Buying VGF direct?

PSUDinsey

Mouseketeer
So i asked two guides to let me buy some VGF points and they claim they are actually checking some system and going as far as to verify what use year I have but they won't waitlist me.

Anyone know a trick or a guide with some pull?

Not really. They need to have inventory on hand. There is no waitlist. They cannot sell what they don't have.

Your guide can put you in the WL. Mine told me she probably could if there wasn't anyone else on it for that UY. I ended up buying resale, but that's what she said at the time.

I think VGF is one of the resorts they aren't maintaining a waitlist for, though. It's VGF, VGC and BCV as rumor suggests. No personal experience.

They will do what they can to make a sale. If selling new current resorts gets them more money than they will direct you to current resorts. If telling you that they can't waitlist causes you to buy current then they succeeded. Other sales people may keep their own waitlist and they may see the bigger picture knowing that any sale is a good sale.

:earsboy: Bill

They will do what they can to make a sale. If selling new current resorts gets them more money than they will direct you to current resorts. If telling you that they can't waitlist causes you to buy current then they succeeded. Other sales people may keep their own waitlist and they may see the bigger picture knowing that any sale is a good sale.

There was no other sale to be had I had Disney Visa on hand for anywhere between 25-75 points and they said no can due. They wouldn't even check other use years. However, I posted this on a facebook group and someone said they bought direct last week so there is a way.

There was no other sale to be had I had Disney Visa on hand for anywhere between 25-75 points and they said no can due. They wouldn't even check other use years. However, I posted this on a facebook group and someone said they bought direct last week so there is a way.

That's my point, there is always a way.

Switch guides. Or better yet, tell your guide than you know someone bought direct just last week, so you should be able to as well. Good luck!

I do not think that true. Say that sale used what they had. No inventory.

If someone eats the last cupcake you cannot have one too.

I do not think that true. Say that sale used what they had. No inventory.

If someone eats the last cupcake you cannot have one too.

I understand your point. However, most guides work to get the sale. If you have one that seems uninterested in your business, then I was suggesting asking for another one. Also, they can put you on the WL, as I was told. It is just more work, and maybe they are discouraged from it. OP, if you would like the name of my guide, send me a private message, and I will tell you the name so you can ask for that person. Since none of us work there (that we know of), it is all just conjecture and opinion and sharing what we have been told by other guides and members.

I don't know anything, but between April 1st and today, Disney closed 71 direct sales for VGF between 25 and 400 points.

I just need to find the right guide. They track every time you call though. They obviously know what I am doing and that I am motivated to buy. The guides I am getting must be independently wealthy.

I just need to find the right guide. They track every time you call though. They obviously know what I am doing and that I am motivated to buy. The guides I am getting must be independently wealthy.
You seem to be under the impression they have the points and just aren't selling them to you. I doubt that's the case. You should have a regular guide and call them directly. If you're not comfortable with them, I'd change, but not just because they can't make this purchase happen.

They arent getting any points through ROFR. Those are way to expensive to be profitable. The only way they get points is through foreclosure. So, you're waiting for someone to lose their contract.

You seem to be under the impression they have the points and just aren't selling them to you. I doubt that's the case. You should have a regular guide and call them directly. If you're not comfortable with them, I'd change, but not just because they can't make this purchase happen.

Nah I just want someone to say hey when i see something close to what you want I'll give you a call instead of trying to push Poly or Aulani on me.

They're compensated at a higher rate for live resorts. Foreclosures and ROFR on VGF are not good margin for DVD, and they aren't incentivized on those.

Yes, yes, I know the guides are paid a salary. But don't kid yourself that they are not given sales incentives. It would be a terrible sales organization that does not supply such incentive, even to salaried personnel, and a good salesperson would run run run to somewhere with incentives because it's how they'd make bank.

Nah I just want someone to say hey when i see something close to what you want I'll give you a call instead of trying to push Poly or Aulani on me.
Call your regular guide and if you don't feel comfortable ask for a new one. My understanding is no official wait list but some guides keep an unofficial one.

It can take quite sometime to buy VGF direct, like others have said your pretty much waiting for someone to be foreclosed on. Also, they are a lot of people looking for 100+ points direct purchases, so who do you think the guides will call first if they have points. The person wanting 25 points or 150 points.

Bought two direct GFV contracts in the last four months. Each 75 pts. Each took us about a month. Lucky or great guide? Maybe both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter