SpringtimeStarlight2022

Earning My Ears
Hello! My fiance and I are planning a DisneyWorld Honeymoon for April 2022, and I'm trying to figure out how much we should be saving to spend. I have a little list here of things we really want to do in and around the parks that might add extra to our budget(?)
  • Wild Africa Trek
  • Keys to the Kingdom Tour
  • Epcot DiveQuest
  • Horseback Riding
  • Building a Lightsaber (fiance is a big Star Wars fan)
  • Dining with an Imagineer
  • 50th Anniversary Souvenirs
  • Magic Maker Photo Pass (I need to have ALL THE PICTURES!!)
I just want to know if we'll have to narrow down the list at all. We had set a budget of around $5000, plus any extra we get from wedding gifts. Any tips or advice you have for general planning or budgeting to do would also be appreciated! Thank you :tigger:

How long do you plan to stay?
Do you plan to stay on or off property? If on, where? If off, where?
How many days do you need for tickets?
Park hoppers?
Does your budget include transportation (airfare) or however you get to MCO?

This will help with budgeting.

Hello! My fiance and I are planning a DisneyWorld Honeymoon for April 2022, and I'm trying to figure out how much we should be saving to spend. I have a little list here of things we really want to do in and around the parks that might add extra to our budget(?)
  • Wild Africa Trek
  • Keys to the Kingdom Tour
  • Epcot DiveQuest
  • Horseback Riding
  • Building a Lightsaber (fiance is a big Star Wars fan)
  • Dining with an Imagineer
  • 50th Anniversary Souvenirs
  • Magic Maker Photo Pass (I need to have ALL THE PICTURES!!)
I just want to know if we'll have to narrow down the list at all. We had set a budget of around $5000, plus any extra we get from wedding gifts. Any tips or advice you have for general planning or budgeting to do would also be appreciated! Thank you :tigger:
Back of the envelope, you have a couple thousand in extras listed there, right?

Assuming, based on the luxury tastes you indicate, you’re thinking of table service meals and deluxe accommodations I would start pricing packages and adjust accordingly.

And congratulations!

How long do you plan to stay?
Do you plan to stay on or off property? If on, where? If off, where?
How many days do you need for tickets?
Park hoppers?
Does your budget include transportation (airfare) or however you get to MCO?

This will help with budgeting.

1) Planning to stay about a week and a half. (9 nights, 10 days)
2) We won a 7night accommodations getaway, but we have yet to decide if we're going to stay on property or off. The other couple of nights we would like to stay at a moderate resort.
3) We want to do at least each park once, and we're not too interested in the water parks, so I would say mmmaybe six days? Seven max. No park hoppers.
4) Airfare is also covered already and not included in the $5000 budget. However I know they're getting rid of the free buses from the airport so I guess tickets for that will have to be included.

Back of the envelope, you have a couple thousand in extras listed there, right?

Assuming, based on the luxury tastes you indicate, you’re thinking of table service meals and deluxe accommodations I would start pricing packages and adjust accordingly.

And congratulations!
Thank you!
If it's just the two of us, would the dining plan be a good investment then? I figured that was for families and bigger groups, but I've never used it before so I'm not sure. Can it be used at the table service restaurants?
And for accommodations, we had won a 7 night accommodations paid getaway, thats the main reason we were even looking at these more high end adds. Although we haven't decided if we're staying on or off property yet with that, so that'll factor into things like car rental/transportation.

Thank you!
If it's just the two of us, would the dining plan be a good investment then? I figured that was for families and bigger groups, but I've never used it before so I'm not sure. Can it be used at the table service restaurants?
And for accommodations, we had won a 7 night accommodations paid getaway, thats the main reason we were even looking at these more high end adds. Although we haven't decided if we're staying on or off property yet with that, so that'll factor into things like car rental/transportation.

You can only get the dining plan (if available) if you are staying on property.

I'm assuming the 7 nights are off property? If so, you will need to budget a car rental and parking costs.

If it's just the two of us, would the dining plan be a good investment then? I figured that was for families and bigger groups, but I've never used it before so I'm not sure.

Would your priority be convenience or budget? The dining plans are designed for convenience, not for saving a buck. You can save money or break even on it, but doing so takes advance planning. There's much discussion, on these boards and elsewhere, about how to do that and whether it's worth the effort. However, if your priority is paying for all your food fees in bulk, rather than watching the checks add up over the course of the trip, it might be worth looking into.

Need to note, the DDP hasn't returned yet. Disney has announced that it will, but they haven't said when yet. Since your trip isn't until April, there's a decent chance it'll be back by then, but the caveat had to be mentioned.

You might already know this, but a few of your other wishlist items (the first three in the list) are also currently unavailable without return dates, but hopefully they'll be back by spring.

Can it be used at the table service restaurants?
There are different tiers of the dining plan. Most include table service. Of course, when the plans return, the tiers might have changed, like most things that have come back after hiatus.

No idea about your eating habits, but my husband and I always dine at one ADR a day and include appetizer, entree and alcoholic drinks —maybe even a dessert. We budget $250 a day. (the rest of our meals are in room, just snacks, or QS no drinks).

Regarding the Tours——
Most of these below are around $100- $250 pp. I recommend choosing 1 or 2.

- Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great.

- Wild Africa is fun, but the food at the end is more like a snack.
- Horseback riding isn’t as impressive on property (not much to see).

I did like the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness and the Behind the Seeds at the Land. Also, Marceline to Magic Kingdom is a great value.

$5,000 seems like a lot of money, but it goes pretty fast at Disney. It’s good that you are planning ahead! Congratulations

No idea about your eating habits, but my husband and I always dine at one ADR a day and include appetizer, entree and alcoholic drinks —maybe even a dessert. We budget $250 a day. (the rest of our meals are in room, just snacks, or QS no drinks).

Regarding the Tours——
Most of these below are around $100- $250 pp. I recommend choosing 1 or 2.

- Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great.

- Wild Africa is fun, but the food at the end is more like a snack.
- Horseback riding isn’t as impressive on property (not much to see).

I did like the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness and the Behind the Seeds at the Land. Also, Marceline to Magic Kingdom is a great value.

$5,000 seems like a lot of money, but it goes pretty fast at Disney. It’s good that you are planning ahead! Congratulations

The $250 budget per day is great, I'll definitely keep that in mind! Thank you for the advice

Thank you!
When it was available, the Deluxe Dining Plan was a great honeymoon thing for me and my partner. Actually, I wish I could pull it up again, but we had purchased a special package that allowed things like parasailing, etc at Sammy Duvall's (now closed). Ah - I think it was this one (I can't recall if we did Premium or Platinum): https://www.mousemisers.com/docs/premium11.pdf and unfortunately they've discontinued those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter