• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Butterbeer - which is your favorite?

What is your favorite form of Butterbeer?

• Total voters

disneydawn71

Earning My Ears
Thought this could be fun!

I finally had a chance to try all 4 forms of Butterbeer during our stay a few days ago. I definitely have a favorite, so I am curious to see what others like/prefer.

You can also rate in the order of your preference, for me, it would be:

1. Hot
2. Soda
3. Ice Cream
4. Frozen

I have not tried the Ice Cream yet (I decided to get Scooped Ice Cream instead). I'd Rank them.

1. Frozen
2. Hot
3. Soda

i like the frozen butterbeer and the soft serve bb ice cream the best.

tried the regular butterbeer and it's okay.
so much prefer the frozen version

The only version that doesn't make me physically ill is the Butterbeer Ice Cream.

I've only tried the ice cream and the Frozen. We liked the frozen, but had to share it as it was too much sweet to finish it all. I wasn't a fan of the ice cream as I prefer scooped ice cream. I think I threw half of it out.

I haven't had hot.
My order is: soda, ice cream, frozen

I haven't tried the hot yet but my order would go:
ice cream
frozen
regular
We were also there in August so the colder the better!

I can barely drink frozen anymore thanks to a mysterious rise in extreme brainfreeze even when being careful. But by taste that's my fave.

Hot is next, but I can't come close to finishing a whole cup of it.

Cold is so gross to my tastebuds.

Have to check ingredients for the softserve/ice creams; haven't had them yet.

Ice cream is my choice with frozen a close second.

We have only had the frozen and regular/soda versions so far. We all much preferred the soda over the frozen.

You can bet your boots we'll be trying the ice cream this May.

Not sure if we will bother giving the hot version a shot. It honestly holds no appeal.

I couldn't wait to try the frozen, since the last time we were there, the weather wasn't "conducive" to drinking a frozen beverage... I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what, but there just wasn't any taste to it, it almost tasted watered down. I was disappointed :(

I couldn't wait to try the hot, oh my, I thought it was something special. My Mom and I made it our morning ritual to grab a cup and just people watch for a few minutes while we enjoyed it... this was of course, after due diligence was done for early entry at IOA and riding the train over to DA and riding Gringotts before settling down with our hot drinks. ;)

We loved the ice cream and hot butterbeer, and were okay on the regular. Didn't have the frozen.

I couldn't wait to try the frozen, since the last time we were there, the weather wasn't "conducive" to drinking a frozen beverage... I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what, but there just wasn't any taste to it, it almost tasted watered down. I was disappointed :(

I couldn't wait to try the hot, oh my, I thought it was something special. My Mom and I made it our morning ritual to grab a cup and just people watch for a few minutes while we enjoyed it... this was of course, after due diligence was done for early entry at IOA and riding the train over to DA and riding Gringotts before settling down with our hot drinks. ;)

Funny that you say that about the frozen butterbeer. I thought something was off about it when we went over HP weekend. It just didn't seem to have as much flavor as I remembered. I tried the hot butterbeer while I was there and though that was great. If they sold that at Dunkin Donuts, I 'd be there every morning (probably a good thing they don't). It's almost like a hot butterscotch drink.

1. Regular/soda
2. Ice cream
3. Frozen

Haven't gotten to try the hot version yet!

I have noticed that the soda/regular version that you get in the Hog's Head tastes different (more watered-down) than if you get it outside at one of the Butterbeer carts. :-/ Any particular reason for that, that we know of?

I want to give the ice cream a shot. I tried the soda and thought it was fantastic for the first two sips, then I was sick of it by the third.

Funny that you say that about the frozen butterbeer. I thought something was off about it when we went over HP weekend. It just didn't seem to have as much flavor as I remembered. I tried the hot butterbeer while I was there and though that was great. If they sold that at Dunkin Donuts, I 'd be there every morning (probably a good thing they don't). It's almost like a hot butterscotch drink.

LOL! the whole time I was there, I kept thinking that if they ever mass produced anything Butterbeer, it would not be a good thing! While I certainly miss it when I am back home, it is what makes trips to Universal even more special... I love the exclusivity of it.

My frozen butterbeer was watered down when I was last there too! I thought I just got a bad batch because my sister's looked much darker than mine. Hmm, interesting that others are having the same experience.

We tried all 4 back in November. I couldn't taste the butterbeer in the ice cream - just tasted like vanilla to me. The frozen one lacked flavor IMO too. The hot one was definitely our favorite, with the cold one a close second. The weather was cold when we were there, so the hot version was perfect for cooler temps.

We tried all 4 back in November. I couldn't taste the butterbeer in the ice cream - just tasted like vanilla to me. The frozen one lacked flavor IMO too. The hot one was definitely our favorite, with the cold one a close second. The weather was cold when we were there, so the hot version was perfect for cooler temps.

There's no Butterbeer flavoring in the ice cream itself - it's just in the swirls. They use plain ol' vanilla soft serve (well, perhaps it's fancy-schmantzy-Florean-Fortescue's vanilla soft serve) and then the individual flavors are only in the colored swirl. I think I even remember reading somewhere that they've got a patent on it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter