelina's high school choir and band will be going to Chicago in May 2008 for their annual trip (we just got the final word on this tonight). As choir parents, Hazel and I might be making the trip as well, we just have to see what the final cost is going to be. The group, between 250-300, might be going to see Wicked while in Chicago as well.

I'll be on the magic in july 2008 never been to CA so I'll go there before the cruise and stay in at disneyland maybe go to laguna beach loved that show lol, then in 2009 I'll hopefully have enough money saved to go for my 21st birthday, after that I'll try if they are still doing them a 5 night rccl out of nj because my aunt(who no one in the family wants to come on vacation with) wants to go but not disney so my mom said to just have my dad and I take her or go with her so she will quit bugging all of us, lol long story about her. You have to know her and you would understand

I added points to DVC while on the cruise. When I got home, I booked the 3 day Wonder for 9/25/08 to celebrate Lindsay's birthday. I also have group space booked on the Magic for the special 5 day cruise, so I'm doing that one too. Can't get enough of the Disney Cruise.

Bev

The 5 day cruise is the cruise that follows the 15 day repo cruise from CA to FL, it sails on Monday Sept. 1, 2008 and returns the following Saturday, after that cruise the Magic goes into drydock for three weeks.

Hello Old Friends...

We are booked for Next November in the Magic...

11/29/08 Going with my Parents..Anyone else?...

I'd totally do the 5 day cruise since my friends will be on it, but I have 2 cruises booked and saving my money to finally take my dad on a cruise so I can't

After our 4 day cruise next month, we probably won't be sailing again until October 2009, at least that is the plan for now.............:)

After our 4 day cruise next month, we probably won't be sailing again until October 2009, at least that is the plan for now.............:)

I should prob stop cruising till october 2009 maybe even longer then that with all my road trips in philly and atlantic city, i'm broke every week

I should prob stop cruising till october 2009 maybe even longer then that with all my road trips in philly and atlantic city, i'm broke every week

I'm broke every week and I don't even go on road trips, but then again, I have a teenage DD in the house.......................:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

FYI - the 5 day is on the Magic 9/1/08 going to Castaway Cay twice and Nassau. I have alot of people interested in it.

When we were on the 4 day Wonder 9/23, we didn't have a sea day. They changed the itinerary and we did Nassau, Castaway and Castaway. I was surprised it left Castaway and cruised around at night and re-docked there in the morning.

I'm having Disney withdrawal symptoms. I miss my friends. :sad2:

Bev

Hi old friends :wave2:

We have our Royal Caribbean cruise 3 weeks from today, I can't wait! :sunny: Next year we already have a big Disney World trip booked for all 4 of us, in May 2008 (this is right after Craig has his college finals, and Robby will have to miss a week of school)... I'd love to do another Disney cruise in 2009 but it would have to be in the summer due to both boys being in college at that time. (Robby will graduate high school in June 2009 and will be going to college in September 2009).

Honestly though, if we feel that RCI can offer different/more/better activities for our 2 young adults compared to what DCL offers, we may choose to cruise with them instead. Unless the new DCL ships have similar amenities, in which case we'd wait and cruise on the new DCL ship. When is that due to come out, 2010?? :scratchin

I really do want to cruise DCL again though.. what a tough decision, eh?? LOL

I hope everyone is doing well :grouphug:

P.S. Andy: John and I are taking the boys to see "Wicked" 2 weeks from tomorrow in Boston. I've heard really good things about this play, can't wait to see it!!

I'm thinking about trying NCL after doing a disney cruise one last time for my 21st birthday in march of 2009. But you can bet I'll have to cruise on the new disney ships when they are cruising. Since I like cruises better then other vacations. Other then that I plan on trying to go to paris and then maybe japan, though my dad said a disney cruise is prob cheaper then going to japan, but gotta go there at least once since I am 25% japanesse

:wave: Hi Terry,

The new DCL ships are due to be finished in 2011 and 2012.

I booked Hazel and I a room at a Travelodge in Chicago for next May. We are planning on going out for two nights. The cost of the full 5 day trip was just a bit too much, especially since we didn't want to do everything that was being planned for the group. I got tired just reading about all the activities that are planned. The group is going to see Wicked the night they arrive and the main concert will be held on Thursday. Hazel and I are planning on flying out on Wednesday, see Wicked Wednesday night with the group, be there for the concert on Thursday, then fly home on Friday. The group will be flying home on Sunday evening. This trip ends Memorial Day Weekend, so the kids won't have to go back to school until Tuesday.

The group will be going to see Blue Man Group on Thursday evening, I'm not sure if Hazel and I will be going to that or not.

We mainly want to go to support Angelina and the band & choir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter