Brit's Guide Up-dates

I am waiting for my copy from Amazon. but the delivery date is getting later and later. Is there a general problem, or is it just Amazon?
Denise

Check out Waterstones instead. They're showing in stock with dispatch within 24hrs, and at £7.49 delivered. :thumbsup2

Check out Waterstones instead. They're showing in stock with dispatch within 24hrs, and at £7.49 delivered. :thumbsup2

Hmm, very good price with Waterstones but the only way you can tell its the 2008 edition is by the picture. Has anyone recieved a copy from them yet?

Mine was on pre-order with Waterstones until today when it's finally been shipped. The publication date is 30/10/07. And the ISBN is the same as that for the 2008 book on Amazon.

Hopefully you can be pretty sure its the 2008 edition :goodvibes

We have been told that stocks should now be in most warehouses, so it should only be a matter of days for copies to start being shipped out. Obviously it varies from company to company, but we have been told Waterstones certainly have stocks already, so the others can't be far behind. Sometimes bookstores are reluctant to put 08 titles on the shelves this soon before Christmas (they seem to prefer late November :sad2: ) but they can usually be 'nudged' into stocking them if people ask.

Thanks for the tip off. I have cancelled my Amazon order and gone with Waterstones. Don't they know I need it now to plan my holiday (in October next year!)

Denise

I also ordered mine off Amazon. Just been on it to try and cancel so i can re-order from waterstones but it is saying I can't due to it awaiting dispatch.
How did u cancel yours?

Thanks for the tip off. I have cancelled my Amazon order and gone with Waterstones. Don't they know I need it now to plan my holiday (in October next year!)

Denise

I cancelled my order with play.com and then ordered from Waterstones. When I placed the order with them it said on the site that they had 10+ in stock but today I recieved an email:

Unfortunately the publisher has confirmed that the item/s shown below are not currently available. SUSAN VENESS SIMON VENESS Brit's Guide to Orlando Please be assured that we are staying in contact with the publisher and once we receive the items into our fulfilment centre we will ship the items to you immediately. Your credit card will not be debited until your order or individual items from your order are despatched. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, Customer Service Waterstones.com

:sad1:

My order was still waiting for anything to happen at Amazon, so I just click on "cancel order".
I have had an e mail from Waterstones saying it's been dispatched. YEAH!

Denise

I had an email from Amazon last night saying that my book had been dispatched and estimated delivery date was 8th November.
Least I know it's on its way now! :thumbsup2

I got an e-mail last night from Waterstones saying my copy has been shipped, just gotta wait for royal mail to deliver it!

Hey, just to let everybody know, I recieved my copy in the post this morning from Waterstones.

I am reading through it now and im very impressesd with the new layout. As with the previous guides its still really easy to pick up and find the info you need. All the chapters are colour coded which makes it easy to open the book out at the section you want.

Well done Simon & Susan, this years guide is the best yet, and thats some achievement!!! :thumbsup2

Anyway, back to the book!! There's planning to be done! :cool1:

Just ordered through Amazon. Hope it arrives before we head out on Sunday.

My Waterstones copy arrived today. Royal mail pastle delivery. Very well wrapped and looks like a good read.
Thanks for the tip off.
Denise

Hi Simon
Have I missed something or are you not doing the busy days guide anymore?
I've always used this in the past as it's proved to be an invaluable tool when we plan our trips.

PS if you are going to update it can you do May First. ;) :goodvibes

Cheers

Tony

There have been some problems with the AskDaisy/Orlando website. As a temporary measure, I have put January-March up on our media website. I'll do my very best to get April and May up soon, but please be aware we don't really trust Disney's hours this far out.

Try here, for the time being: http://www.venesstravelmedia.com/id74.html

Please do not use the email address there for correspondance. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter