Brilliant Marketing Technique or Unethical and Misleading?

I wouldn't write a positive review before getting the chosen product. Though if I made ordered there before and didn't face any issues, maybe I'd go for it.

My sister and I both agreed that it's hard to get the brush into and out of the case. You have to really push and pull hard. I never write Amazon reviews, but if I did I would give the product 4 stars, not 5.

You could be just as unethical. :rolleyes1 :stir: Post the 5-star review raving about how well it picks up fur. Leave off the part where it's hard to push & pull it in and out of the case. After your $10 gift card arrives, amend your review, bringing up the fact that you and your DSis realize how hard it is to push in the case and you have to drop your review down to 4 stars. ;) :duck:

Just kidding. Personally, I wouldn't bother to leave a review either. But, since you did buy it partly because of the reviews, do report them to Amazon.

Last edited:
It's important to strike a balance between creative marketing techniques and ethical practices. While some strategies might seem brilliant, they could cross into unethical territory if they mislead consumers. Speaking of marketing, staying updated on industry trends like on this source, can help us navigate the evolving landscape responsibly. Honest and transparent approaches tend to build lasting relationships with customers. Let's keep the discussions going

Last edited:

As others said - its completely wrong and far too common.

Several times I've been offered a full refund (and keep the product) to remove a bad review.

Any time I see reviews where its a "verified purchase" and the people say they got it for free to write the review I take it with a grain of salt. It's like all the theme park influences who have nothing to say but positive things about Disney.

I don think you can honestly review something you got for free.

Hey @tony67, you're absolutely right. It's disheartening to see how common and misleading some marketing tactics can be. When reviews are influenced by offers of free products or refunds for positive feedback, it undermines the integrity of the review system. It's important for consumers to approach such reviews with caution and skepticism. Speaking of questionable tactics, have you heard about CTR manipulation? It's another area where businesses try to manipulate search engine rankings. Learning about these tactics can help us stay informed and make more informed decisions as consumers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter