BWV Refurb Progress

Personally, we love the redecorating. It does have a cool beachy palette, and seems much more sophisticated than the old decor. We're excited to stay there next year.

But we're also two 40-something's without children. So for us, we get enough Disney in the parks and general resort areas. Coming back to a relaxing, updated room sounds terrific.

FYI I recently joined a Disney Boardwalk Facebook fan page. One of the members just posted updated pictures of a boardwalk studio.

Check out I Love Disney's Boardwalk Villas

A lot of the DVC villas at different resorts are losing their unique character; they're nice, but not as creative or "fun." For many of these places, you could be staying at a Hilton on the New Jersey turnpike and never know you were in a Disney resort in Florida.

That said: perhaps Disney has reasoned that a lot of vacationers don't spend a lot of time in the hotel room, so why go to all that trouble? Especially if the bright colors and whimsical decor can't withstand too much wear and tear? Or: maybe they are intentionally under-designing the rooms, making them just a little bit boring, to discourage people from lingering in the rooms. They'd much prefer people be in the parks or at Downtown Disney, spending money. They're sending a message: you want magic? You won't find it staying in your hotel room. (Do they even have many pictures of iconic Disney characters hanging on the hotel room walls anymore?)

Whatever the reasoning, I think it's a bad idea. It's diminishing the brand.

Last edited:
While it does look much better than the previously run down rooms, I think it looks like an afterthought. There's no whimsy and not a single thing about it says Boardwalk to me.

Will be at the BWV in 3 weeks can't wait!! How much of the resort has been refurbished so far? Just wondering what our chances of getting a new room are. Thanks!

So OP did you get a refurbed room? How is the updating going? We have 3 stays at BWV, so hoping to get a refurbed room on some of those stays (1 night in August) (4 nights in September) and (15 nights in Oct/Nov).

Hi all... Does anyone know where current info on BWV refurbishment progress can be found?

So OP did you get a refurbed room? How is the updating going? We have 3 stays at BWV, so hoping to get a refurbed room on some of those stays (1 night in August) (4 nights in September) and (15 nights in Oct/Nov).
Hi! We did not get a refurb room, however our room was in great shape and we had a great view of the pool. Had a great vacation at BWV! We were on the 4th floor facing the main pool. If you walked a little farther down the hall (we were close to the elevator) the carpet changed and the doors became blue so those rooms had been done. Next time maybe we will get one!

Thanks for the update!

Our next stay there is August. We were wondering if the refurb has made it to the standard rooms yet. Everything I've seen has been the boardwalk view.

Thanks for the update!

Our next stay there is August. We were wondering if the refurb has made it to the standard rooms yet. Everything I've seen has been the boardwalk view.

We had a boardwalk view a few weeks ago...it was not refurbished yet (and it was very clean and in very good condition). Someone did post some pictures of standard view studios that had been refurbed. It was parking lot view.

LOOKING FORWARD to our October split stay with Poly for F&W! Hoping to see more pics as we get closer of pool view stufios.:cool1:

Thanks for the refurb photos! We are hoping to stay there for our honeymoon next year so it is nice to see the updates!

We just stayed at BWV the 2nd - 5th. We were in a two bedroom, rooms 2010 and 2008 and they were refurbished. That entire wing in the first and second floors from room 17 down were completed. They had a temporary door blocking off the wing with rooms 18-27 which were under construction and then the rest of the rooms between there and the elevator bank/lobby had not been done yet. I didn't go higher than the second floor or past the elevators to the higher numbered rooms but that's the progress in the front past of the first two floors anyway. I'm reposting the progress pics I put in the boardwalk thread just to help anyone visualize. I didn't get any in room pics without tons of our stuff in the way but they are beautiful. We stayed at VWL right after it was renovated last year and loved it there too but this renovation was much better done. The fine details were more carefully carried out. (The inside color of the cabinets match the outside for example)

Attachments

• IMG_20150603_192430.jpg
    IMG_20150603_192430.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20150603_192413.jpg
    IMG_20150603_192413.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20150603_192437.jpg
    IMG_20150603_192437.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Wondering how they are doing with the refurb studios. We can't stay until they have that pull down Murphy bed but really want to stay here!

As someone who spends most of their trips staying at BWV, I really hate that they removed the separate table and have replaced it with that stupid fold down table. Makes me think I'm in a small RV or something. Now what do I do with my computer and how am I suppose to eat and watch TV. Grrrr

Staying in a refurb studio now. I have to say that I don't hate the fold-down table as much as I thought I would. Know what I hate? The paint color. It's a dull gray-blue, and it's EVERYWHERE. It's on every wall, including the bathroom. And it is UGLY and depressing. It is not a beachy blue at all. In fact, there is nothing about this new studio that says "beach". I like the new furniture, by and large. But if at least one of the walls were painted a beachy hue (peach, pink, mint green), it would go a long way. Aside from that, it just looks like neutral "sophisticated". Not themed at all. Bah!

Has anyone stayed in a refurb H/A studio. How was it? Would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter