cabanas at HRH

When I requested cabana #10, the girl taking the ressie told me it wasn't near the Beach Club or rest rooms, that they were 1-5, and 10 was on the beach side. This is the opposite of what was posted on this site, but I went with #9 anyway. Sure they'll all be okay.

Cabana #10 is the end one, you just have to walk under the water slide to get to the beach club and rest rooms, plus there is a hot tub right behind it!!!!!

I think you will like it.

Patty

So I'm wondering what happens at 3pm....do that many people really reserve them from 3 to 10 that they chase everybody out to clean them up or do they let you linger to sayyyyyyy 4pm??:confused:

I'm No.10 too:D

This was just asigned to me,then I read here its in a good spot so I would have called back to request this one anyway!

.............Karen............

cottontail, There is most definitely plenty of shade by gorgeous palm trees and umbrellas. I'm not quite sure why they are so popular. We had a complimentary cabana last year which we didn't even use. If you are on the club level, which we were, they provide sodas and waters all day anyway, although you do have to walk up to the 7th floor to get them. Or there is a great poolside restaurant and waiters who will bring you drinks.

We wanted to be closer to the water so we just got lounge chairs with umbrellas and there are plenty of tables scattered about. We had no interest in watching the t.v. by the pool. That was last March. In fact, I only saw one cabana in use the whole time we were there. JMO but you might want to wait until you get there before you reserve one. You may not want it.

It does seem like a great idea for a late flight though, so you have someplace to change if you don't want to use the gym, which is right near the pool area as well.

My big intention for the cabanas is with 4 of us there it will be a central "drop zone" with the kids coming and going and just a place to leave all of our stuff if we want to wander away. Plus we're using ours the first day and I know I'll need to get in the shade after a couple hours of sun, but I'd still like to sit outside and read a book and then slip into the pool etc. I don't really understand the tv concept either, but maybe it's good for little kids or husbands that think they might die if they are missing a sporting event!!!!

Are there any other "good" cabanas besides #10. I thought I read a post that said it was loud. Anyone know??

What a perfect idea for the last day if you have a late flight!!

Our flight is at 5:00 so after reading these great posts, I think that's what we'll do!!

So even after officially checking out of HRH, we can stay in the Cabana right?? We wouldn't have to leave til around 3 for the airport so I hope we can rent one.

We're going to be there the 2nd week in June and we would be wanting it for that Saturday........would we be safe renting it on the Monday before?? Or should I call and reserve way before?

Gosh I'm even more excited now!!!:cool: :bounce:

Kitty - I would go ahead and hold it now - there is no deposit required and the cancellation policy is 4 hours prior to rental (that's 11 AM for my 3 PM - 10 PM rental). We have friends meeting us the last day, so we're looking forward to having a spot where we can visit, eat, stay out of the hot sun that afternoon.

dreamer, Club level guests pay half-day price for full-day rental, but there is no discount on the half-day price :(

Do the tvs just show the music videos which are shown throughout the hotel? Also do you guys know the music is piped underwater in the pool? Cool, eh?

kazzie - looks like #10 is off for me then! ;) Shall I get 9 so we can be neighbours?

Lynn, While your there could you kindof scope out which other cabanas would be good and not "loud". Believe it or not my 70 yo parents want to go to the HR but I am a little nervous that it to loud for their nerves.

Sure will....I'd prefer not to be near a loud one either, because I really would like to doze off, but we'll see....I'll let you know!

DisOrBust

One thing you might like to know is that, other than in your room, you can't get away from the rock music at HRH (as I said in my earlier post, it's even piped underwater!). The good news is that it's all pretty seamless (the same track is played everywhere) and we didn't find it intrusive, but then we're not 70 ;)

Forgot to update this after I got back....you can see a trip report about my cabana day, but we had #9 and the music was not loud at all....we were at the pool 4 days and it was never too loud.

Lynn Kelley, are they still renting them for half days or just full days? When I watched the Travel Channel the other night about HRH, they were saying they had Cabanas for $60 for the day....they didn't say anything about half days.

I got a half day after somebody on this board was told they didn't do that anymore....I think you could probably convince them to do 9-3, I just don't understand how they can only have half days from 3 to 9 if they don't do the morning from 9-3????

The pop in the fridge, do they charge for all that is in there? Or do they count to see how many you really use, and charge so much per can?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter