Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no question the 3-night is short. Don't get off the ship in Nassau and make that your sea day. I had just as fun on the 3-night as we did a year ago. With the exception of not seeing Twice Charmed and no Palo brunch, I was able to do everything I did on our 7-night cruise and I thought the CMs as a whole were a tad better.

Say hi to Pikey for us. Listen carefully to Christiaan's annoucements because he ad-libs things and he's a riot. Andy Carbone will always be our favorite CM but Christiaan does an excellent job.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We are getting off the ship in nassau since we have a excrusion booked and it will prob be the only time I can see the atlantis aquarium(spelling?) since my dad doesn't get much time off, so I am excited for that always wanted to see that after my frist cruise. And I'll deff say hi to pikey for you.

Julia,

Please give Pikey my best as well, thanks!!!

Have a WONDERful time!!!

Andy

Julia,

Please give Pikey my best as well, thanks!!!

Have a WONDERful time!!!

Andy

Pikey definitely remembers us "cruising castaways".

He seems really, really happy right now. The Disneyland Paris was something he's always wanted to do so he did when he had the chance. But he missed working on the ship so he's back (and wants to be with DCL as long as they'll have him). If he wants to move up the ranks at DCL, he needs to show a willingness to work on both ships so he'll go back and forth.

I think he does better at events when there is a smaller crowd rather than the bigger events (like bingo in the Walt Dinsey theater). All the bingo sessions I went to were poorly attended, but it meant Pikey could connect more one-on-one with the crowd and he really shone.

He was so nice to us every time we chatted with him. DH had a good chat with him after the pirate party.

He actually blushed when I mentioned I knew he is engaged.

One thing I notice with the Wonder is that not as many of the passengers take the time to talk to the crew so we have more opportunities to chat with them. We had Christiaan and Darren (asst CD) all to ourselves on the last night.

Man, now I wish we had booked a 4 day cruise on the Wonder for November instead of Sovereign of the Seas. :rolleyes:

Besides, I think Pikey will be on his break in November.

And I'm very interested to hear your comparison of RCCL as we may be doing a non-DCL cruise in 2009.

I'm gonna try out rccl, once I get my family to go on vacation, forget my mom, she doesn't like vacations, but we are close with her brothers family, so maybe they will come. It is werid, I'll go on a disney cruise with only my dad, but when I go on rccl I want more people to come, just would be more fun that way.

I know how you feel, BUT you won't believe all the fun you are missing.

If the Souvereign is half as much fun as the Explorer, you will enjoy yourself immensely.

I hear you on the "fear of the unknown". The problem with taking a cruise is that if you don't like it, you're stuck until the cruise is over. Its not like staying at a hotel where halfway through you can just switch hotels.

Andy, I think you're going to have a great cruise because you're with extended family. And four nights is a win/win because if you don't like it then you're not onboard for a full week but if you do like then you can relax and enjoy.

What's the itinerary?

And one good thing about non-DCL cruises - they are going to be cheaper. :laughing:

Here's a good chuckle for you guys.......last month we got a mailing for Silversea's World Cruise for 2008.....yes....110 days, 26 countries and 52 ports. All for a price starting at $62,400. You get free alcohol and the tips are included.

I hear you on the "fear of the unknown". The problem with taking a cruise is that if you don't like it, you're stuck until the cruise is over. Its not like staying at a hotel where halfway through you can just switch hotels.

Andy, I think you're going to have a great cruise because you're with extended family. And four nights is a win/win because if you don't like it then you're not onboard for a full week but if you do like then you can relax and enjoy.

What's the itinerary?

And one good thing about non-DCL cruises - they are going to be cheaper. :laughing:

Here's a good chuckle for you guys.......last month we got a mailing for Silversea's World Cruise for 2008.....yes....110 days, 26 countries and 52 ports. All for a price starting at $62,400. You get free alcohol and the tips are included.

First stop is Coco Cay(RCCL private island), then we go to Nassau, followed by a day at sea, then back to Port Canaveral.

I saw a thread here on the DIS a little while back about a cruise something like you were talking about, and the price for that was like $92,000. Way, way, way to rich for my blood..........:lmao:

A friend of ours came over this morning to help me replace our kitchen exhaust fan, the old fan we took out was manufactured in 1954, that's as old as Hazel...............:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was surprised we found a replacement fan as easy as we did, the hardest part was getting the old fan out. The new fan is working like a charm, and draws out a lot more air then the old fan did, Hazel likes that part!!! :thumbsup2

First stop is Coco Cay(RCCL private island), then we go to Nassau, followed by a day at sea, then back to Port Canaveral.

I saw a thread here on the DIS a little while back about a cruise something like you were talking about, and the price for that was like $92,000. Way, way, way to rich for my blood..........:lmao:

A friend of ours came over this morning to help me replace our kitchen exhaust fan, the old fan we took out was manufactured in 1954, that's as old as Hazel...............:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was surprised we found a replacement fan as easy as we did, the hardest part was getting the old fan out. The new fan is working like a charm, and draws out a lot more air then the old fan did, Hazel likes that part!!! :thumbsup2

Andy

I know what you mean, we have a 1960 stove on its last legs,
proberly will replace it within the month

First the oven temp setting was off by 50 degrees,
Then the oven heating element sparked and burned up catching fire.

being almost 50 years old, I guess its time to be replaced.
Funny since I turned 50 this year, sometimes I feel that way with my legs

lol

Ed

Andy

I know what you mean, we have a 1960 stove on its last legs,
proberly will replace it within the month

First the oven temp setting was off by 50 degrees,
Then the oven heating element sparked and burned up catching fire.

being almost 50 years old, I guess its time to be replaced.
Funny since I turned 50 this year, sometimes I feel that way with my legs

lol

Ed

Yea, I think it's about time to replace your stove Ed, sounds like it's getting too dangerous to keep.

Our kitchen exhaust fan caught on fire a few days ago, so we knew it was time to replace it. Funny thing is, we were just talking about replacing it a few weeks ago, should have done it then I guess. With the thing being so old, I didn't know if we would find anything like it. Luckily, our friend that came over yesterday, knew of a place that we could check out. We got to the warehouse, and they had one unit left, boy did we luck out!!!

I'm in the internet cafe right now on the Disney Wonder, nassua today, rained this morning for a little before we got off the ship went to the Atlantis aqua(spelling?) and then come back to the ship. tonight is pirates night, hope no more rain, the ship was really rocky last night for people at the table I was at were seasick, there are 8 people at my table all together. Later at bingo I will tell pikey hey for you all I'll just say some of the cruisin' castaway's say hey is that is good., ian is on board too. haha what a riot(spelling?), there are deff a few return cruisers and you can see that the ship isn't full like it was is August, if it was fulll then it' a little less now. I'm going now I'll post a tirp report when I get home for you all to read.

I'm in the internet cafe right now on the Disney Wonder, nassua today, rained this morning for a little before we got off the ship went to the Atlantis aqua(spelling?) and then come back to the ship. tonight is pirates night, hope no more rain, the ship was really rocky last night for people at the table I was at were seasick, there are 8 people at my table all together. Later at bingo I will tell pikey hey for you all I'll just say some of the cruisin' castaway's say hey is that is good., ian is on board too. haha what a riot(spelling?), there are deff a few return cruisers and you can see that the ship isn't full like it was is August, if it was fulll then it' a little less now. I'm going now I'll post a tirp report when I get home for you all to read.

Hi Julia, enjoy the rest of your cruise!!! :wizard:

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on. Sorry to hear about the bad news and glad to hear about the good news. We were on the 14 day Transatlantic cruise "Bringing the Magic Back". It was awesome. The best cruise I was ever on. I can't even begin to tell you how fantastic it was because I can't find the words to describe it. You had to be there to experience it. The weather was great. 6 days at sea with no rough seas. Got back 9/1 and stayed at WDW for 4 days. Didn't want the Magic to end.

1 1/2 weeks after being home, I booked the 4 day Wonder for 9/23-9/27 to celebrate my birthday 9/23 and Lindsay's birthday 9/26. Of course, we had to stay in WDW after we returned. While on the cruise, I purchased DVC at SSR. We got home yesterday and not quite ready to face reality.

I didn't realize how much of a difference there is between the longer cruises and the short ones. The short cruise doesn't do the crew skit that we saw on the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise. The past guest party has no alcohol and basically just snacks. I was disappointed in the past guest party. The Wonder didn't have lobster tail for dinner. Just the longer cruises. However, the 4 day was great. We saw so many crew members that we knew from our August cruise, last year's 11 day cruise and the 14 day Transatlantic cruise. I know that there are other cruise lines and they are good. I personally love DCL and truly feel like I'm going home when I board the ships. I still feel the service is excellent and I think their shows are the best.

Andy, regarding the Sovereign of the Seas - their cabins are much smaller than Disney's but I'm sure you'll still have a great time. Joanne, I'm glad you had a great time on the Explorer of the Seas. The ship is alot of fun. We also stayed in the Atrium or Promenade room and we enjoyed it. I had the pleasure of seeing Chuck from All Seasons on the Transatlantic. Even though I am a travel agent, I must say that I think Chuck is a great person and travel agent. I hope that someday, my agency will be 1/2 as big as Chuck's and I'll be happy. You won't go wrong using Chuck as your travel agent.

I was told that in December the announcement will be made for the itinerary for 2009 so I will be anxiously waiting to find out where the Magic will be going.

Bev:)

HappyBirthday.gif

It's a little late, but I know you both had a WONDERful birthday!!!​

cn87.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter