BREXIT......How do you feel Brits? Excited??

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
Watching from across the pond, how is the mood on your shores? Jubilant? Nervous? A mix?

Was shocked to hear this on the news this morning. I was wondering the same thing.

I would say worried as no one knows what will happen. At the moment the pound and stock markets have fallen. Hopefully these will stabilise but until the exit negotiations start it is going to be a very bumpy and rocky ride. Its going to take at least 2 years for the UK to exit the EU as that is the minimum time.

Its a massive waiting game!

Its going to take at least 2 years for the UK to exit the EU as that is the minimum time.
Divorce is never easy, that's for sure.

At the moment the pound and stock markets have fallen.
I think it will. Been listening to talk of all the markets, US included, and how they'll dive but bounce back (maybe not today, but eventually). Patience is the key! Interesting times we live in, that's for sure.

I lived in England for most of my life, my husband is British, my kids were born there and I am so, so VERY happy that we made the decision to move back to my hometown in Canada 5 years ago!!!
It is a very sad day. If the citizens of Britain though things were rough before they're in for one heck of a reality shock now

I'm from Scotland living in London and there is a grim feeling in the office. Also lots of the yes voters from Scotland are blaming the 55% who voted no In the Scottish referendum. However I definitely think there will be a second indi ref for Scotland and I think they'll break up next time. There's talks of Ireland and N.Ireland coming together (not sure how likely that is) all in all it's pretty rubbish.

Im just shocked and really upset. Im Irish and this has huge implications for my country. In 1999 The Irish and UK Governments signed the Good Friday Peace agreement which is an official ceasefire and the removal of border controls between North and South Ireland. Since then North and South started the healing process and the economy in both now rely heavily on each other. Many people live in the North and work in the South and vice versa. Many UK people have no understanding any of this. Many people on both sides of the border are worried that our fragile peace process could be in jeopardy now, as its very likely the border checkpoints will be put back, as the south of the island is part of the EU and the north of the island is not. The worst case scenario if that happens is that the bombings and killings will start again and that British troops will again be patrolling Belfast and other big cities.

Another implication for me is that now that UK is not part of EU , I no longer have the freedom of work there like I had previously. I have lived and worked in Edinburgh and London for about 6 years. Now with Brexit it means that I can not return to live and work in London the same as I did before.

Every one of my UK friends, people in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all very worried now. None of them voted leave and they just cant believe that this has happened. They are worried about their childrens future and their own financial situations

I have to say that my British relatives are deeply disappointed. And worried.

I have British cousins in London and they are disappointed too. There will be short-term implications and long term which I worry about. Looking at how the vote went by area, it wouldn't be surprising to see Scotland vote to leave the UK.

Looking at how the vote went by area, it wouldn't be surprising to see Scotland vote to leave the UK.

I agree, Scotland are not happy. They voted to stay but now are being forced to leave. The same in Northern Ireland, but thats a much more complicate issue.

It'll be a tough transition, but they'll pull through. In the long run, they'll probably be better off leaving now and getting a head start, than waiting until the EU crumbles down the road. It's possible the EU may be the exception, but rarely does adding another level of bureaucracy - especially one so significant - prove to make things better.

Seems like a bad thing based on my knowledge of it. I know the EU needed some reform, but this vote will only have a destabilizing effect. The vote's margin was razor thin too. Can you really make a decision this important with the country divided nearly 50/50? How did this even get on the table? I hope that the immediate economic impact will correct itself and that the UK and Europe will remain stable.

Most of my UK friends on FB are not happy. I've seen lots of interesting Tweets (using the hashtag to just see random people's tweets) this morning, too.

I honestly don't know enough about the situation to comment.

Seems like a bad thing based on my knowledge of it. I know the EU needed some reform, but this vote will only have a destabilizing effect. The vote's margin was razor thin too. Can you really make a decision this important with the country divided nearly 50/50? How did this even get on the table? I hope that the immediate economic impact will correct itself and that the UK and Europe will remain stable.

Prime Minister Cameron called for the exit vote. Their was growing division among the Tory party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter