Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pat,

Kenny wants to remind you how pencil thin our cruise director is in person!:banana:

ellen
Thanks Ellen, that Kenny is SUCH a Doll!!! :rolleyes1

Here is the 'pencil thin' Rachel and the Magic Marker Me :rotfl: ....and Tom :woohoo:

IMG_3586.jpg
IMG_3779.jpg

Guys

Heres a link to my photos from the room tours. They arent great because there were so many of us on the day (Big thanks to everyone who showed up by the way there were loads of us)

Anyway enjoy

Lindsay

http://www.flickr.com/gp/12759083@N05/90R2xq
Thanks for posting - I was Martini Tasting during the tour...but Suzanne and Sherman were graciuos enough to show me their Cat 4....great pictures.

Thank you so much for organising the Pirate Night Picture! I know you had to badger the photography session to get it so thanks. I was disappointed that more people didn't turn up as it was a very small picture and we did give everyone an extra 15 minutes to get there after the Susan Egan show but hey it cant be helped I guess people just didnt want to have a group picture. Thank you for organising it again and when I get a sec I will sort out a copy for you.

Hope you all got home safely

Sarah

Totally forgot about the pirate picture in the ecitement of getting ready for pirates night and taking photos with the pirate characters and the susan egan show etc. pirate:
Remembered a couple days later like a real fool.:sad1: :upsidedow

:goodvibes Hey!

We arrived back on Thursday, got the kids enrolled in school and are just doing laundry.

I must say, I do feel some guilt over the pirate picture, as is my nature. I probably should have called everyone, but I did not print off room numbers and figured, after the last Repo, that numbers would change anyway. I just ASSUMED (with all that entails) that people would remember. I am genuinely sorry for not reminding people.

As far as FE gifts, I put Mickey postcards, pencils and homaemade magnets in them. Anyone who had something hanging on a door received a gift. Thanks you for the wonderful gifts I received. They were all delightful and added to the joy of our trip.

I also hope the awards for the FE's were okay and sorry they took so long to give out. It took longer to go around and judge and award than I had thought. It was fun to really see and enjoy all the extenders. I need to give a special mention to the 2 extenders on deck 6 that held personal pictures. They will the inspiration for my future extenders!

To anyone who saw me make a fool of myself during the "So YOu THINK YOU Know YOUR FAMILY" game show in the Promenade Lounge...I wish I had stood up to say that a question like "What family member does your parent most dislike?" should never have been asked. I have shed many tears that I answered, trying to match my daughter, caught up in the game, not explaining the context. I LOVE each member of my family and will long regret my answer. I would never want to hurt anyone in my family. They are my life.:love:

So, I risk making a fool of myself here and now, only to try and rectify actually naming someone then. Thanks for reading.

OTHERWISE, the cruise was wonderful. We lost every game we entered and had a great time doing it...and came home with wonderful consolation prizes...I am consoled.:goodvibes Our boat we built was way cool, though. It's now in the crew quarters on display. Yipee!

I LOVED meeting Lorraine and her family and count them as dear friends. (They actually took bets on how many of our kids would be asleep at dinner!)

Katey was able to chat with Susan Egan and her group, not realizing it was Susan Egan. She even helped her pick out songs for the talent show. Nice people...super nice. So glad I decided that before I knew they were "somebodies."

I enjoyed the Palo brunch and tea (Chris and Casey are just fun!) I also had fun on the room tour--thanks to all who volunteered their rooms. The posh rooms just reminded me that I was slummin' it. :lmao: SIster Ann And Brother Dan were so nice to let me bring my family back. (I hope you got all your stuff packed up.)

I also enjoyed talking to Gizmo and Rikimuk in the hottub. I hope we can cruise again together.

Kids running amuk???? They were probably mine. I never saw them mukking it up, but i did see teens playing cards in the glass elevators and a pretty intriguing poker game with young boys using stacks of chocolate Euros for their bets. kinda funny. The kids didn't bother me, but then, I didn't put anything I loved on my door, and I am used to noise. It's a Disney ship--Ocean Quest was open til 12 and The Stack til 2--and most of the parents were asleep well before that (not me!--Rockin Bar D!)

We arrived back on Thursday, got the kids enrolled in school and are just doing laundry.

I must say, I do feel some guilt over the pirate picture, as is my nature. I probably should have called everyone, but I did not print off room numbers and figured, after the last Repo, that numbers would change anyway. I just ASSUMED (with all that entails) that people would remember. I am genuinely sorry for not reminding people.

As far as FE gifts, I put Mickey postcards, pencils and homaemade magnets in them. Anyone who had something hanging on a door received a gift. Thanks you for the wonderful gifts I received. They were all delightful and added to the joy of our trip.

I also hope the awards for the FE's were okay and sorry they took so long to give out. It took longer to go around and judge and award than I had thought. It was fun to really see and enjoy all the extenders. I need to give a special mention to the 2 extenders on deck 6 that held personal pictures. They will the inspiration for my future extenders!

To anyone who saw me make a fool of myself during the "So YOu THINK YOU Know YOUR FAMILY" game show in the Promenade Lounge...I wish I had stood up to say that a question like "What family member does your parent most dislike?" should never have been asked. I have shed many tears that I answered, trying to match my daughter, caught up in the game, not explaining the context. I LOVE each member of my family and will long regret my answer. I would never want to hurt anyone in my family. They are my life.:love:

So, I risk making a fool of myself here and now, only to try and rectify actually naming someone then. Thanks for reading.

OTHERWISE, the cruise was wonderful. We lost every game we entered and had a great time doing it...and came home with wonderful consolation prizes...I am consoled.:goodvibes Our boat we built was way cool, though. It's now in the crew quarters on display. Yipee!

I LOVED meeting Lorraine and her family and count them as dear friends. (They actually took bets on how many of our kids would be asleep at dinner!)

Katey was able to chat with Susan Egan and her group, not realizing it was Susan Egan. She even helped her pick out songs for the talent show. Nice people...super nice. So glad I decided that before I knew they were "somebodies."

I enjoyed the Palo brunch and tea (Chris and Casey are just fun!) I also had fun on the room tour--thanks to all who volunteered their rooms. The posh rooms just reminded me that I was slummin' it. :lmao: SIster Ann And Brother Dan were so nice to let me bring my family back. (I hope you got all your stuff packed up.)

I also enjoyed talking to Gizmo and Rikimuk in the hottub. I hope we can cruise again together.

Kids running amuk???? They were probably mine. I never saw them mukking it up, but i did see teens playing cards in the glass elevators and a pretty intriguing poker game with young boys using stacks of chocolate Euros for their bets. kinda funny. The kids didn't bother me, but then, I didn't put anything I loved on my door, and I am used to noise. It's a Disney ship--Ocean Quest was open til 12 and The Stack til 2--and most of the parents were asleep well before that (not me!--Rockin Bar D!)

As said you shouldn't feel guilty over the photo! You can't do everything! Anyway the photo looked good!

Totally forgot about the pirate picture in the ecitement of getting ready for pirates night and taking photos with the pirate characters and the susan egan show etc. pirate:
Remembered a couple days later like a real fool.:sad1: :upsidedow

lol guess you were in full holiday mode! It happens.

more Rachel... she said she'd been cruising for 20 years...math...if she started as a performer at 18, which I am assuming, of course, that would put her at around 38. I think she looks great if she truly is that age!

more Rachel... she said she'd been cruising for 20 years...math...if she started as a performer at 18, which I am assuming, of course, that would put her at around 38. I think she looks great if she truly is that age!

She came to Ireland to celebrate her 40th birthday last year, so this confirms her age at 41 this year! too scary cause she looks amazing!

Don't feel guilty over the pirate picture. Thanks for taking the time to organize it.

I also have to add that I absolutely enjoyed chatting with you at the Brunch and Tea. It was great trip and I am having a hard time adjusting back to reality.:)

Kasey, Did you have any flooding? We escaped, but there are a lot of branches scattered. My chicken coop was a mess, too. I won't even go there... And the flies and mosquitos are crazy bad!

Kasey, Did you have any flooding? We escaped, but there are a lot of branches scattered. My chicken coop was a mess, too. I won't even go there... And the flies and mosquitos are crazy bad!

No flooding at all. Now, the mosqitos and flies are horrible. You can barely spend anytime outside. I have to hose my kids down with OFF before sending them to the bus stop.:laughing:

I was thinking she was close to my age, but only 3 years younger???? Ugh. I need a body lift.

She is only about 2 years younger than me. Wow!! I need some serious intervention!!:)

Now, now, Kasey, You are a beautiful woman! I would've put you in your early thirties! I, on the other hand, plan on booking a "spa heavy" cruise in the future in some weak effort to match Rachel's youthful appearance. Cheaper and less painful than surgery, right??? I wonder if my hubby will see the benefit and finance this "project!":lmao:

If I remember, Chris was using the cruise to jumpstart a fitness program. Sounds like a great idea!

She came to Ireland to celebrate her 40th birthday last year, so this confirms her age at 41 this year! too scary cause she looks amazing!
Must be 'pencil thinness' that keeps you looking young :rotfl2:

SAME HERE DIANNA. Hope to see you on a cruise soon.

Lindsay

I choose to believe my full figure "fills out" my wrinkles, thus making me appear more youthful!:rotfl2: Therefore FAT is FABULOUS, right??!!!!;) (Where ARE those cupcakes????)

Unfortunately, my sparkly gray hair negates the whole effect.:headache:

Lorraine, my e=mail is up again! My friend had twins while I was gone and filled my box with pictures. Oh so cute! (I obviously love babies!)

I choose to believe my full figure "fills out" my wrinkles, thus making me appear more youthful!:rotfl2: Therefore FAT is FABULOUS, right??!!!!;) (Where ARE those cupcakes????)

Unfortunately, my sparkly gray hair negates the whole effect.:headache:

LOL I think this is a brilliant excuse for me not to diet! And don't worry about the grey hair I have had grey hairs since I was 15 and they just seem to be getting worse! My theory is they're part of me now so may as well put up with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter