Butterbeer - which is your favorite?

What is your favorite form of Butterbeer?

• Total voters
There's no Butterbeer flavoring in the ice cream itself - it's just in the swirls. They use plain ol' vanilla soft serve (well, perhaps it's fancy-schmantzy-Florean-Fortescue's vanilla soft serve) and then the individual flavors are only in the colored swirl. I think I even remember reading somewhere that they've got a patent on it...

I know this, but to me the swirls weren't prominent enough to be tasted. I couldn't taste them at all. And I kind of wish it were fresh soft serve - we got ours from the booth in the back of Diagon Alley and they pulled a pre-packaged one out of a freezer in the back.

I know this, but to me the swirls weren't prominent enough to be tasted. I couldn't taste them at all. And I kind of wish it were fresh soft serve - we got ours from the booth in the back of Diagon Alley and they pulled a pre-packaged one out of a freezer in the back.

Bummer! As much as I don't like the long lines at Fortescue's, it seems odd that they'd prepackage it like that... I wonder whether the flavor in the swirls is impacted by sitting like that? :-/

Bummer! As much as I don't like the long lines at Fortescue's, it seems odd that they'd prepackage it like that... I wonder whether the flavor in the swirls is impacted by sitting like that? :-/

Maybe. There was no soft serve machine set up behind the counter, which is why they went to the back. I could tell by the quick amount of time they were gone coupled with the "flat" look of the ice cream indicating they had just removed a lid from it. Is it served differently at other locations?

Maybe. There was no soft serve machine set up behind the counter, which is why they went to the back. I could tell by the quick amount of time they were gone coupled with the "flat" look of the ice cream indicating they had just removed a lid from it. Is it served differently at other locations?

As I recall it, in the Fortescue's building, they have soft serve machines behind the counter, in the off-white structures seen here (pic from Wired magazine):
tw_HPScenesetters_024.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a different outdoor type of location, the name escapes me. If you walk into DA and turn right, it was in the back corner by the fountain where you can use the interactive wand. They had a few picnic tables set up. This location did not have soft serve machines when I was there, which is probably why it was pre-packaged. I'll have to try it from the other place next time!

Last edited:
As I recall it, in the Fortescue's building, they have soft serve machines behind the counter, in the off-white structures seen here:
tw_HPScenesetters_024.jpg

You are correct... and funny side note.. I asked if I could have a sundae using the Butterbeer ice cream and I was told no, they will just serve it alone.

**edited to add: I love your pic by the way! Their facial expressions are great!

You are correct... and funny side note.. I asked if I could have a sundae using the Butterbeer ice cream and I was told no, they will just serve it alone.

**edited to add: I love your pic by the way! Their facial expressions are great!
I wish it was my pic! It's from Wired magazine. :)

I haven't tried hot or the ice cream yet; but I prefer the frozen over the regular (both are great though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter